Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Why Cincinnati should hate Kansas City.
From 1957-1972 Cincinnati had a professional basketball team. The Cincinnati Royals. They were a good team with Hall-of-Fame players like Jerry Lucas and Oscar Robertson.

But Kansas City stole them from us and turned them into a baseball team.

so I say SCREW KANSAS CITY!!!

Who DeySmack Who DeyMooning Who Dey Hammer Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Who gives a shit about Basketball or Baseball?
Reply/Quote
My old teacher played for them!

Hilarious

He was the varsity basketball coach but I only got to play freshman ball before I was hurt.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 01:54 AM)Tony Wrote: Who gives a shit about Basketball or Baseball?

Clearly you aren’t from Cincinnati…

This will always be a baseball town.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 02:26 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Clearly you aren’t from Cincinnati…

Nope... I can watch a playoff basketball Game here or there, but I just can't get through a baseball game.. 
Reply/Quote
[Image: 85d14c01b98f286383694fd6fcb631d0.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 03:16 AM)Tony Wrote: Nope... I can watch a playoff basketball Game here or there, but I just can't get through a baseball game.. 

He’s right though. Cincinnati is a baseball town. 5 World Series wins. There is a strong history with the reds. As for basketball, never heard of the Cincinnati Royals. But I don’t care too much about basketball until March Madness and never watch pro’s anyway so it makes sense why I wouldn’t.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 01:52 AM)fredtoast Wrote: From 1957-1972 Cincinnati had a professional basketball team. The Cincinnati Royals. They were a good team with Hall-of-Fame players like Jerry Lucas and Oscar Robertson.

But Kansas City stole them from us and turned them into a baseball team.

so I say SCREW KANSAS CITY!!!

Who DeySmack Who DeyMooning Who Dey Hammer Who Dey

Fred I grew up within walking distance of the garden. My Dad and I spent much time watching The big O, Wayne Embry, Jerry Lucas, Jack Twyman and many others play. As a teenager I worked there cleaning up after events.

You may be mistaken about Kansas City stealing the Royals. The owners the Axelson brothers were beyond bad. They replaced Ed Jucker with Bob Cousy and traded Oscar. Cousy claimed to want a younger running team then proceeded to activate himself at 41 after trading all the good players away.These were just a few of the issues. Attendance suffered making it very easy to justify moving the team. After a stay in KC the then moved to Sacramento.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 02:26 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Clearly you aren’t from Cincinnati…

Wait….Cincinnati has a baseball team?!
Reply/Quote
There fans are reason enough to hate KC
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 10:07 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Wait….Cincinnati has a baseball team?!

LOL Yes. And they have uniforms and everything.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 10:07 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Wait….Cincinnati has a baseball team?!

Cincinnati is the home of professional baseball. If you want to explore some of its history head down to Cincinnati Gospel. It sits on the site of old Crosley field. Many artifacts still there.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 10:07 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Wait….Cincinnati has a baseball team?!

They might as well not have a team. The owner can’t afford them.

As surprising as it sounds, the Reds have been much more pathetic over the last 30 years than the Bengals.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 10:38 AM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: They might as well not have a team. The owner can’t afford them.

As surprising as it sounds, the Reds have been much more pathetic over the last 30 years than the Bengals.

THIS is what I was jokingly alluding to. I should have included a sarcasm warning somewhere in my original post.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 08:16 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: He’s right though. Cincinnati is a baseball town. 5 World Series wins. There is a strong history with the reds. As for basketball, never heard of the Cincinnati Royals. But I don’t care too much about basketball until March Madness and never watch pro’s anyway so it makes sense why I wouldn’t.

They're now the Sacramento Kings... But yeah; it's been many moons since they left Cincinnati.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
My Dad's still pissed about if Frank, he loved the Big O! Let's get those thieving bastards!
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 10:38 AM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: They might as well not have a team. The owner can’t afford them.

I bet Bart Scott won’t say a word when teams run up the score on the Reds replacement players! Just cause our owner is cheap doesn’t mean we should have to get embarrassed!
Reply/Quote
I feel like this thread belongs in a different forum.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 03:16 AM)Tony Wrote: Nope... I can watch a playoff basketball Game here or there, but I just can't get through a baseball game.. 

We all understand how "limited" you are Tony.
Reply/Quote
As long as it's not Amarillo, Texas I don't care. If I had to go 2 miles beyond the city limits I'd go completely around the globe to avoid it..  I have my reasons I shan't discuss on this board.  Sad I'll just say I had an unfortunate experience there many, many moons ago that could potentially have me sent to the Texas penal system in Huntsville. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote