Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Whoopi displays TDS in effort to deny TDS
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/ct-whoopi-judge-jeanine-the-view-20180720-story.html

Quote:Pirro, answering a question about President Donald Trump's commitment to conservative ideology, ticked off accomplishments for which she credited the president, such as lower unemployment among African Americans. Co-host Meghan McCain chimed in to make a statement about his popularity among Republicans, but just as she was finishing, Goldberg interjected, saying she had a question.

That's when Pirro appeared to mutter something about people having "Trump Derangement Syndrome," a term popular particularly on Fox for Americans outspoken in their criticism of Trump.

"Did you just point at me?" Goldberg asked.

"Yes," Pirro confirmed.

And then they were off.

To her credit she did admit that TDS got the better of her and apologized for losing her cool.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-20-2018, 03:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/ct-whoopi-judge-jeanine-the-view-20180720-story.html

To her credit she did admit that TDS got the better of her and apologized for losing her cool.

I find that thread to be Dinoesque. Also, the site doesn't open in Europe, which is a scandal.
(07-20-2018, 03:22 PM)hollodero Wrote: I find that thread to be Dinoesque. Also, the site doesn't open in Europe, which is a scandal.

That cuts deep.

WTS, I found this quote to be hilarious:

"Goldberg apologized for losing her cool when the show came back, sans Pirro. But "I don't like being accused of being hysterical," she said."

AKA: Sorry for getting hysterical, but I don't like being accused of being hysterical"

(07-20-2018, 03:22 PM)hollodero Wrote: I find that thread to be Dinoesque. Also, the site doesn't open in Europe, which is a scandal.

Be glad. The View is awful for reasons beyond bfine doesn't like the politics of a couple of the hosts.

Long story short: Host wants to ask a question.  Guest accuses host of TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) immediately after displaying the real TDS (Trump Delusional Syndrome, defending Trump no matter what he says or does and ascribing all good things to him).  A shouting match ensues.

One person apologizes.  The other never claims to have but did go on ANOTHER show to play her Republican Victim Card and make claims against the host where she couldn't respond.

Long story:

Quote:Whoopi vs. Judge Jeanine: "Trump Derangement Syndrome" comment sparks yelling match on The View

"The View" co-host Whoopi Goldberg and Fox News host Jeanine Pirro got snarled in a yelling match on live television Thursday on an episode of "The View," after Pirro appeared to suggest Goldberg suffered from " Trump Derangement Syndrome."

Pirro, a former judge and prosecutor who hosts "Justice with Judge Jeanine," appeared as a guest on the daytime talk show in part to discuss her new book, "Liars, Leakers, and Liberals: The Case Against the Anti-Trump Conspiracy." But the discussion about Pirro's book soon went awry.

Pirro, answering a question about President Donald Trump's commitment to conservative ideology, ticked off accomplishments for which she credited the president, such as lower unemployment among African Americans. Co-host Meghan McCain chimed in to make a statement about his popularity among Republicans, but just as she was finishing,
Goldberg interjected, saying she had a question.

That's when Pirro appeared to mutter something about people having "Trump Derangement Syndrome," a term popular particularly on Fox for Americans outspoken in their criticism of Trump.

"Did you just point at me?" Goldberg asked.

"Yes," Pirro confirmed.

And then they were off.

"Listen, I don't have 'Trump Derangement' - let me tell you what I have," Goldberg said. "I'm tired of people starting a conversation with 'Mexicans are liars and rapists.'

"Listen, I'm 62 years old," Goldberg continued. "There have been a lot of people in office that I didn't agree with, but I have never, ever seen anything like this. I've never seen anybody whip up such hate. I've never seen anybody be so dismissive. And clearly you don't watch the show, so you don't know that I don't suffer from that. What I suffer from is the inability to figure out how to fix this."

Goldberg tried to get back to discussing Pirro's book, with a question about how the "deep state" really works. But that did not help things.

"I want to answer your question - because you had in your opening statement, which was how horrible it is that Donald Trump is talking about all of these people. You know what's horrible?" Pirro asked, causing both of them to attempt to yell over one another.

"Whoopi, you know what's horrible?" Pirro persisted. "When people who shouldn't be here end up murdering the children of American citizens."

"You know what's horrible?" Goldberg responded. "When the president of the United States whips up people to beat the hell out of people. Say goodbye! I'm done."

Cut to commercial.

Goldberg apologized for losing her cool when the show came back, sans Pirro. But "I don't like being accused of being hysterical," she said.

Pirro told Sean Hannity on his show that the fight with Goldberg continued backstage. She claims she attempted to tell Goldberg that she "fought for victims all my life" as a former judge and prosecutor, but that in response Goldberg used the F-word at her and told her to get out of the building. Goldberg could not be reached for comment.

"I just felt like today was a microcosm of what is happening in America as the left suffers from this Trump derangement Syndrome, shuts the right down, doesn't allow you to talk," she told Hannity.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Thanks. I came to know Whoopi Goldberg as a really strange person with very questionable views. From what I read now, I'm basically with her though. Also, Judge Jeanine is a really strange person as well. Where do you breed those.

(07-20-2018, 03:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: "Goldberg apologized for losing her cool when the show came back, sans Pirro. But "I don't like being accused of being hysterical," she said."

AKA: Sorry for getting hysterical, but I don't like being accused of being hysterical"

Yeah, the same thought crossed my mind also when reading that.
Actually I think Pirro was the one who exhibited the textbook use of "TDS"

Here is what happened

Pirro, answering a question about President Donald Trump's commitment to conservative ideology, ticked off accomplishments for which she credited the president, such as lower unemployment among African Americans. Co-host Meghan McCain chimed in to make a statement about his popularity among Republicans, but just as she was finishing,

That's when Pirro appeared to mutter something about people having "Trump Derangement Syndrome,"
a term popular particularly on Fox for Americans outspoken in their criticism of Trump.

Here is what Hannity complained about happening

"I just felt like today was a microcosm of what is happening in America as the left suffers from this Trump derangement Syndrome, shuts the right down, doesn't allow you to talk," she told Hannity.

So even though it was Pirro who brought up TDS to silence Goldberg Hannity acted like it was the left using the term to shut down the right.  No need for facts or truth in the Fox News echo chamber.
(07-20-2018, 03:38 PM)hollodero Wrote: Thanks. I came to know Whoopi Goldberg as a really strange person with very questionable views. From what I read now, I'm basically with her though. Also, Judge Jeanine is a really strange person as well. Where do you breed those.

Yeah, the same thought crossed my mind also when reading that.

Eh, when someone says something provocative about you (that isn't true) I can see responding strongly.  Clearly the "judge" was hysterical also.  Sadly for her she had to wait an hour or so to go on another program and complain and then wait EVEN LONGER for her own show where she will probably use it to boost her own ratings by talking about the "unhinged left".
(07-20-2018, 03:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So even though it was Pirro who brought up TDS to silence Goldberg Hannity acted like it was the left using the term to shut down the right.  No need for facts or truth in the Fox News echo chamber/

Yeah that I find the stupidest thing of all. Equating Whoopi Goldberg with "the left" that is. Have you guys voted Whoopi your leader and spokesperson recently? How did Kathy Griffin take her demotion.

(07-20-2018, 03:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: Eh, when someone says something provocative about you (that isn't true) I can see responding strongly.  Clearly the "judge" was hysterical also.  Sadly for her she had to wait an hour or so to go on another program and complain and then wait EVEN LONGER for her own show where she will probably use it to boost her own ratings by talking about the "unhinged left".

As I said I side with Whoopi overall. This one line still made me smile.
(07-20-2018, 03:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually I think Pirro was the one who exhibited the textbook use of "TDS"

Here is what happened

Here is what Hannity complained about happening

So even though it was Pirro who brought up TDS to silence Goldberg Hannity acted like it was the left using the term to shut down the right.  No need for facts or truth in the Fox News echo chamber/

Of course you do; unfortunately for you. the facts are right there in word and video.

The Judge was an invited guest promoting her book, was talking to another host, and Whoopi lost her shit.

As to Hannity: I but zero stock in anything he says, but that puts me in the minority here.

(07-20-2018, 03:47 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah that I find the stupidest thing of all. Equating Whoopi Goldberg with "the left" that is. Have you guys voted Whoopi your leader and spokesperson recently? How did Kathy Griffin take her demotion.

As I said I side with Whoopi overall. This one line still made me smile.

I mean who can you help but side with:

One interned at a DA's office in High School, has a Juris Doctor from Albany Law School, was a Judge and District Attorney for the 2nd most populace country in the main land of the state of NY, and was Chair of the New York State Commission on Domestic Violence Fatalities.

The other played in Sister Act 2.

