Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whos our coach in 2020???
I know its highly unlikely but lets assume we finish off the perfect season, cause i dont believe they will win one game this year. Will Mike let Zac come back or do we pull the plug on him. Im all for pulling the plug after the season and cut our losses. Hire a Jay Gruden or someone else thats got the experience to lead this team
Reply/Quote
Taylor is the coach. He isn't going anywhere.
Reply/Quote
Katie Blackburn!
Reply/Quote
Hue Zacson Taylor
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's likely Taylor. 0-16 it's Taylor.

But, IF not...Jay Gruden.
Reply/Quote
Taylor is going to be HC. I’m not ruling out staff changes though. I’d like to see the elder Callahan come over after the season. The odds of him remaining with Washington are pretty slim. We can’t blame all the OL woes on Turner...he wasn’t exactly handed a talented bunch and the injuries have been devastating, but Callahan would be an upgrade.

Oh and I really hope Zac fires his offensive play caller. His duel role has not worked out well to the detriment of both jobs

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Let's try Ryan Finley... See what we have.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 12:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's likely Taylor. 0-16 it's Taylor.

But, IF not...Jay Gruden.

0-16 Taylor should not be back.  Not one win as a new NFL head coach.  He should not be back.  I think the only reason Taylor is here was in 2016 he was an assistant with Cincy Bearcats, a poor reason for him to be an NFL head coach.

Now some of us like me wanted Zimmer made head coach and Marvin maybe moved up to GM.  We were right on that per Minnesota Vikings. 

Others wanted Jay Gruden to be head coach.  Zimmer had Defense looking great and Gruden had Bengals offense looking great.  As Zimmer went to Minnesota, Gruden went to Washington DC.  Gruden had years of putting up points with Redskins.  

Jon Grudens brother Jay Gruden has had Bengals offense rolling in past.  I remember he liked double tight end packages at points in the game. He got the most out of Dalton & Green and the Bengals offense.  So Gruden who is available should have his name on the list.  We can't get Zimmer, we could get Gruden. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 03:14 PM)kevin Wrote: 0-16 Taylor should not be back.  Not one win as a new NFL head coach.  He should not be back.  I think the only reason Taylor is here was in 2016 he was an assistant with Cincy Bearcats, a poor reason for him to be an NFL head coach.

Now some of us like me wanted Zimmer made head coach and Marvin maybe moved up to GM.  We were right on that per Minnesota Vikings. 

Others wanted Jay Gruden to be head coach.  Zimmer had Defense looking great and Gruden had Bengals offense looking great.  As Zimmer went to Minnesota, Gruden went to Washington DC.  Gruden had years of putting up points with Redskins.  

Jon Grudens brother Jay Gruden has had Bengals offense rolling in past.  I remember he liked double tight end packages at points in the game. He got the most out of Dalton & Green and the Bengals offense.  So Gruden who is available should have his name on the list.  We can't get Zimmer, we could get Gruden. 

Zimmer is nowhere near the personality mold of who they hire as head coaches.

They seem to hire easy going coaches who go with the flow. Zimmer is not that.
Reply/Quote
Bring in Joe Brady (LSU passing game coordinator) as HC. Draft Burrow #1. Sit back and enjoy.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 03:27 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Bring in Joe Brady (LSU passing game coordinator) as HC.  Draft Burrow #1.  Sit back and enjoy.

Maybe OC. I think you have to be really careful hiring inexperienced guys as NFL coaches.

Kitchens in Cleveland is an example too.
Reply/Quote
I'm not usually a fan of firing a head coach after one season and have stated that I'd like to see what Zac would do with a full offseason where he didn't have the late start. However, if he goes 0-16, I think I would change my mind about that. He would become only the 5th coach during the SB era to do so, and of the other 4...one was a strike shortened season and one was an expansion team. 

Of course, it probably doesn't matter because Mike makes that call and Mike doesn't like to fire / replace coaches. 
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 03:27 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Bring in Joe Brady (LSU passing game coordinator) as HC.  Draft Burrow #1.  Sit back and enjoy.

Remember Joe Brady helped LSU install a new passing offense but he isn't the offensive coordinator or the play caller.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

Sis Boom Bah.  Rah, Rah, Rah.   Joe College.....this is the NFL

OK, put his name on the list.   So he is another QB coach type like Taylor, huh.   No Head coach or Offense or Defense coordinator ???
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 03:44 PM)kevin Wrote: Sis Boom Bah.  Rah, Rah, Rah.   Joe College.....this is the NFL

OK, put his name on the list.   So he is another QB coach type like Taylor, huh.   No Head coach or Offense or Defense coordinator ???

Chase Young is still in college too...

You have to realize Joe Burrow is having just as good a year as Chase Young. What Joe Burrow is doing is unprecedented.

Burrow needs to keep it up though there is a chance to play at least 2 of the top defenses to finish his year possibly three.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote