4. Cleveland Browns (from Texans) Joshua Jackson, CB, Iowa
5. Arizona Cardinals (via mock trade) Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
6. New York Jets Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB, Alabama
8. Chicago Bears Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama
9. San Francisco 49ers Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
10. Oakland Raiders Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
11. Miami Dolphins Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame

The top remaining players, by many people's estimations would contain names such as:
Vita Vea DT Washington
Tremaine Edwards LB Virginia Tech
Billy Price C Ohio State
Derwin James S Florida State
Mike McGlinchey OT Notre Dame
Will Hernandez OG UTEP
Denzel Ward CB Ohio State
Connor Williams OT Texas
Da'Ron Payne DT Alabama
Marcus Davenport DE Texas-San Antonio

The mock draft ends up with us draftin Connor Williams OT Texas
Quote:Connor Williams, OT, Texas. Based on his 2016 film, Williams would be a top-10 lock. In 2017, he started strong, hurt his knee and had some bumps upon returning. As one of the youngest players in this draft, he has room to grow as a player.

And I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this...
I mean, on the one hand, he was a very well regarded prospect last year prior to his injury. But he had such a bad season after coming back from injury and, coming off the colossal bust that is Cedric Ogbuehi, it just seems risky to go for another athletic OT generally lacking in strength who is coming off of a relatively serious injury.

I know the same could be said about when we drafted Anthony Muñoz, but I dunno. Which is more common? An injury prone high potential player ending up like Anthony Muñoz or Cedric Ogbuehi? I feel like the answer is the latter...

I personally think I'd take Edwards, Price (who I think will see his stock rise to the appropriate point over the course of the off season) or McGlinchey over Williams.

Yes, McGlinchey is a safer pick and is already being projected to be a "solid starting LT that won't ever make a pro bowl" but I feel like that would be a nice improvement compared to what we have no and what Williams has a pretty good chance of ending up as in this league. You always want to go with the splashy player, but sometimes your team needs good, solid players.

As the off season goes on, one name to look for is Kolton Miller, who could end up raising his stock at the combine due his natural gifts. So maybe he enters the conversation soon?

I also know many people are intrigued by the idea of Derwin James to give us a playmaking safety that we haven't really had since (to a lesser extent) Reggie Nelson (and our defense has suffered a bit since he left).

So, given this "unbiased" mock draft, what would you do? There are certainly a lot of intriguing players available at #12.
Reply/Quote
I didn't mean to put this in Jungle Noise. Can a mod move it to the draft section?
Reply/Quote
Derwin James S Florida State

Will Hernandez OG UTEP
Billy Price C OSU

I would be happy with any one of these four remaining prospects.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I would take Mike McGlinchey over Connor Williams.

The comparison to Ogbuehi has some merit, i think Connor will be much better but still.

This depends on FA but i think McGlinchey still should be the pick. He is not as heavy footed as Connor Williams and plays much more physical.

Also agree with Bengalhawk, i would be happy with Price or Hernandez as well even if Price seems to be a little overrated right now.

My personal favorite Center is Frank Ragnow C Arkansas.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 03:56 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Derwin James S Florida State

Will Hernandez OG UTEP
Billy Price C OSU

I would be happy with any one of these four remaining prospects.

DJ, all day everyday, for Cincy.

I will be very surprised if Barkley isn't drafted with the first pick. Browns can still get their QB a couple of picks later.
Reply/Quote
Tremain edmunds easily. Derwin and vita vea would get a quick look but to grab one of the top 5 players in draft at 12 would be amazing.
Reply/Quote
As much as I want Nelson here the pick imo has to be Orlando brown. Not a fan of doing another ogbuehi in Connor Williams I don't wanna touch that. I feel brown can come in immediately and play either tackle spot.
ORLANDO BROWN PLEASE (or Edmonds)
Don't see the need over value with DJames. I'm fine with Shawn Williams and iloka wayyy more than I'm fine wth ogbuehi and fisher and Winston lol
ORLANDO BROWN PLEASE (or Edmonds)
Sign Gerald Hodges's and Zachary Fulton. I'm happy.
Reply/Quote
I'd go Price, Payne, Edmunds(I want to see more), and not mentioned, Wynn.

imo, Wynn really opens up the draft if you take him 1st
Reply/Quote
It depends on how much Pollack thinks that he can improve Ogbuehi or if he thinks that he needs another tackle that high, but I'd go Derwin James because he can play near the line like a backer but can also rush the passer and make plays in the secondary, which it's becoming more of a passing league, so give me the guy that helps more in pass defense but also helps against the run.
Reply/Quote
Denzel Ward. It's about time we draft another corner that won't play for a year or two. Not like we have any gaping holes on the roster or anything. Corner time! Can't have too many good corners! He's the best corner I've ever coached! LMFAO.
Reply/Quote
I don't know how it's going to shake out, but this may be one of those years that the Bengals need to reach for need rather than take the best player available. IMO the biggest need is the Oline at the center position.
Reply/Quote
A Kicker first round and if he isn't there you take a Defensive Back.

