Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Brandon Wilson is my favorite draft pick.
1. Our need at back up safety was bigger than a lot of people think. Derron Smith played 45 snaps on defense against Buffalo last year. That was the game where Shawn Willians got injured. But in the other 15 games Smith only played a total of 57 snaps on defense. Fejedelem only played 40 snaps on defense all year.

2. Freak athlete. Here are how his Pro Day numbers would have ranked among CBs at the combine

Bench..........24 reps...1st
Vertical........41 inch...1st
Broad jump..11-1.......2nd
Forty...........4.36.......3rd

3. Return skills. Had 2 KR tds, an 85 yard td fum ret, a 51 yd td int return, a 78 yard td return of a blocked FG, and a 109 td return of a missed FG.
Reply/Quote
Great stuff on Wilson Fred. Why did he fall so far?
Reply/Quote
Why did he go so low in the draft? I don't know anything about the guy, does he have off field issues?
Reply/Quote
Interesting stuff. It doesn't need asked again but I too can't help but wonder why he fell so far?

Reply/Quote
To answer all previous questions:
Because he is more athlete than football player. But that is what I want out of my late picks always

Also iirc they drafted him to play RB
Reply/Quote
Smile 
Seems like a poor mans peppers .
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 02:46 PM)J24 Wrote: Seems like a poor mans peppers .

Damn I don't want a player THAT bad
Reply/Quote
I love the pick. The Bengals traded up to get him. I think it's a given that he'll make the roster. Our special teams was upgraded a lot through this draft. So many options for our returners plus the new kicker with Elliot. Getting too excited thinking about how well we did. Crazy.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 01:59 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Interesting stuff. It doesn't need asked again but I too can't help but wonder why he fell so far?

I'm not entirely sure about this but he may have declared late. No invite to the combine and teams may have gotten in on him late.

His measureables are insane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I can argue he had a better year than Peppers.
Peppers was basically a Midwest rep.for the Heisman
Wilson was under the radar playing for a smaller school liIke Houston
Wilson is gonna be a active game day player
Reply/Quote
Damn good pick, after reading up on him a bit. Surprised he fell as far as he did. Definitely that diamond in the rough player you want late in a draft.
Reply/Quote
Speical teams ace to pair with Erickson. Peerman is aging, Wilson could also get time at safety. Reminds me a bit of Devin Hester, only better defensive skills.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 04:15 PM)Shady Wrote: Speical teams ace to pair with Erickson. Peerman is aging, Wilson could also get time at safety. Reminds me a bit of Devin Hester, only better defensive skills.

I could see Wilson pushing Peerman or Erickson to the cut line when you factor in other guys seem to also have ability to play special teams
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 01:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great stuff on Wilson Fred. Why did he fall so far?

(04-30-2017, 01:54 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Why did he go so low in the draft? I don't know anything about the guy, does he have off field issues?

(04-30-2017, 01:59 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Interesting stuff. It doesn't need asked again but I too can't help but wonder why he fell so far?

(04-30-2017, 02:23 PM)eoxyod Wrote: To answer all previous questions:
Because he is more athlete than football player. But that is what I want out of my late picks always

So, a few notes on B Will

- They drafted him based on athleticism. He played several positions at Houston, but never saw the field a lot at any one spot. Jack of all trades, master of none kind of kid.

- If this guy sticks it will be based on long term developmental potential and ST abilities.

- He will be initially listed as a S, which is why Coyle and the DB coaches worked him out. As of draft day they are developing him there and NOT at RB. He is athletic enough, and big enough at 5-11, 200 to do lots of things.

- I think the Bengals like their 4 safeties a lot, but recognize the need to bolster ST and develop behind guys.
Reply/Quote
First of all, mad props to Fred for his usual good job at breaking through words and hype and finding the statistics which matter. As for Brandon Wilson, I saw his film and he's amazing! He doesn't fit the pattern of any current Bengal players in the secondary but he reminds me somewhat of an early years Ed Reed.
Reply/Quote
This years draft coverage was garbage.

I watched ESPN and recorded NFLN.

Soooo many commercials and just bullshit. Maybe i need to quit watching on TV and start just following online.

Just went though all of our day 3 picks.

NFLN spent about 15 seconds total on Glasgow Elliot Evans and Wilson.

Didnt even talk about Evans or Wilson. We even traded up for Wilson and they disnt even touch on it.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 02:23 PM)eoxyod Wrote: To answer all previous questions:

What?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 08:00 PM)McC Wrote: What?

Idk I read it somewhere from a decentish source. Seems like I was wrong haha
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 08:07 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Idk I read it somewhere from a decentish source. Seems like I was wrong haha

Maybe not.  Who knows what might happen?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
He put up some decent numbers in emergency duty, but he is really, really, really raw as a RB.

I was really surprised when I saw how few snaps Smith and Fejedelem played on defense last year. I think that Wilson could easily bump one of those guys off the roster.

Another factor is that i see Ericson getting bumped off the roster so we will need someone to replace his return skills.
Reply/Quote