Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why 2023 Should Be better For Reds
No Player Lockout / Strike. That really threw the Reds off unable to make some off season moves until last minute when Lockout / Strike ended delaying Spring Training also.

Reds went 3 wins and 18 losses in April, or something like that.

Reds should get some moves made in off season and a normal Spring Training. Reds should have a better April just because they can't be worse. If Reds win close to as much as they lose, Fans will show up at games.

To me, that is the trick of baseball. Try to do good enough in April to bring the Fans out. Then try to do good enough in May to bring the fans out. Then try to do good enough in June to bring the fans out. Now you are at 4th of July and All-Star Game. If it's all downhill from there, OK. At least the franchise made some money and gave the fans a reason to spend money up to 4th of July, before people go into Back To School mode and Preseason Football.

I really can't see the Reds stinking as bad in April again, these rookie pitchers will now be in their 2nd year in The Bigs. No Lockout / Strike throwing off start of Spring Training and start of Season.

So the Reds should have a better April than 3 wins and 18 losses. A better April means more fans show up and Reds make more money. That is needed because Reds had worst attendance since the early 1980's when they lost 100 games back then. Putting fans fannies in the stands is Reds #1 goal now, and to do that they have to have a better April. I think it's almost impossible for Reds to have a worse April. However if Reds do go 3 and 18 again in April, Bell should be given a one way ticket to Palookaville, because 2 Aprils like that deserve getting Fired.

The Reds should have a better April and make more Fan Money in 2023, they really should. The key thing is to stretch Greene, Ashcraft, Lodolo out real slow in Spring Training. Have them good and healthy to slowly build up to 90 to 100 pitches without throwing their arms out. Nobody cares how many the team wins in Arizona in March. In fact, nobody should throw 90 pitches in Arizona, save that for the season in Cincy. I would think last week of Arizona League, 70 pitches is plenty for a warm up start. Maybe not even that.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Kind of hoping to see De LaCruz in action at short.. If he lives up to his billing he'll be in pinstripes in no time. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 11:51 PM)grampahol Wrote: Kind of hoping to see De LaCruz in action at short.. If he lives up to his billing he'll be in pinstripes in no time. 

I hope that they learned their lesson with Senzel and don't play this BS game of "we're going to hold him back until a certain date so we gain gain another year of control." Does anybody care about another year of control on Senzel?

If he's going to contribute, bring him up when he's ready or tearing it up in AA or AAA. Don't upset the player, his family and agent by playing games merely because you can. Create an environment where the player WANTS to be here.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 10:55 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I hope that they learned their lesson with Senzel and don't play this BS game of "we're going to hold him back until a certain date so we gain gain another year of control." Does anybody care about another year of control on Senzel?

If he's going to contribute, bring him up when he's ready or tearing it up in AA or AAA. Don't upset the player, his family and agent by playing games merely because you can. Create an environment where the player WANTS to be here.

Couldn't agree more

Senzel oh boy just wow. Seems like just yesterday everybody had him being the savior of the Reds, including me. And now, no another year of control means nothing. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote