Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Do You Think Michael Jordan Starts
Tiger
I think he starts because simply the light is on and now hes become a PRO. Thoughts? Also Frank P.
Wrong. Platform but Oh well
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2021, 10:18 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger
I think he starts because simply the light is on and now hes become a PRO. Thoughts? Also Frank P.
Wrong. Platform but Oh well

Because neither XSF nor Carman nor any of the rookies has shown enough to be heads and shoulders above him yet (sadly).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Michael Jordan was a very athletically talented prospect that needed alot of technique work. Apparently Turner wasn't a great teacher and with Covid19 that limited Jordan's access to personal coaches. I can see Jordan taking a solid jump in year 3.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 11:06 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Because neither XSF nor Carman nor any of the rookies has shown enough to be heads and shoulders above him yet (sadly).

Exactly. It hasn't even been close until last game when Carman graded out pretty well. I've read that MJ won't start on Sunday w/ Burrow but hopefully thats not the case. I believe both players need that mentally to validate the hard work they put in this off season.
But its politics
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 11:53 AM)Synric Wrote: Michael Jordan was a very athletically talented prospect that needed alot of technique work. Apparently Turner wasn't a great teacher and with Covid19 that limited Jordan's access to personal coaches. I can see Jordan taking a solid jump in year 3.

I agree. The week one matchup will tell us a lot about the offensive line as a unit. If we know anything about a Zimmer defense the exotic blitzing is coming early and often.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 11:53 AM)Synric Wrote: Michael Jordan was a very athletically talented prospect that needed alot of technique work. Apparently Turner wasn't a great teacher and with Covid19 that limited Jordan's access to personal coaches. I can see Jordan taking a solid jump in year 3.

From what I recall, Turner is a tell-you-what-to-do type, but not the show-you-how-to-do type.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 05:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: From what I recall, Turner is a tell-you-what-to-do type, but not the show-you-how-to-do type.

Tiger

Hopefully people will temper the expectations for Frank this season. Although he had some of the players in his last tenure he has to build a culture of his own. MJ is his project or at least one of them at this point.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 10:56 AM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Hopefully people will temper the expectations for Frank this season. Although he had some of the players in his last tenure he has to build a culture of his own. MJ is his project or at least one of them at this point.

Not anymore, he is Trevor Lawrence's problem now lol
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 07:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not anymore, he is Trevor Lawrence's problem now lol

Sam Darnold, right?

Either way, it'll be fun to see if all our MJ fans will keep singing his praises now that he's in Charlotte. 
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2021, 01:55 AM)tms Wrote: Sam Darnold, right?

Either way, it'll be fun to see if all our MJ fans will keep singing his praises now that he's in Charlotte. 

Oh yeah, sorry, thanks for correcting me brother. Completely agree.

MJ just cannot keep his pad level low. Don't even understand why the Panthers grabbed him.

We have done all we could with him. Pollack knows whats up.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2021, 01:55 AM)tms Wrote: Sam Darnold, right?

What MJ fans? Some people (myself included) gave the kid props for working hard this offseason, and seeking outside help in Big Willie, but to suggest that he has “fans” is quite a stretch. I certainly have never encountered any.

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 05:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What MJ fans? Some people (myself included) gave the kid props for working hard this offseason, and seeking outside help in Big Willie, but to suggest that he has “fans” is quite a stretch. I certainly have never encountered any.

I'd take him as a depth piece over what we have currently. You have rookies as backups on that interior and that pressure incoming. Hate this scenario for Joe.The good thing is that jobs are on the line but for who..
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2021, 10:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Oh yeah, sorry, thanks for correcting me brother. Completely agree.

MJ just cannot keep his pad level low. Don't even understand why the Panthers grabbed him.

We have done all we could with him. Pollack knows whats up.

Fun fact, the Panthers seem to like taking OL guys from the Bengals as their starting RG is none other than former Bengal John Miller, the guy who couldn't beat out Redmond.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2021, 02:50 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Fun fact, the Panthers seem to like taking OL guys from the Bengals as their starting RG is none other than former Bengal John Miller, the guy who couldn't beat out Redmond.

Didn't know that also remember us grabbing an OL from them years back, forgot his name but he blocked for Dalton at TCU.
Reply/Quote