Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who would you take in this mock draft?
Vita Vea

then attack O-line in next several rounds.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
At this point - Billy Price and I don't even think twice about it.

I'm not sold on any of the top tackles and I can't imagine going another 4 years with horseshit center play. Adding Price would by far make the biggest impact of any player we could add at this point in the draft. Shores up a longstanding weakness and should immediately upgrade the running and passing game.
Reply/Quote
Conner Williams - I don't think he'll be the next Ogbuehi - he's smarter, bigger, stronger and more aggressive.   I think he had a couple of bad years related to his injury.

Then,

Brown - Huge right tackle with a good ceiling.
McGlincey - Same as Brown - just not quite as big and strong
Vea - I hear mixed things about him, but I drool over the good
Evans - I hate that Smith is gone, but I would not be disappointed in Rashaad Evans.  A good ILB who hits like a tank. 
Ward - He's fast, quick and violent.  And you can never have enough...
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2018, 03:27 PM)3wt Wrote: Conner Williams - I don't think he'll be the next Ogbuehi - he's smarter, bigger, stronger and more aggressive.   I think he had a couple of bad years related to his injury.

Then,

Brown - Huge right tackle with a good ceiling.
McGlincey - Same as Brown - just not quite as big and strong
Vea - I hear mixed things about him, but I drool over the good
Evans - I hate that Smith is gone, but I would not be disappointed in Rashaad Evans.  A good ILB who hits like a tank. 
Ward - He's fast, quick and violent.  And you can never have enough...

Which is a major concern if he can't keep healthy.  I'm not so sure about his injury.  I watched the Maryland game and he was trash.  None of these guys are surefire top 10 picks.  

There's no reason to gamble on a guy at 12 when there are much better prospects that will be around.  
Reply/Quote
My nod went to McGlinchey because he is a natural left tackle starting three seasons in a pro styled offense and excelling. He grades out high in both run and pass blocking and was noted for intelligence among other things.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2018, 01:59 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: At this point - Billy Price and I don't even think twice about it.

I'm not sold on any of the top tackles and I can't imagine going another 4 years with horseshit center play.  Adding Price would by far make the biggest impact of any player we could add at this point in the draft.  Shores up a longstanding weakness and should immediately upgrade the running and passing game.

Agreed. Price would not be a "glamorous" pick, but one that would make sense, at least to me.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 04:58 AM)Joelist Wrote: McGlinchey is the pretty obvious choice - plays at a massive need position, high quality prospect out of a good program and even better a program that runs a pro style offense. I would then commit to taking the top rated Center on the board in the second round.

Time to rebuild the offensive line and start to actually act on the truth that winning football teams are built from the lines out.

sounds like a good plan....my slight change would be in rd 2 take the best OC or OG on the board....
b/c there may be a higher ranked OG there.....like hopefully Hernandez...
if so rd #3-4-5 pick the OC , LB & S...
Reply/Quote
Will Hernandez may fall to the 2nd..id take Orlando Brown or Williams in the 1st and Hernandez in the 2nd.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 09:17 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: DJ, all day everyday, for Cincy.

I will be very surprised if Barkley isn't drafted with the first pick. Browns can still get their QB a couple of picks later.

I agree 100%....for the Browns at #1
i'd take Barkley ......
he's a true beast.....an offensive monster.....
take a QB w/ the 4th pick....

but I would pick McGlinchey at 12 for the Bengals....not DJ
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 04:58 AM)Joelist Wrote: McGlinchey is the pretty obvious choice - plays at a massive need position, high quality prospect out of a good program and even better a program that runs a pro style offense. I would then commit to taking the top rated Center on the board in the second round.

Time to rebuild the offensive line and start to actually act on the truth that winning football teams are built from the lines out.

(02-13-2018, 10:05 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I completely agree. When I look at the team's glaring issues, it all comes down to the Oline and, to a somewhat equivalent extent (at least in terms of grades for each individual player), the Linebacker corp.

As far as I am concerned, we should be looking at 4 positions in the first round: LB (outside or middle, doesn't really matter), OT, OG and C.

OG may be a bit of a luxury pick because we do have some promising players there, in addition to Boling. Plus, as we all saw last off season, even if we draft an OG with a first round pick and they pan out to be one of the best guards in the league, our front office still has no intention of signing them....

But OT and C are the two priorities on offense. I am keeping an eye on Price because, right now, he is considered a top 20 selection in a lot of places. I imagine with a good off season, he will rise up to right around our spot in the draft. If people are uncomfortable with the first round OTs for whatever reason (McGlinchey for lack of potential, Williams for injuries, Brown for size and agility, Wynn for size and positional value, Miller for....something), I think Price would be a safe selection that would immediately improve our biggest weakness. Then we can grab a tackle in the 2nd round.

