Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who would be your QB for Buckeyes ???
No way I would bench the QB that won Big 10 Championship, Alabama and Oregon. I don't want to hear how well another QB played against Indiana. David Letterman said after the Championship win, " if it's me, I play that guy next year and see if the other QBs want to work the concession stands. "....I don't go that far, but Jones finished the Michigan game, won the Big 10 Championship Game, and in first college Championship ever he was great against Alabama and Oregon. .....He is big, strong, arm like a cannon, can run like a power runner, hard to tackle. ...He was like Big Ben or Bradshaw and Buckeyes defense much like Steelers in a Super Bowl year, fast and hard hitting.

I posted this because I'm sure many have their own opinions of which of the 3 good QB's Ohio State should start. I don't think State beats Alabama with the other 2 last year. What Jones did was amazing. I'm hoping Bengals end up with Jones after his college, he looks like an NFL QB, big, tough, rocket for an arm, play-off game winner. Better than the back-ups Bengals now have.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I'd pick Cardale, but I keep hearing he won't be as effective since Smith is gone.  I like Barrett too.  It's a good problem to have.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Both are excellent players, we haven't had the luxury of seeing how each has improved through competition since January, and I trust Urban completely to make the right decision.

That said...

Based on last year's body of work, I would pick JT. He's a sophomore who broke records for total yards and total TDs, and finished 5th in Heisman voting as a freshman after being thrust into the starting role two weeks before the season started.

Not to belittle Cardale, but by the time he had to start the offensive line was gelling. He was able to lean on Zeke to the tune of over 230 yards per game. That kind of production simply wasn't available to JT for the first half of the season.

JT is better with ball distribution, and that's what we need when there are so many weapons on offense. He's also going to be around longer, so the experience will pay dividends for the 2016 Buckeyes. If we were a less complete team, unable to run the spread and dependent on a deep threat to blow the lid off and open the field up for a RB, then it would be Cardale. It's a pick-your-poison offense regardless, and our cupboards are well-stocked. In my opinion, however, we need a master apothecary, not a one-trick dread pirate.

[Image: pb09.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I would name a starter and that starter would be JT Barrett !
Reply/Quote
I don't know what happened to Cardale Jones ? But he just doesn't have "IT" right now !

There's no rhythm to this offense when he's in there, there's no confidence and you can see it. Cardale throws high, throws low, he's a count off on 8 out of 10 throws. He looks scared on nearly every play, confused and not knowing what to do.

JT Barrett has to be the starter from here on out !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
JT, theres no debate.

Cardale looks lost out there.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 10:00 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: JT, theres no debate.

Cardale looks lost out there.

this
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote