Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Whos going to be our next coach?
With this terrible new 90's culture Faylor is building it WILL take a Marvin return to fix it.
Reply/Quote
If they aren't going to fire Tobin, then what's the point of firing Zac. A cleansing needs to be done from top to bottom (of football operations).

No more half ass rebuilds.

This FO just doesn't have it in them to do what needs to be done.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:12 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Mike Brown can't have a competitive bone in is body if he sticks with Taylor.

His record is already worst all-time and it's a given we lose out this year.  

Pony up and pay the cash you won't have when your dead for a decent coach

Agree with your statement 100%. 

Sadly I think there's a real chance Mikey B keeps Zac around because he can use Burrow going down as an excuse. I really don't know why would keep Zac around though. Taking all emotion out of this, what has the guy done to show he can win in the NFL? Burrow is great without Zac, it's not like Zac "brought him along and coached him up". Zac adds no real value to the organization, he should be fired tomorrow morning. Let Simmons take over for rest of season and start your new HC search now. Anything else is just wasting time and delaying the inevitable suckfest that 2021 will be if Zac is allowed to continue this train wreck with his incompetent friends he hired.

Side-Note: Zac is also really lucky that Covid happened and the stands are at a reduced capacity. After the initial excitement of Burrow for the first few games attendance would be even lower than last year and that's the one thing that Mikey B says that drives his need to make changes, butts in seats. Imagine knowing that Finely is going to lose every game for the rest of the year, Zac and Lou are going to continue to coach awful, and it's freezing ass this last part of season. No one would be going to these games anyway.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:58 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Luke Fickell. Everybody knows UC will lose him. Hopefully we keep the quality head coach in the city.

I actually like this idea.  But it won't happen in '21
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:58 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Luke Fickell. Everybody knows UC will lose him. Hopefully we keep the quality head coach in the city.

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

You leave his name out of this, he is exactly where he needs to be, not too mention he already turned down a job in the Big Ten to stay at U.C. He has said he wants to build something here and his wife is happy in Cincy... happy wife = happy life.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:20 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

You leave his name out of this, he is exactly where he needs to be, not too mention he already turned down a job in the Big Ten to stay at U.C. He has said he wants to build something here and his wife is happy in Cincy... happy wife = happy life.

But they weren’t suggesting he leaves Cincinnati...

Look, I’m a UC fan (and I don’t have 2 teams Tongue ), but I’d kill for just about anyone other than Taylor right about know. And Fickell has proven far more than Taylor ever has.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But they weren’t suggesting he leaves Cincinnati...

Look, I’m a UC fan (and I don’t have 2 teams Tongue ), but I’d kill for just about anyone other than Taylor right about know. And Fickell has proven far more than Taylor ever has.

There's always Brian Kelly, lol.  There's never not a rumor that he wants to coach in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But they weren’t suggesting he leaves Cincinnati...

If I'm not mistaken he and Burrow crossed paths at OSU. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:32 PM)samhain Wrote: There's always Brian Kelly, lol.  There's never not a rumor that he wants to coach in the NFL.

Idk might have too much personality. He’d probably tell Mike Brown to go **** himself by like the 2nd week.

Reply/Quote
Someone from the Andy Reid coaching tree would be nice... EB... Cough, cough
Reply/Quote
Jeff Query's mullet should be our next coach.
Reply/Quote
Taylor will be the coach next year. But after he and his staff of incompetent cronies fail miserably again next year, I hope it’s Bienemy. And I hope and pray he’s allowed to chose his own staff. If not, well...

It’s more of the Brown family circus as usual
Reply/Quote
How about Joe Brady from Carolina for head coach...Pray
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I don't see Zac going anywhere until his contract is up. Mike Brown is stubborn, you think he would fire Zac this early?

The front office will blame this entire season on the 'ole fallback.... injuries...
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:01 PM)uticabengalfan Wrote: Hard to say what happens considering its the Bengals but if by some miracle we can Zac who do we see as legit options? I really think its an attractive job considering your qb is in place. Wouldnt mind seeing Matt Eberflus or another defensive mind as head coach. Hire someone to run the offense and go

I will go on record as saying that I would NOT change Bengals coaches over this 2020 Covid Season.  I would point out that 2020 itself has been one ducked up year.  Whoever heard of starting baseball in August or The Kentucky Derby or The Masters in late Fall.  Can any of you say your lives stayed the same in 2020 ???....

Now many will say all the other teams played in 2020 Covid season.  I agree on that.  However not all teams are in a major Rebuild after Coach Lewis fired after awful 2017 and 2018 seasons.  I say we could NOT expect Coach Taylor to win in 2019.  I further say his 2nd season of 2020 Covid and no preseason and limited practices and no fans in stands is something USA has never went through.  So I go on record here as saying Coach Taylor or any coach would need more than 2019 and Covid 2020 to Rebuild The Last Place Bengals of 2018. 

So many of you will not agree.  Many of you always think firing the coach or quarterback is the answer every year.  I will take the opposite side, and say it would be foolish to change coaches after 2019 and Covid 2020.  Coach Taylor needs more of a chance to Rebuild this team than that.  I'll tell you something else.  Paul Brown in 1968 said not to expect a winning team for at least 5 years.  I feel the awful 2018 team certainly needed more than 2 years.  

I think maybe we could have won a couple more games with Burrow, but he is OUT now, so is Mixon.  I myself can't wait for 2020 Covid year to end with medicine coming. 2020 was the worst year in USA I've ever seen.  Bring on 2021.   As for Bengals, I would NOT fire the coaches, I would want to see them back in 2021.  There is the temptation to bring Eric Bieniemy back to Cincy, but is he that good, or is Andy Reid, Kelce, Hill, Mahomes just that good.  Nope, I would stick with Coach Taylor one more year for the reasons I have stated.  

Plus, eating a coaches contract and hiring another takes money, and money is something empty Covid seat Bengals owners are busy trying not to go bankrupt on.  Just bring back Zac in 2021.   You can't Blow It Up and Start Over every year, that is NOT a good plan for success. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I don't post much but I feel compelled at the moment. I strongly believe Taylor will be back though I believe we are all aligned that he shouldn't be. Burrow seems to really like him so you need to keep the face of your franchise happy but I think Taylor will be required to make some coaching changes.

Those of you clamoring for Luke Fickell is comical. He is exactly where he needs to be. Not a slight against UC football but he won't be able to cut it at a major Power 5 program or the NFL for that matter. His success is predicated on how he recruits the state of Ohio since Ohio State has focused its recruiting on a national level largely ignoring a major portion of Ohio now. There are a ton of good football players in Ohio (only California, Texas and Florida with more) and he saw this and jumped on it...kudos to him. He also has ZERO NFL experience which is a recipe for disaster in just about every case. An exception would be Urban who knows how to rebuild a program but I believe his coaching days are behind him for health reasons. Additionally, I don't think his offense would work well in the NFL.

I am one of the biggest Ohio State haters on the planet but a guy who would make a lot of sense is Ryan Day. The idea of plucking away another coordinator from an NFL team doesn't seem logical. Someone with head coaching experience and energy is needed. Ryan Day was a QB coordinator for two years in the NFL, has head coaching experience, knows Burrow and his offense is an air raid style which translates. He checks a lot of boxes but I just don't think we've seen the last of Zac once the season ends (unfortunately).
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:07 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Taylor Taylor and Taylor.. Burrow loves him.. and it showed today after the injury the relationship they have developed.. Taylor will be our coach next year..

Burrow is the kind of guy and player that he will probably mesh well with just about anyone. I wouldn't put too much stake into Burrow only being able and willing to play for Taylor.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:29 AM)GodFather Wrote: I don't see Zac going anywhere until his contract is up. Mike Brown is stubborn, you think he would fire Zac this early?

The front office will blame this entire season on the 'ole fallback....  injuries...

Sometimes, it's as simple as that:
Burrow- out for season- major loss
Atkins-playing with injured shoulder- major loss
Reader- out for season-major loss
Waynes- out for season-major loss
Uzomah- out for season-major loss
AJ- done-major loss
Daniels- playing with groin injury
XFS-out game 1- yet to return
Mixon-IR probably misses 6-7 games
Wren- out for season
Topou- opted out
Dunlap- mentally checked out and traded.
Ross- done

Even excluding Burrow That is a lot of starting talent out of the lineup.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:01 PM)uticabengalfan Wrote: Hard to say what happens considering its the Bengals but if by some miracle we can Zac who do we see as legit options? I really think its an attractive job considering your qb is in place. Wouldnt mind seeing Matt Eberflus or another defensive mind as head coach. Hire someone to run the offense and go

There are a ton of coaching options.

My only requirement would be that the guy has had success before and for more than a couple of years.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:40 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: This just added another year at least to ZT

I do think Burrow has influence and if he continues to talk highly of Taylor and the system in place Taylor stays..2 years of draft picks out of Jordan are looking good that helps him. He will be give 3 years to improve team
Reply/Quote