(07-20-2018, 03:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I mean who can you help but side with:

One interned at a DA's office in High School, has a Juris Doctor from Albany Law School, was a Judge and District Attorney for the 2nd most populace country in the main land of the state of NY, and was Chair of the New York State Commission on Domestic Violence Fatalities.

I rally don't know where you're going with this.

If I need legal advice, I chose Judge Jeanine.

On anything else, her record doesn't tell me much. And then I feel free to side with the person who I think makes the fairer points.
(07-20-2018, 03:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course you do; unfortunately for you. the facts are right there in word and video.

The Judge was an invited guest promoting her book, was talking to another host, and Whoopi lost her shit. 

She only lost her shit after being accused of having TDS.  She was fine up until then.

Whoopi did not lose her shit over Trump.  She lost her shit over being insulted by Pirro.  Pirro was the one who brought up TDS to silence any opposition from the left.  It is what the echo chamber teaches them to do.  Don't address the facts.  Instead accuse anyone who disagrees with trump of having a mental disorder.  I see Trump fans do it all the time.
(07-20-2018, 04:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: She only lost her shit after being accused of having TDS.  She was fine up until then.

Whoopi did not lose her shit over Trump.  She lost her shit over being insulted by Pirro.  Pirro was the one who brought up TDS to silence any opposition from the left.  It is what the echo chamber teaches them to do.  Don't address the facts.  Instead accuse anyone who disagrees with trump of having a mental disorder.  I see Trump fans do it all the time.

As I said the transcript and Video is right there for folks to read and observe. The determine who came unhinged (a TDS symptom).

Did you enjoy Whoopi's apology of apologizing for getting hysterical because she doesn't like being accused of being hysterical?

(07-20-2018, 04:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I said the transcript and Video is right there for folks to read and observe. The determine who came unhinged (a TDS symptom).

Yes.  It is clear to see that Goldberg is not displaying any signs of derangement when attempting to ask a question about Trump.  She does not become upset until she is insulted by Pirro.  If she is not upset over Trump then it is not TDS.

Pirro insulted her to try and shut down any questions about Trump policies.  It is the most common tactic being taught in the message chamber.  In fact it is becoming popular around here.  I have seen multiple posts where there is no mention of the actual Trump policy or statement being criticized but instead just accusations of "TDS".
(07-20-2018, 04:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Did you enjoy Whoopi's apology of apologizing for getting hysterical because she doesn't like being accused of being hysterical?

Yes I did.

You do realize that Goldberg was NOT acting hysterical when Pirro accused her of being deranged, correct?  If you don't get that point then you don't understand the apology.
(07-20-2018, 03:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I mean who can you help but side with:

She was often praised for her take on domestic abuse.

Sadly all that praise made her crave the media attention and this is what we ended up with.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanine_Pirro#Westchester_County_law_career

Quote:Many people praised Pirro for her passion as Domestic Violence Bureau Chief, but she attracted increasing criticism from colleagues due to her attention-grabbing behavior and violations of tradition. On multiple occasions, Chief District Attorney Vergari spoke to Pirro concerning her violation of office policy. She had issued press releases with her own name—and not Vergari's—on top. The relationship between Pirro and Vergari disintegrated in the late 1980s, after Pirro claimed sole responsibility for the establishment of the Domestic Violence and Child Abuse Bureau.[8]

On June 1, 1990, just five months prior to Pirro's first appearance on the ballot for County Court Judge, she attracted widespread attention and some criticism for rushing to conduct a bedside arraignment of Maria Amaya at the Intensive Care Unit of United Hospital in Port Chester. Amaya had been charged with four counts of second-degree murder for the deaths of her four children. She was a 36-year-old immigrant from El Salvador who had a history of being hospitalized for mental issues. Amaya had killed the four children and attempted suicide after believing that they were being corrupted by drugs and sex.[3]

Vergari had served as district attorney for Pirro's entire tenure as an assistant district attorney and her time on the bench. In 1999, he critiqued Pirro as "bright and capable" and someone who "plays hardball seeking publicity" but is also "very self-centered in everything she does".[3]

During a 1986 abortive campaign for lieutenant governor, Pirro claimed to have never lost a case in "about 50 trials". This number was disputed when presented in 2005 to colleagues, who said that the real number of trials personally handled by Pirro "wasn't more than 10".
Pirro's then-spokesman, Anne Marie Corbalis, contended only that Pirro had a "100% felony conviction rate" as an Assistant District Attorney.[8]

Court Judge[edit]
Pirro left the District Attorney's office after her November 1990 election as a judge of the Westchester County Court. She had successfully run on the Republican and Conservative party lines against Democratic nominee and New Castle Town Justice Lawrence D. Lenihan and Right to Life Party nominee August C. Nimphius, Jr.[9] When she was sworn in on January 1, 1991, Pirro became Westchester County's first female judge.

