Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WhoDeyK Mock
Round 1 - Tyler Linderbaum C Iowa
[Image: tyler-linderbaum.jpg]
Don't over think it. When the season ended, I believed he was the best interior lineman since Quinton Nelson and that has not changed. I would run to the podium to select him at 31 if he's available. Move Kerras to his better position of LG and complete the O line transformation. 

Round 2 - Cam Taylor Britt CB 
[Image: lo7magpdpcm55v5pibpu.jpg]
If I had to describe Cam Taylor Britt in one word it would be physical! In all honesty, I didn't know much about this guy until I saw many on these boards talking him up. But after watching the film, wow. He is all out all the time. Very impressed and would be a great selection at the end of the 2nd round. 

Round 3 - Jeremy Ruckert TE Ohio State
[Image: 918b283f-619a-4cd8-847c-625c16e92e2d-OSU19B10_ac_31.JPG]
While Ruckert was underutilized in a loaded Ohio State offense I believe he projects to be a better Pro than College player. Ruckert posses a great combination of blocking and receiving skills that the Bengals covet. Burrow really enjoys targeting the Tight End and I believe Ruckert could become his safety valve over the middle of the field. I see him eventually become the starting TE after Hursts 1 year contract.

Round 4 - Coby Bryant CB Cincinnati 
[Image: d8d9baf2-2448-4fa6-97bb-8f7b9c1ae552-110...TS_110.jpg]
The Bengals should run to the podium if the Jim Thorpe Award winner is still on the board. Coby Bryant is battle tested. The Bengals took 3 defensive lineman last year so this year their focus switches to the secondary. Playing opposite of Sauce, Coby was targeted often and he answered the challenge. In a passing league you can never have enough good corners and will the selections of Britt and Bryant the position is set for years to come. 

Round 5 - Jerome Ford RB Cincinnati 
[Image: AVE33IYT25DJBKNINSNXW2J26Q.jpg]
Back to Back Bearcats. I personally would not draft a RB higher than the 5th round and honestly don't think we necessarily need one at all. However with the continued devaluation of the position if we reach the later rounds and a talented back is there for the picking I would happily upgrade Perine. Ford would offer a lot as Mixons primary backup.

Round 6 - Matt Araiza P San Diego State
[Image: ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brig...a.punt.jpg]
We struck gold last year with McPherson. Lets do it again. Hubers status is up in the air and Araiza is on another level. Lets make Simmons job easy with McPherson and Araiza for the next decade.

Round 7 - Jaivon Heiligh WR Costal Carolina
[Image: Jaivon_Heiligh_at_Kansas_3_9_7_19_CCU_Media.jpg]
I think the Bengals will look to add a WR on day 3. Heiligh is a possession receiver who gives me some Houshmanzadeh vibes. I would be more than happy to select him if he's available in the 7th round.

Round 7 - Joey Blount S Virginia
[Image: JB11.jpg]
With Bates and Bell being free agents after this season and only Brandon Wilson behind them, its a given that the Bengals will select a Safety at some point in the draft. However many want an early round pick spent on the position and I don't see that happening this year. The Bengals used a Top 30 visit on Blount who has been very underrated throughout the draft process. Blount offers many traits worth taking a flyer on this late in the draft.

Obviously, this draft is missing a DT. I did not add one because I hate this 3 tech class. In this scenario, we would sign someone to rotate with Hill, possibly Larry O, as well as add some college free agents to compete for that spot. And then hopefully address the need early in next years draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 08:33 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: Round 2 - Cam Taylor Britt CB 
[Image: lo7magpdpcm55v5pibpu.jpg]
If I had to describe Cam Taylor Britt in one word it would be physical! In all honesty, I didn't know much about this guy until I saw many on these boards talking him up. But after watching the film, wow. He is all out all the time. Very impressed and would be a great selection at the end of the 2nd round. 
Sold. Let's lock it up. Also, of you get a chance, look up the video NFL Network made for him on Twitter (at least I think it was NFL Network, he retweeted it regardless). Special player AND person. I think Kyle Brandt has a little man crush on him as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dude this is as solid as it gets. I would be pumped for Linderbaum and the rest of this draft.

Now to be a dream killer. No way in hell we take OL at 31, and if we do, I will eat crow and enjoy the shit out of it.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 09:46 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: Sold. Let's lock it up. Also, of you get a chance, look up the video NFL Network made for him on Twitter (at least I think it was NFL Network, he retweeted it regardless). Special player AND person. I think Kyle Brandt has a little man crush on him as well.

Seen a lot of Nebraska games this year (since I live in Nebraska) and I don't he's a must have by any stretch.  He definitely wouldn't be my pick in round 2, but round 3 I would be on board with it.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 08:33 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Seen a lot of Nebraska games this year (since I live in Nebraska) and I don't he's a must have by any stretch.  He definitely wouldn't be my pick in round 2, but round 3 I would be on board with it.

I'll take your word on it as I've only been following him for the past few months. Im not saying he's THE top prospect but he's the prospect I've enjoyed following the most this draft season. 

CB was a big need for us and I did want a CB in round 1 (my first mock had Elam) but the more I researched players, the more I wanted a player like CTB. He wasn't afraid to stick his neck out in support (a big facet for us), a good tackler and still was quite a capable zone corner. To fill our needs at 3T with one of the best in this draft, a quality round 2 CB would be required, hence my unwieldy support for CTB. His ability to flip to S was just a massive bonus.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 11:44 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I'll take your word on it as I've only been following him for the past few months. Im not saying he's THE top prospect but he's the prospect I've enjoyed following the most this draft season. 

CB was a big need for us and I did want a CB in round 1 (my first mock had Elam) but the more I researched players, the more I wanted a player like CTB. He wasn't afraid to stick his neck out in support (a big facet for us), a good tackler and still was quite a capable zone corner. To fill our needs at 3T with one of the best in this draft, a quality round 2 CB would be required, hence my unwieldy support for CTB. His ability to flip to S was just a massive bonus.

Now don't get me wrong, I keep forgetting that our 2nd is basically a 3rd in this draft.  That may very well be where his value is.  

He'd be a great addition,
Reply/Quote