On a serious note, you take the best player available and pray its a Center then build the O Line.
Reply/Quote
Alot of really good talent there. Damn, it's a tough decision. Do we reach for an Olineman? Somebody who might not be high on our board but fills a huge need? Price? Hernandez? McGlinchey? I'd be ok with any of those three, I guess, but sitting there and looking at James, Vea, and Edmunds? I don't know, man. If Roquan's gone, I think Turmane Edmunds would be a pretty damn good piece to put next to Burfict. And I'm still not ruling out Vita Vea. Vea and James are All-Pro kinds of players. I think those two would be on top of my board. I wonder what Austin thinks of them. It could end up being his call on that one.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Edmunds. Very high ceiling, fills a need, and would help against the run.

McGlinchey or Payne would be my next favorite prospects out of the remaining ones.

If none of the three, I wouldn't hate a trade down if they loaded up on o-line picks in the early rounds. 
Reply/Quote
McGlinchey is the pretty obvious choice - plays at a massive need position, high quality prospect out of a good program and even better a program that runs a pro style offense. I would then commit to taking the top rated Center on the board in the second round.

Time to rebuild the offensive line and start to actually act on the truth that winning football teams are built from the lines out.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 04:58 AM)Joelist Wrote: McGlinchey is the pretty obvious choice - plays at a massive need position, high quality prospect out of a good program and even better a program that runs a pro style offense. I would then commit to taking the top rated Center on the board in the second round.

Time to rebuild the offensive line and start to actually act on the truth that winning football teams are built from the lines out.

I completely agree. When I look at the team's glaring issues, it all comes down to the Oline and, to a somewhat equivalent extent (at least in terms of grades for each individual player), the Linebacker corp.

As far as I am concerned, we should be looking at 4 positions in the first round: LB (outside or middle, doesn't really matter), OT, OG and C.

OG may be a bit of a luxury pick because we do have some promising players there, in addition to Boling. Plus, as we all saw last off season, even if we draft an OG with a first round pick and they pan out to be one of the best guards in the league, our front office still has no intention of signing them....

But OT and C are the two priorities on offense. I am keeping an eye on Price because, right now, he is considered a top 20 selection in a lot of places. I imagine with a good off season, he will rise up to right around our spot in the draft. If people are uncomfortable with the first round OTs for whatever reason (McGlinchey for lack of potential, Williams for injuries, Brown for size and agility, Wynn for size and positional value, Miller for....something), I think Price would be a safe selection that would immediately improve our biggest weakness. Then we can grab a tackle in the 2nd round.
Reply/Quote
Edmunds, James or McGlinchey. I really dislike Connor Williams. The Bengals can't afford to draft more players with serious injury histories in the first round.

TBH (I've said this before on here) I don't like any of the top three tackles. I think the Bengals are better off waiting until the second round for one of them. If they draft difference maker in Edmunds, James or even Vea in the first round plus a tackle in the second and then ragnow in the third......it will completely change our team.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 12:36 PM)MentalRage Wrote: Edmunds, James or McGlinchey. I really dislike Connor Williams. The Bengals can't afford to draft more players with serious injury histories in the first round.

TBH (I've said this before on here) I don't like any of the top three tackles. I think the Bengals are better off waiting until the second round for one of them. If they draft difference maker in Edmunds, James or even Vea in the first round plus a tackle in the second and then ragnow in the third......it will completely change our team.

Pretty much the way I am seeing it.
1) Smith or Edmunds  -  Immediate impact players
2) Rankins or Jamarco Jones - Position of need
3) Center from Alabama, can't think of his name at the moment  -  Another position of need
Reply/Quote
Edmunds
Vea
Price.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 04:58 AM)Joelist Wrote: McGlinchey is the pretty obvious choice - plays at a massive need position, high quality prospect out of a good program and even better a program that runs a pro style offense. I would then commit to taking the top rated Center on the board in the second round.

Completely agree here, I think McGlinchey is the pick and the safest choice at position of need. We dont need a low character questioned guy, an oft injured guy with a high ceiling. I dont want to hear any of that. Take McClinchey if Nelson is off the table, and then the next best interrior guy in the 2nd or trade back up in the 1st to get Price or Hernandez. I think the Bengals need two starting Olineman from this draft, and I think those players would do it.
Reply/Quote