Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Does it Seem Like It's Lewis' Choice Whether He Returns?
I would think that after the last two years of undisciplined and underperformaning play he would be fired. I get it that this is not the Bengal way but 15 years is a very long run. It is clearly time for a change. Yet the media stories are whether Lewis will walk. I rarely read that management have no interest in him coming back.

I'm starting to worry that he will be returning.
Reply/Quote
Because it likely is his call. Mike is an old man who's very set in his ways. He likes Marvin and they have a good working relationship. I'm guessing he would really miss Marvin if he were not around. Not enough to kick a family member out of a job or expand the FO to accommodate him, mind you. But he'd still miss him.

So, you have a guy who likes cashing checks, and an owner that can tolerate losing playoff games and who's willing to keep writing checks to keep a familiar face around. Bet they'd go on together another 25 years if they both could live that long.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
If Marvin is back this goes 3-13 next year lookin at the schedule.
Reply/Quote
Please dont even talk about a Marvin return. Scares the hell out of me.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 08:11 PM)CanadianBengal Wrote: I would think that after the last two years of undisciplined and underperformaning play he would be fired. I get it that this is not the Bengal way but 15 years is a very long run. It is clearly time for a change. Yet the media stories are whether Lewis will walk. I rarely read that management have no interest in him coming back.

I'm starting to worry that he will be returning.
Because everyone in management are chicken shyts.
Reply/Quote
Please don't even bring this up. I will flip my shit if Marvin is still the coach at this time next week
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 09:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Please dont even talk about a Marvin return. Scares the hell out of me.

[Image: scary-dog_o_1049655.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Hope they’re happy with a half empty stadium if they let that turd return.
Reply/Quote
I'm guessing it is his choice to an extent but that he won't be back.

Reply/Quote
When you know 80% of the fans disapprove of you, why would you want to come back?

Reply/Quote
For Marvin to leave, it is going to have to be his decision to leave. I don't believe for a second that Mike Brown will actually fire him. I would say that Brown probably loves having Marvin around because it helps take some of the heat off of him. However, we all know that Brown couldn't give a shit less what the fans think, so that theory holds no water.

I don't know why Lewis would want to come back here besides the millions he will get paid. I did find it funny though that the reports that Lewis was leaving included him saying that the staff is underpaid. Really? Mike ***** Brown owns the team! Of course he underpays. Brown pinches pennies so damn hard you can hear Lincoln scream.
Reply/Quote
[Image: i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2013%2F0402%2Fnfl_a_lew....jpg&w=570]

"We know each other. We know each other's foibles," Brown said. "We've been around together for 14 years now. And when he does something that I don't like, or I do something that he doesn't like, we accept it because we both know there's going to be a tomorrow. And there's the good side: we've got a lot of happy moments together, and that tends to bond us, as well.

"I don't know that we're altogether different. We see a lot of things the same way. I am the immovable object, and he is the, what do you call the other one? The irresistible force."

It's supposed to be unstoppable force.  Not irresistible.  Damn it's true.  Marvin is irresistible to Mikey!

This is an older quote obviously....  but there ya have it...

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 08:50 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: If Marvin is back this goes 3-13 next year lookin at the schedule.

Oh phsaw!  All the haters were predicting the Bengals to be 0-16 the last time Marin stuck around when he should have been fired and BOY did we show them!

...er, sorta.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 09:47 PM)engalsRocker Wrote: [Image: i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2013%2F0402%2Fnfl_a_lew....jpg&w=570]

This needs to be a "caption this pic."

Who farted?  This guy!
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 09:53 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: This needs to be a "caption this pic."

Who farted?  This guy!

[Image: i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2013%2F0402%2Fnfl_a_lew....jpg&w=570]

"I swear when I signed Marvin he said.  "I made Ray Lewis a great player." What a jokester this guy is!!"
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Because it is,

I'd be willing to bet if Marvin walked into Mike's office right now and "said boss give me one more chance". Mike would say "ok, swell, let's do it".
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 09:47 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: [Image: i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2013%2F0402%2Fnfl_a_lew....jpg&w=570]

Marvin, you know that I love you like a son.  I'll never fire you.  But, don't you think that it's time you moved on to bigger things?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 09:47 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: [Image: i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2013%2F0402%2Fnfl_a_lew....jpg&w=570]

I tugged him off in the shower with this hand!

Reply/Quote
Why? Why? Because that's everyone's worst fear, that's why. I swear the organization delights in torturing all of us who are stupid enough to be its fans.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I'm not sure it's his choice at all. He's trying to make it seem as if it is to save face. I hate Mikey boy but I think even he probably has come to the conclusion that this team needs a new direction.
Reply/Quote