(02-14-2018, 12:16 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: Completely agree here, I think McGlinchey is the pick and the safest choice at position of need. We dont need a low character questioned guy, an oft injured guy with a high ceiling. I dont want to hear any of that. Take McClinchey if Nelson is off the table, and then the next best interrior guy in the 2nd or trade back up in the 1st to get Price or Hernandez. I think the Bengals need two starting Olineman from this draft, and I think those players would do it.

Same page i am on. I know Edmunds would be very tempting here but McGlinchey would immediately upgrade our worst
position at LT and from what i hear could also play RT if we needed him to. If we get a player like Nate Solder we should
go Edmunds if this is the way things shake out and go Center next.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2018, 01:59 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: At this point - Billy Price and I don't even think twice about it.

I'm not sold on any of the top tackles and I can't imagine going another 4 years with horseshit center play.  Adding Price would by far make the biggest impact of any player we could add at this point in the draft.  Shores up a longstanding weakness and should immediately upgrade the running and passing game.

Would be fine with this even if top Centers tend to last longer than most positions and Price can play Guard too.

I like all the top 3 Centers for us though. Center in the 2nd is most likely, i doubt we go Center in the first at 12 the way
MB doesn't value Centers. Would love to be wrong though and we grab one of Price, Ragnow or Daniels.

Finally putting stock in this position would be a major statement in a great way.
Reply/Quote
Personally, I like Hernandez as a guard more than I like McGlinchey as a tackle. So I would go with that and then got tackle in the 2nd or 3rd round. Such as Kappa, O'Niell, or Harrison.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2018, 06:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would be fine with this even if top Centers tend to last longer than most positions and Price can play Guard too.

I like all the top 3 Centers for us though. Center in the 2nd is most likely, i doubt we go Center in the first at 12 the way
MB doesn't value Centers. Would love to be wrong though and we grab one of Price, Ragnow or Daniels.

Finally putting stock in this position would be a major statement in a great way.

I think this may be the year where you see 2 Centers go in the first round.

If Price goes in the top 18, Buffalo could easily take Daniels with one of their 2 first rounders.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2018, 08:08 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I think this may be the year where you see 2 Centers go in the first round.

If Price goes in the top 18, Buffalo could easily take Daniels with one of their 2 first rounders.

Then lets grab one! :andy:
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2018, 09:59 AM)Steve Wrote: I agree 100%....for the Browns at #1
i'd take Barkley ......
he's a true beast.....an offensive monster.....
take a QB w/ the 4th pick....

but I would pick McGlinchey at 12 for the Bengals....not DJ

I love DJ, and I think he is a game changer. That said, I'm beginning to lean towards Brown,McGlinchey, or Wynn. Maybe Ced can play Guard?
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2018, 03:04 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I love DJ, and I think he is a game changer. That said, I'm beginning to lean towards Brown,McGlinchey, or Wynn. Maybe Ced can play Guard?

they may try to slide Ced to OG b/c as we've seen he just can't handle the LT spot.....gets beat too much.....seems too weak....gets pushed back.....
so there's one OT spot that has to be filled.....
i'd say that should be done at 12.....
it's that important....
than maybe take another OT in rds 2 or 3 that can hopefully handle the RT spot.....if need be...
Reply/Quote
McGlinchey all day. And we still need a center.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2018, 09:49 PM)Steve Wrote: they may try to slide Ced to OG b/c as we've seen he just can't handle the LT spot.....gets beat too much.....seems too weak....gets pushed back.....
so there's one OT spot that has to be filled.....
i'd say that should be done at 12.....
it's that important....
than maybe take another OT in rds 2 or 3 that can hopefully handle the RT spot.....if need be...

The only way Ced can play guard is if he guarding the gatorade bucket. Seriously I think this guy would get his ass kicked at OG all game long. No thanks!
Reply/Quote
Give me Williams or mcglinchey, actually I think our real pick will be Orlando brown.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2018, 02:14 PM)sandwedge Wrote: The only way Ced can play guard is if he guarding the gatorade bucket. Seriously I think this guy would get his ass kicked at OG all game long. No thanks!

No doubt, the only position Og really fits is LT with the way he is built, he is too tall and lanky to play Guard.

Just like Fisher is too tall and lanky to play Center.

(02-23-2018, 12:36 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Give me Williams or mcglinchey, actually I think our real pick will be Orlando brown.

I sure hope not, i see Orlando Brown being the OT bust of this draft. Gets too high in his stance and doesn't have power
in the run game and has poor balance. I want McGlinchey, Crosby, Okorafor, Williams or Cappa before this guy.
Reply/Quote