District Attorney[edit]
In November 1993, Pirro was elected Westchester County District Attorney; she was the first woman to hold that position. She was re-elected in 1997 and 2001. On May 23, 2005, Pirro announced that she would not seek re-election to a fourth term as Westchester County District Attorney.[10]

On December 31, 1993—within hours of Pirro's midnight inauguration as District Attorney—Scripps newspaper heiress Anne Scripps Douglas was savagely bludgeoned in the head with a skull hammer by her estranged husband, Scott Douglas, as she slept in their Bronxville home. By the time police arrived, Scott Douglas had fled the scene, and Anne Scripps Douglas died in the hospital on January 6. Douglas subsequently committed suicide by jumping off the Tappan Zee Bridge. Pirro, already known as a passionate prosecutor of domestic violence cases, was a frequent presence in the media during the period between the murder and when Scott Douglas's body washed ashore in Riverdale in early March 1994. This increase in Pirro's national profile led to her surfacing as a frequent guest on network and cable television news in June 1994, when O.J. Simpson was arrested for the murder of his ex-wife, appearing frequently as a talking head for NightlineLarry King Live, and Geraldo.[8][11]

Within months of taking office, Pirro undertook a costly renovation to the district attorney's facilities and expanded to an additional floor of the county courthouse. The largest expenses were a new kitchenette and a media room, costing $20,000, to assist Pirro's growing profile; additional expenditures were made to remodel her personal office with mahogany.[12]

Pirro was the first female president of the New York State District Attorneys Association. Also while district attorney, she was appointed by then Governor George Pataki to chair the New York State Commission on Domestic Violence Fatality Review Board. Its report and recommendations resulted in legislation passing that enhanced protections of, and safeguards for, the victims of domestic abuse.[13]

During her tenure as district attorney, she repeatedly refused to reopen the murder case of Jeffrey Deskovic.[14] In 1990, Deskovic was falsely convicted of killing a 15-year-old girl and spent 16 years in prison before he was exonerated by DNA evidence.

Statewide political career[edit]

1986 Lieutenant Gubernatorial candidacy[edit]
On May 26, 1986, Pirro, then an assistant district attorney, was announced as the running mate of Westchester County Executive and presumptive Republican gubernatorial nominee Andrew O'Rourke at a press conference in Manhattan's Roosevelt Hotel. Pirro was selected by O'Rourke and New York State Republican Committee Chairman Anthony J. Colavita after nearly a dozen individuals declined the position, including Erie County Executive Ed RutkowskiHempstead Presiding Supervisor Thomas Gulotta, and the Executives of Broome and Oneida Counties. Colavita, who said at the press conference that he "had so many say 'no' to me (during the lieutenant governor search), it doesn't hurt anymore", pointed to Pirro's prosecutorial experience, ability to effectively use crime as an issue, Italian married name, youth, and status as a woman when asked about her strengths as a candidate.[15]

Pirro's selection frustrated many New York Republicans, with Assembly Minority Leader Clarence D. Rappleyea Jr. traveling on May 27 from Albany to the first night of the State Republican Committee's Nominating Convention in Syracuse, to tell O'Rourke and Cloavita that his conference was concerned by Pirro's lack of political experience or statewide stature. Many Republicans also worried that if Pirro were nominated, their ticket would be too geographically dominated by downstate and the suburbs, with O'Rourke, like Pirro, being from Westchester, and the presumptive nominees for attorney general, Peter King and United States Senate, Alfonse D'Amato both hailing from Nassau County.[16]

On May 28, just one day prior to the scheduled vote for the lieutenant gubernatorial nomination at the state party convention in Syracuse, Pirro announced her withdrawal from the race, saying that her husband could not disclose his legal clients or the couple's business interests (later revealed to have been her husband's partial ownership of a Connecticut carting company with alleged mafia connections),[17] and that many of his clients did business with the state, which would make it "virtually impossible" for her to serve as Lieutenant Governor. Pirro had privately informed O'Rourke and Cloavita of her decision during the evening of May 27, and the two were generally supportive, telling the press that her departure had nothing to do with Rappleyea's intervention. Pirro was replaced just six hours after her announcement by Michael Kavanagh, the District Attorney of Ulster County.[16]

2006 U.S. Senate campaign[edit]
On August 10, 2005, Pirro announced that she would seek the Republican nomination to challenge first-term incumbent senator Hillary Clinton, a Democrat, in the 2006 election for U.S. Senator from New York. Other Republicans who announced campaigns for the nomination were John Spencer, a former mayor of Yonkers, William Brenner, an attorney in Sullivan County, and attorney Edward Cox, the son-in-law of former president Richard Nixon. In a widely publicized moment when she was declaring her candidacy, Pirro misplaced page 10 of her speech and went silent for 32 seconds, something that is widely considered to have damaged her campaign before it even started.[18]

During an appearance at the Crime Victims Resource Center, Pirro described herself this way: "I am red on fiscal policy. I am conservative and I support the Bush tax cut." She added, however: "I have broad blue stripes when it comes to social issues... I am a woman who is a moderate in New York."[19] Republican governor George Pataki's endorsement of Pirro caused Cox to withdraw from the race,[20] leaving Pirro as the likely nominee. Donors to Pirro's political campaign included designer Tommy Hilfiger (also a native of Elmira) and Donald Trump, as well as contractors and real estate executives who had done business with her husband.[21]

On December 21, 2005, Pirro dropped out of the Senate race after continuing pressure from party chiefs. This decision was reached after a lagging fundraising effort and polls that showed she would be easily defeated by Clinton (a Quinnipiac University poll found Pirro would lose to Clinton 62 percent to 30 percent). In a statement, she said "I have decided that my law enforcement background better qualifies me for a race for New York State attorney general than a race for the United States Senate."[22] Spencer was eventually chosen as the Republican Party's nominee for the U.S. Senate.[23]

2006 State attorney general campaign[edit]
Main article: New York attorney general election, 2006
On May 31, 2006, Pirro was unopposed for the nomination and became the Republican party's official candidate for attorney general by acclamation at the state GOP convention.[24] She also received the nominations of the New York Conservative and Independence Parties. Pirro lost the general election to the Democratic nominee, former Clinton Housing and Urban Development Secretary and future Governor Andrew Cuomo 58%–39%.[25]

Personal life[edit]
Later in life, she returned to the private sector and began a new career as a TV personality.

Something tells me she would have LOVED a role in "Sister Act 2"  Smirk
(07-20-2018, 04:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes I did.

You do realize that Goldberg was NOT acting hysterical when Pirro accused her of being deranged, correct?  If you don't get that point then you don't understand the apology.

So someone has to be currently displaying the side-effects of a disorder when you assert they have the disorder and once you make your assertion if the person proves it to be true; it doesn't count.

Rational Adult:  "Little Jimmy has displayed symptoms of disrespecting his elder's"

Jimmy: "Screw you, you old fart bag"

Fred: "Well Jimmy wasn't actively displaying the symptom when you brought it up, so it's not his fault that he was disrespectful to you".

(07-20-2018, 04:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So someone has to be currently displaying the side-effects of a disorder when you assert they have the disorder and once you make your assertion if the person proves it to be true; it doesn't count.

I have no idea what you are trying to say.  All I know is that I watched the video and here is what happened.

Whoopi was disagreeing with Pirro, but she was not "deranged" or "hysterical" until Pirro insulted her.  She was not showing any "side effects" of TDS unless "simply disagreeing" is a "side effect".  So it was not Trump that cause Whoopi to get upset.  It was Pirro insulting her.  

Pirro did not want to address any disagreement so she went straight for "Anyone who disagrees is deranged".
(07-20-2018, 04:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Rational Adult:  "Little Jimmy has displayed symptoms of disrespecting his elder's"

Fred: "Well Jimmy wasn't actively displaying the symptom when you brought it up, so it's not his fault that he was disrespectful to you".

One major flaw with this analogy.

Was Donald Trump speaking directly to Whoopi and insulting her or was it Pirro?
(07-20-2018, 04:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So someone has to be currently displaying the side-effects of a disorder when you assert they have the disorder and once you make your assertion if the person proves it to be true; it doesn't count.

Rational Adult:  "Little Jimmy has displayed symptoms of disrespecting his elder's"

Apart from the fact that one really shouldn't call others deranged or having an disorder, which somehow gets lost in all of that, this is not a convincing analogy. Jeanine Pirro did not act like the "rational adult" you're portraying in line one. Her comment was rather uncalled for, and also she doesn't get to look down at Whoopi the way your "rational adult" looks down to stupid Jimmy.