Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Hobson Says We Need Another 1st Round CB
(04-16-2017, 09:06 PM)jason Wrote: Dude... I swear to God!!! If they draft a damn corner in the first....

.....I'm going to bust an artery!  Or my TV.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2017, 09:29 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Not that I want it to happen, but it's not a dumb move by any means. I think Jackson will impress. If Russell shows out and the other's come to play, we should be good at CB. That said, I would rather they do that than reach for 6'3" 250 pound DE that hasn't played against an NFL caliber OT in his entire college career.

Agreed that they shouldn't reach but whoever you draft at 9 should be an impact player who starts from day 1. You don't draft a guy as high as 9 to sit on the bench. If they draft a cb at 9 they should do it because they believe he is good enough to start. Far a DE goes I hope they don't pass on Barnett or a smaller DE in later rounds just because of his size and not his ability. The Bengals said this offseason that size doesn't matter as long the guy can get to the qb, it will be interesting to see if they break the trend this upcoming draft. Barnett' is an interesting prospect broke Reggie Whites sack record at Tennessee and had 3 very productive years in the SCC. Far as who the Bengals pick at 9 I have no idea nothing would surprise me could see them drafting any position except QB or Oline.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2017, 11:44 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Hobson on CBs

"Same with Ohio State cornerback Marshon Lattimore. Adam Jones is 33, Darqueze Dennard has been hampered by injury, and William Jackson has yet to take a snap. In a league where nickel defenses are on the field almost 70 percent of the time, it’s true. You can never have enough corners."

Reasons why Hobson says we need a CB.

A. Football players get injured.

B. Like a fat kid and cake. You just can't have enough! Imagine if we had 3 first round CBs riding the pine!

C. Dennard has been injured. (Totally different from Kirk. Somehow?)

D. WJ3 doesn't take snaps. Wasn't injured or anything he just doesn't.

E. Shaw isn't a 1st round CB

I get it's draft time and this could all be B.S. but that was some seriously weak coffee. LOL

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Hobsons-Choice-when-and-where/78f733f9-8732-41a9-a791-fc1a9abd73da

we have just invested in one 1st rd CB in DreK.

We have two other 1st round CB's in Dennard and Wjax needing to get on the field...why on earth would we draft another one..irrespective what happens to pacman.  

If we can't get it done with four rd1 CB's then why make it five?   
Reply/Quote
Listen... this team needs all the first round cornerbacks it can get. Do you all not realize how important the gunner on special teams is? You definitely need a first round guy to play that role for three years until he starts to get some snaps at corner, and by that time you better have another first round guy to plug in for those five plays a game Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2017, 10:47 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: .....I'm going to bust an artery!  Or my TV.

I agree with these sentiments, reading the thread headline alone already made me angry. One more first round corner who then is groomed on the bench for three years and is up for a new contract the moment he possibly starts being valuable. I would scream so loud.
Reply/Quote
I'm burnt out of Hobson.There is absolutely no justification in taking a corner in the first.None! It's kind of like reading his articles about the cap space at the end of every year.We could have 50 mill and he makes it sound like a wooden nickel and two cokes in the fridge.Its laughable at best
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2017, 07:02 AM)hollodero Wrote: I agree with these sentiments, reading the thread headline alone already made me angry. One more first round corner who then is groomed on the bench for three years and is up for a new contract the moment he possibly starts being valuable. I would scream so loud.

Lol,,I feel your pain.Only reason I didn't do it last year is when they said Pittsburgh wanted him.That justified it a little bit for me.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2017, 10:35 AM)Striped4war Wrote: Lol,,I feel your pain.Only reason I didn't do it last year is when they said Pittsburgh wanted him.That justified it a little bit for me.

...that, and the WRs were gone. And we had one less first round CB on the team.
Reply/Quote
We are stacked at Corner.

This is just some more lame shit article from Hobspin.
Reply/Quote