Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who would've been backup QB?
If the AJ trade had gone through there was a second part...who would we have signed to be our back up QB? Driskel is still on IR. Brian Hoyer would have still been available but because he already knew the offense probably still have gone to the Patriots. Would we have gone for the controversial choice of Kapernick? would we have gone for TJ Yates..we know he can beat the Bengals..can he beat anyone else?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Colin K............ Pissed
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Would not have been Kap, am certain of that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 06:55 PM)pally Wrote: If the AJ trade had gone through there was a second part...who would we have signed to be our back up QB?  Driskel is still on IR.  Brian Hoyer would have still been available but because he already knew the offense probably still have gone to the Patriots.  Would we have gone for the controversial choice of Kapernick? would we have gone for TJ Yates..we know he can beat the Bengals..can he beat anyone else?
 think Driskell is eligible to come off of IR next week. The question now becomes will they leave him on IR for rest of year or activate him and cutting someone else
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 06:55 PM)pally Wrote: If the AJ trade had gone through there was a second part...who would we have signed to be our back up QB?  Driskel is still on IR.  Brian Hoyer would have still been available but because he already knew the offense probably still have gone to the Patriots.  Would we have gone for the controversial choice of Kapernick? would we have gone for TJ Yates..we know he can beat the Bengals..can he beat anyone else?

Yes, the old gymnastics lazy Merv didn't want to have to deal with.  Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Probably Brian Hoyer or Colin Kaepernick. And either of them would be a welcome face to see along with a 2nd and a 3rd round draft pick.

Still pissed this trade didn't happen.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 01:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote:  think Driskell is eligible to come off of IR next week. The question now becomes will they leave him on IR for rest of year or activate him and cutting someone else

This is most likely the answer..  Driskell would be activated....    I'd leave him on IR until they have a need  not sure who else is on IR and eligible to return this year.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 02:24 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Probably Brian Hoyer or Colin Kaepernick.  And either of them would be a welcome face to see along with a 2nd and a 3rd round draft pick.

Hoyer went to the Pats since he's familiar with the system and was cut from the 49ers to make room for Gropealopealoo.  Kaepernick is currently filing a lawsuit against the NFL or something, so I'd wager he's even further off the radar than before.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 02:05 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yes, the old gymnastics lazy Merv didn't want to have to deal with.  Whatever

Gymnastics, is that code for maybe coaching a player?
Reply/Quote
I'm still available.  They could have signed me to league minimum and I would have been just fine.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 02:24 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Probably Brian Hoyer or Colin Kaepernick.  And either of them would be a welcome face to see along with a 2nd and a 3rd round draft pick.

Colin Kraperdick would definitely NOT be welcome by anyone I know....
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 03:08 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I'm still available.  They could have signed me to league minimum and I would have been just fine.

Me too and just think of the publicity of signing a 58 year old guy with a bad heart and even worse legs and who never was any good at throwing a football to begin with... Heck, I can fumble and run away from the action with the best of them.. 
With me as QB you'd be able to hear me scream, "PLEASE DON'T HURT ME!" all the way from China.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 03:41 PM)grampahol Wrote: Me too and just think of the publicity of signing a 58 year old guy with a bad heart and even worse legs and who never was any good at throwing a football to begin with... Heck, I can fumble and run away from the action with the best of them.. 
With me as QB you'd be able to hear me scream, "PLEASE DON'T HURT ME!" all the way from China.. 

Would you do it as Simple Jack, and could you change the location to Laos?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I can't help but think Brown would take a chance on Kaepernick. We all know Brown loves his reclamation projects.

Then again, Brown strikes me as a conservative, politically speaking, so then again, maybe he doesn't want to sign him.

Then again, Brown was rumored as wanting Kaepernick over Dalton during the draft, so he may want to sign him.

Then again, Brown could've put the poison in his own cup thinking you would choose the cup in front of him. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 01:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote:  think Driskell is eligible to come off of IR next week. The question now becomes will they leave him on IR for rest of year or activate him and cutting someone else

This is the answer. No reason to bring him off now, but that did seem like the plan.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 03:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Colin Kraperdick would definitely NOT be welcome by anyone I know....

Politics aside, he seems to be a better human being than Pacman Jones... Maybe even Joe Mixon for that matter.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 03:41 PM)grampahol Wrote: Me too and just think of the publicity of signing a 58 year old guy with a bad heart and even worse legs and who never was any good at throwing a football to begin with... Heck, I can fumble and run away from the action with the best of them.. 

You n I are in the same boat. I might be able to chuck the ball 20 yards, but I ain’t out running no 300 lb d-lineman. I’ll just curl up in a ball and do my best Hedgehog impression.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Nobody remembers when we worked out TJ Yates, Matt McGloin and a couple others?

In hindsight, maybe that supposed McCarron injury talk was just an excuse to review some QB's with a trade on the horizon without raising any eyebrows.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote