Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals DIDN'T turn down trade, Browns Messed It Up.
who cares?

with the way this oline is we are going to need him by the end of the year!!!  :whatever:

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 11:24 AM)jj22 Wrote: I only stated how it was reported first. Take veiled shots at me if you want because more details came as the evening went on. But Shefty's words not mine. Besides there were still reports that it was the Bengals fault late in the day. So many people who get paid to report news were wrong. If you want to give the Bengals a pass for waiting to offer up McCarron until 3:30pm on deadline day that's fine. But if they wanted to trade him they could have started the process a little earlier. It is week 8. A lot of blame to go around.

I think it's ridiculous to act like the Browns messed up a trade "accidently" (their Front Office clearly wasn't on same page as Coaching staff)...... Think about it. They've been trading like crazy for the past 2 years. They know what they are doing, and have more experience with trades then the Bengals Front Office.

Who cares now tho. The trade didn't happen. Move on.

I don't know why people are acting like the Bengals messed up for waiting so long. That's how long it took to get an offer they were willing to accept. It's called shrewd negotiating. Here is our price. It took the Browns until the last minutes to know they had to meet the offer if they wanted him. Sorry, no way is this on the Bengals front office.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 12:11 PM)RASCAL Wrote: who cares?

with the way this oline is we are going to need him by the end of the year!!!  Whatever

Right, and we'd need someone else a few games after that...so we should have traded him for the #33 overall pick. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  Who is our 3rd string guy?  Wenning?  Driskel?  TJ O'Sulivan?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 12:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't know why people are acting like the Bengals messed up for waiting so long. That's how long it took to get an offer they were willing to accept. It's called shrewd negotiating. Here is our price. It took the Browns until the last minutes to know they had to meet the offer if they wanted him. Sorry, no way is this on the Bengals front office.

I'm not disputing that. I'm disputing this idea that the Browns screwed up, were inept, and somehow celebrated before the trade went through. They knew what they were doing. They have far more experience trading then the Bengals do. They've made over 10 trades the last 2 years. They know how to get one done.

They didn't want to give up that much for McCarron. Hue might have wanted to, but they didn't. Don't give them the inept Browns excuse.

I also am defending my original post as news broke given how much of the story has changed as the evening went on.  Maybe it wasn't accurate, but that was reports coming from paid "journalist" at the time.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Confusion was worse as it's being reported by Hobspin that McCarron was packed and ready to go.

Luckily he handled it well. "I'm blessed in either situation".

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 12:27 PM)jj22 Wrote: Confusion was worse as it's being reported by Hobspin that McCarron was packed and ready to go.

Luckily he handled it well. "I'm blessed in either situation".

If nothing else, AJ is definitely a class act....
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 04:35 AM)kevin Wrote: There is another thread starting how Bengals turned down another trade. That is SO WRONG.   Read all the news stories.   The Bengals had AJ McCarron traded to the Browns and the Browns wanted him.  The Browns even thought the deal was done.  The Bengals did everything in time but the NFL said the Cleveland Browns failed to get the trade in by 4 PM of Trade Deadline.   Hue Jackson and the Browns have argued to the NFL they thought they got it in, they tried to get it in, and for NFL to approve the trade.  The NFL says Cleveland missed the Deadline and no trade.  The News is saying, " That is so Cleveland ".   The News reports are saying it made sense for Cleveland to want McCarron who Hue Jackson already knows. That Cleveland who has been looking for a quarterback for years may have just traded for the one they have been looking for in McCarron, but they didn't get the trade to the NFL in until after the deadline.  

So Bengals DID NOT fail to make a trade or mess up this trade.  The Bengals had the trade finished on their end.  AJ McCarron for Cleveland's # 2 and # 3 pick in the draft and since Browns will be picking first, those would have been like a # 1 and a # 2 pick for Bengals .  Picks 33 and 65.    Bengals had the trade to rebuild in the draft and get McCarron out from behind Dalton to a team like Browns where McCarron could win the starters job.  Bengals had their end of the trade done.  Cleveland thought they had their end of the trade done. NFL said NO, that Cleveland messed it up and didn't get it in before the trade deadline. The Browns wanted this trade and McCarron, they just fumbled it.  

Blame Cleveland for fumbling and bumbling this trade.  I've bee as hard on Mike Brown and Bengals owners as anybody but this was not their fault.  The Cleveland Brown owners fumbled and bumbled this trade and they wanted  McCarron.  The News Media all over is saying. " This is so Cleveland ".   Cleveland who wanted McCarron bad failed to get the trade to the NFL by the trade deadline time.  " So Cleveland ".  They could have used McCarron.  Bengals who will have high draft picks anyway would have been in quick rebuild mode with Browns picks 33 and 65 also.  Cleveland fumbled the trade.

So I repeat.  BLAME CLEVELAND, not Bengals.  CLEVELAND MESSED UP THIS TRADE......Washington Post says Cleveland was celebrating the trade so much, they forgot to turn it into the NFL before deadline.

It said they missed the window by 30 seconds....how about an appeal where they show it was submitted before the deadline?  I'm sure this crap wouldn't have been shot down for the pats or steelers. 
Reply/Quote
They didn't screw it up. Whoever the faction in the Browns org. was that didn't want the deal ended up having the final say. And, from the Browns pov, that person or persons did the right thing. The stupid thing for them was ever wanting the deal in the first place.

Would have been a windfall for the Bengals and a really bad idea for the Browns.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 12:27 PM)jj22 Wrote: Luckily he handled it well. "I'm blessed in either situation".

(11-01-2017, 12:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If nothing else, AJ is definitely a class act....

Pretty sure he was saying because his wife would be with him at either place. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 09:50 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I bet you pay full price for automobiles..... Wink

What are those?
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote