Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will win the division?
I honestly do not think it will be the Steelers.

Just a few days from the start of training camp here and just looking at the teams as they seem to be headed I'd give the Ravens the edge followed by either the Steelers or Bengals.

Stay with me here:

The Ravens need to get young WR's in sync with Flacco.
The Steelers need to get their defense to gel quickly.
The Bengals need Dalton to get them over the hump.
The Browns need a miracle.

Obviously a lot can change between now and the beginning of the season let alone December, but I see the Bengals as having less holes to worry about, but the Ravens as having the better of the two QB's and so I give them the edge.

I also think the Steelers offense should be great this year, but with Bell suspended at the start of the season and that defensive backfield in a state of flux plus their schedule I will be pleasantly surprised if they can take the division. I think they are a playoff team and barring anything from the other teams we could see all three (Steelers, Ravens, Bengals) in the playoffs again this year.

It has turned in to quite the division!

One last note: I secretly hope the Browns compete too. I always want the underdog to do well...just not against the Steelers. Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
By young receivers you mean the the one rookie?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2015, 09:34 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: By young receivers you mean the the one rookie?

I was under the impression they had a couple new receivers, not just rookies.

But I guess saying they would win the division wasn't enough?  Smirk
Reply/Quote
Honestly, with how competitive the division has been over the last 5 years, I won't try to predict which one of the top 3 will win it. I don't think any of them are a dominant team at this point, but all 3 will at least make it close to getting into the playoffs.

I will say that the Browns WILL NOT win the division. I don't see a scenario where that abortion of a team somehow leapfrogs the Bengals, Ravens, and Steelers.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2015, 09:28 AM)GMDino Wrote: I honestly do not think it will be the Steelers.

Just a few days from the start of training camp here and just looking at the teams as they seem to be headed I'd give the Ravens the edge followed by either the Steelers or Bengals.  

Stay with me here:

The Ravens need to get young WR's in sync with Flacco.
The Steelers need to get their defense to gel quickly.
The Bengals need Dalton to get them over the hump.
The Browns need a miracle.

Obviously a lot can change between now and the beginning of the season let alone December, but I see the Bengals as having less holes to worry about, but the Ravens as having the better of the two QB's and so I give them the edge.

I also think the Steelers offense should be great this year, but with Bell suspended at the start of the season and that defensive backfield in a state of flux plus their schedule I will be pleasantly surprised if they can take the division.  I think they are a playoff team and barring anything from the other teams we could see all three (Steelers, Ravens, Bengals) in the playoffs again this year.

It has turned in to quite the division!

One last note:  I secretly hope the Browns compete too.  I always want the underdog to do well...just not against the Steelers.   Smirk

If the Ravens sign Reggie Wayne, I'll give them the edge.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2015, 09:44 AM)GMDino Wrote: I was under the impression they had a couple new receivers, not just rookies.

No. For Ravens fan you must state that they are on the cusp of world domination for centuries to come. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Dalton's hump doesn't come into play until the playoffs, so saying that would be the only reason that we couldn't win the division means that you're saying that we will win the division.

Hill dominated the second half of the season last year, so making him our bell cow, along with returning players from injury, Atkins returning to form, and bringing back Dunlap to improve the pass rush, I don't see how you can't call us the favorites right now.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2015, 11:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote:  bringing back Dunlap to improve the pass rush,

Johnson, they brought back Johnson.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2015, 12:47 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: If the Ravens sign Reggie Wayne, I'll give them the edge.

Not going to happen. They aren't interested in Wayne. That's info put out by his agent trying to get a bite.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2015, 02:14 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Johnson, they brought back Johnson.

Wow Brad doesn't even know the players on the team.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2015, 06:30 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Wow Brad doesn't even know the players on the team.

Yeah, because no one has EVER had a slip of mind and typed the wrong name  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I gotta agree with Brad on this one. No one could really be talking about increasing pass rush when talking about a guy that only had half a sack more than our LDE who plays in a 3-4.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2015, 11:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Dalton's hump doesn't come into play until the playoffs, so saying that would be the only reason that we couldn't win the division means that you're saying that we will win the division.

Hill dominated the second half of the season last year, so making him our bell cow, along with returning players from injury, Atkins returning to form, and bringing back Dunlap to improve the pass rush, I don't see how you can't call us the favorites right now.

Eh, one division title in 4 years.  And that year the Steelers and Ravens were both 8-8.

I'll have to look at his division head-to-head record too, but I can't imagine its great.
Reply/Quote
Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2015, 09:44 AM)GMDino Wrote: I was under the impression they had a couple new receivers, not just rookies.

Honestly, I just skimmed the post.

Besides Perriman, we have 2nd year Camp, but everyone else has some years on 'em.

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2015, 11:07 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Honestly, I just skimmed the post.

Besides Perriman, we have 2nd year Camp, but everyone else has some years on 'em.

How much playing time?  I'm serious in that I don't know.

I've pretty much tired to avoid any real NFL news for the past few months!   Smirk
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2015, 11:23 AM)GMDino Wrote: How much playing time?  I'm serious in that I don't know.

I've pretty much tired to avoid any real NFL news for the past few months!   Smirk

How long have they been in the league or how much playing time do they have with Flacco?

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2015, 10:17 AM)GMDino Wrote: Eh, one division title in 4 years.  And that year the Steelers and Ravens were both 8-8.

I'll have to look at his division head-to-head record too, but I can't imagine its great.

It's hard to win divisions when you can't eclipse 3-3 inside of it.

5-3 vs Cleveland
4-4 vs Baltimore
2-6 vs Pittsburgh

That's the next step we have to take.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2015, 11:39 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: How long have they been in the league or how much playing time do they have with Flacco?

With Flacco.  That's what I was getting at.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2015, 12:08 PM)Stormborn Wrote: It's hard to win divisions when you can't eclipse 3-3 inside of it.

5-3 vs Cleveland
4-4 vs Baltimore
2-6 vs Pittsburgh

That's the next step we have to take.

Well there ya go!
Reply/Quote