Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Didn't the Bengals IR AJ Green?
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
How many can you have on the IR/possible return list or whatever it's called ? J. Williams is on that isn't he ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 05:12 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: How many can you have on the IR/possible return list or whatever it's called ? J. Williams is on that isn't he ?

no we pupped Williams hes just on the roster...  John ross was IR designated to return... And maybe the other kickoff guy.
Reply/Quote
Yeah speculation is Phillips and Ross.

There was some news on Jonah possibly returning...but it's not tangible. It's kind of like If he's ready.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 05:12 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: How many can you have on the IR/possible return list or whatever it's called ? J. Williams is on that isn't he ?

You can have 2 guys on the IR/designated to return list.  They have to have been on the 53 man roster at the start of the regular season.  Jonah Williams is on the PUP list, which he can also potentially return from.  
Reply/Quote
Why not? Clinging to hopeful ticket sales maybe? Ninja

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 05:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This so reminds me of Marvin Jones year where the team kept him on the roster for an ankle injury that was suppose to keep him out for a few weeks, only to IR him half way through the year.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2019, 12:33 AM)BengalChris Wrote: This so reminds me of Marvin Jones year where the team kept him on the roster for an ankle injury that was suppose to keep him out for a few weeks, only to IR him half way through the year.

Wasn't that a foot injury? Either way, that was ridiculous with Marvin Jones. He had the same injury that cost Julio Jones the entire season the year before. I remember repeating it over and over on the old boards when people were talking about him returning. Sorta like how Ocho kept pointing out that AJ Green's injury was the same as the one Tyler Eifert suffered in the pro bowl which kept him out for what seemed to be 5 years.

This whole thing with AJ is getting sketchy. I don't blame the guy... He's a free agent next year. Why risk reinjury when you don't have a contract, the team is flaming garbage, and they just benched your friend for a guy who will be a career backup?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2019, 01:35 AM)jason Wrote: Wasn't that a foot injury? Either way, that was ridiculous with Marvin Jones. He had the same injury that cost Julio Jones the entire season the year before. I remember repeating it over and over on the old boards when people were talking about him returning. Sorta like how Ocho kept pointing out that AJ Green's injury was the same as the one Tyler Eifert suffered in the pro bowl which kept him out for what seemed to be 5 years.

This whole thing with AJ is getting sketchy. I don't blame the guy... He's a free agent next year. Why risk reinjury when you don't have a contract, the team is flaming garbage, and they just benched your friend for a guy who will be a career backup?

Blame him or no I wish he'd just been honest that hes not going to play so they could use the spot for someone else. And quit stringing everyone along.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2019, 01:35 AM)jason Wrote: Wasn't that a foot injury? Either way, that was ridiculous with Marvin Jones. He had the same injury that cost Julio Jones the entire season the year before. I remember repeating it over and over on the old boards when people were talking about him returning. Sorta like how Ocho kept pointing out that AJ Green's injury was the same as the one Tyler Eifert suffered in the pro bowl which kept him out for what seemed to be 5 years.

How is it sketchy?  He practiced, and the ankle swelled.  Therefore, not yet ready.    Waited longer, repeat.  Seems pretty cut and dry to me.
Reply/Quote
How does Toback know the details of the medical records of these players?

Who is she?  Is she on the Bengals medical staff or something?
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2019, 01:35 AM)jason Wrote:  He's a free agent next year. Why risk reinjury when you don't have a contract, the team is flaming garbage, and they just benched your friend for a guy who will be a career backup?

Because if he does not play at all this year it will seriousl;y impact his value on the free agent market.

teams don't pay big money to WRs over 30 who have missed 25 straight games over 2 seasons with injury.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2019, 11:08 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Because if he does not play at all this year it will seriousl;y impact his value on the free agent market.

teams don't pay big money to WRs over 30 who have missed 25 straight games over 2 seasons with injury.

Missing 25 straight games (if he doesn't play this year) is a sobering thought. I feel like the Bengals are justified to not offer him Julio type money.

Would they franchise tag him? That would be A LOT to pay a guy...for 1 year with that injury history.

It's kind of like the Burfict situation. Burfict was great early in his career...then injuries and suspensions derailed his play A LOT.
Reply/Quote
Q: Why didn't the Bengals IR AJ Green?

A: Because they refuse to listen to me.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Hindsight is 20/20

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Benefit of hindsight is incredible. Where were these people at in real time.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2019, 05:57 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Benefit of hindsight is incredible. Where were these people at in real time.

This still doesn't explain why the Bengals are so adverse to hiring people with foresight.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2019, 10:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This still doesn't explain why the Bengals are so adverse to hiring people with foresight.

Well...according to the article on Bengals.com...they still love Taylor and believe in him in management.
Reply/Quote