Tiger

Do you trust Duke now?
I'm a super fan!
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 09:18 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

(04-20-2023, 10:28 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Do you trust Duke now?
I'm a super fan!

You are kinda odd.  Duke does NOT do all the GM duties.  Duke handles all the scouting and personnel duties, but we know Katie and others conduct the contracts and the owners committee handles the hiring of coaches.  

The original premise was silly, this comment is just weird.

Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 09:32 PM)BRM13 Wrote: Mike Brown's contract.  LOL

Seriously, didn't it come out a few years ago that he paid himself a bonus/salary as GM.  If they call Duke GM, they'd probably have to give him that money. 

This. Mike’s gotta get paid, he’s been paying himself GM money since David Klingler was here.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 09:30 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: This.  Mike’s gotta get paid, he’s been paying himself GM money since David Klingler was here.

Don't forget that Mike was getting GM money before the team ever played a game, as the Assistant GM in 68.

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 03:48 AM)casear2727 Wrote: You are kinda odd.  Duke does NOT do all the GM duties.  Duke handles all the scouting and personnel duties, but we know Katie and others conduct the contracts and the owners committee handles the hiring of coaches.  

The original premise was silly, this comment is just weird.

^This, rather than a singular entity, the Bengals management team operates more like a board of directors with individual roles.  Seems to be working well, for the mostpart.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 01:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: ^This, rather than a singular entity, the Bengals management team operates more like a board of directors with individual roles.  Seems to be working well, for the mostpart.

This is where we find out how good they are.  We got the high draft picks and we were the only team to get a chance to get Burrow.  Now we need to lock down a top tier QB, two #1 WRs, and somehow field a defense while (hopefully and possibly) not seeing a draft pick in the top 25 of round 1 for the next decade.

With our selections of Burrow and Chase, we had more top 5 picks over the span of 365 days than the Steelers have had in the past 50 years.  I know there is more to building a team than picking high, but it takes skilled management to win win win when you don't get an early bite at the apple...or something. 
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 07:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This is where we find out how good they are.  We got the high draft picks and we were the only team to get a chance to get Burrow.  Now we need to lock down a top tier QB, two #1 WRs, and somehow field a defense while (hopefully and possibly) not seeing a draft pick in the top 25 of round 1 for the next decade.

With our selections of Burrow and Chase, we had more top 5 picks over the span of 365 days than the Steelers have had in the past 50 years.  I know there is more to building a team than picking high, but it takes skilled management to win win win when you don't get an early bite at the apple...or something. 

This is when you go to the store and purchase your copy of the Cliff's Notes on Belichick's Managing a Dynasty for Dummies.

Pretty sure that the TL/DR version says "Stock the OL and keep a strong Defense".

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 07:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This is when you go to the store and purchase your copy of the Cliff's Notes on Belichick's Managing a Dynasty for Dummies.

Pretty sure that the TL/DR version says "Stock the OL and keep a strong Defense".

I assume page 1 would state "Do not retain a GM who turns down 37 picks in order to draft Akili Smith."
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 08:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I assume page 1 would state "Do not retain a GM who turns down 37 picks in order to draft Akili Smith."

Well, I think that it's safe to say that we've progressed past that mistake..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 10:28 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Do you trust Duke now?
I'm a super fan!

Why TF did you necro this thread? No one but you cares about DTs title.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 08:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why TF did you necro this thread? No one but you cares about DTs title.

Why cant Emeritus be stopped from making threads? New thread coming to you soon.

Tiger
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 10:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: People find the weirdest shit to get upset over.

Just the typical nonsense from the OP.

*random unimportant shyt in a new thread* Go!!!!!
Reply/Quote
As for how him or anyone does when they go to other teams...you need that star qb.

Look how many Patriots assistants and front office people go to other teams and flop.

It isn't like the Bengals drafted Burrow in the 3rd Round.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 09:30 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: This.  Mike’s gotta get paid, he’s been paying himself GM money since David Klingler was here.

Zac being reaching .500 (in regular season) seemed a near impossible a couple years back. He’ll surpass it this year. They need to go what 12-5   

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote