Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010 vs 2017 and what is the same/different
I started this thread because the biggest takeaway I'm getting from our gripes about this team/franchise is that we seem inordinately surprised at what is going on. Call me nuts, but I have been seeing a lot of similarities between this season and the 2010 season and I don't quite get why the general attitude on this board has been quite so shocked.

So what is the same and what is different? Correct me if I'm wrong but I see:

1. a QB who had a great year that ended in injury return to be greeted by an o-line we don't care to fix
2. Marvin Lewis collapsing in the post-season/2nd half
3. an overall feeling that we aren't on the same level as our chief rival and other competitive franchises
4. offensive leaders publicly airing frustrations with the gameplan and their lack of involvement
5. analysis of our QB's every emotion to judge whether he cares or not
6. a desperation among fans that the Steelers will hopefully fall apart soon rather than we will rise to superiority
7. players complaining enough about how god-awful we were to get a lousy OC fired but that's the extent of the fix

This is all I can think of off the top of my head, but what is different other than the names of the players? And serious question, if Marvin Lewis doesn't get canned are we going to able to blame it on the players this time?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 09:47 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I started this thread because the biggest takeaway I'm getting from our gripes about this team/franchise is that we seem inordinately surprised at what is going on.  Call me nuts, but I have been seeing a lot of similarities between this season and the 2010 season and I don't quite get why the general attitude on this board has been quite so shocked.

So what is the same and what is different?  Correct me if I'm wrong but I see:

1.  a QB who had a great year that ended in injury return to be greeted by an o-line we don't care to fix
2.  Marvin Lewis collapsing in the post-season/2nd half
3.  an overall feeling that we aren't on the same level as our chief rival and other competitive franchises
4.  offensive leaders publicly airing frustrations with the gameplan and their lack of involvement
5.  analysis of our QB's every emotion to judge whether he cares or not
6. a desperation among fans that the Steelers will hopefully fall apart soon rather than we will rise to superiority
7. players complaining enough about how god-awful we were to get a lousy OC fired but that's the extent of the fix

This is all I can think of off the top of my head, but what is different other than the names of the players?  And serious question, if Marvin Lewis doesn't get canned are we going to able to blame it on the players this time?

If Marvin doesn't get canned we have to stop watching this same bullshit he creates out there.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote