Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Why I AM Excited
Karlos Dansby, on a conference call with Bengals media: "I can come in get us over that (playoff) hump ... I haven't been around this much talent in a long time."

Get f***ing RFN back in the fold, grab LaFell and lets go win this damned thing for the first time.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think Reggie's course is going the same way Andre's did a few years back.. The market got cold on him and he came back at our price.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 01:14 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Karlos Dansby, on a conference call with Bengals media: "I can come in get us over that (playoff) hump ... I haven't been around this much talent in a long time."

Get f***ing RFN back in the fold, grab LaFell and lets go win this damned thing for the first time.

Nice, i am frickin excited myself. Adding a cover backer like Dansby is just great for this team. The dude can play
all the spots and was a top 5 cover backer in the league last year. Coverage is where you know if an older player is
falling off. This shows he has atleast one or two more good years in him.

Plus we get him without losing a comp pick.

If we add Lafell which it looks like we will and have a good Draft we are in a better place then we were going into
last year. Our record just keeps getting better and better every year. Look at our record, seriously and we were so
close last season to winning our first Playoff game in forever. Looking like the year no doubt depending on the draft
where we should be solid with Duke Tobin running the show.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 01:26 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I think Reggie's course is going the same way Andre's did a few years back.. The market got cold on him and he came back at our price.

Yeah i think the Predator will be back myself.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 01:26 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I think Reggie's course is going the same way Andre's did a few years back.. The market got cold on him and he came back at our price.

The difference is we were going to have to draft someone in the first couple of rounds at Offensive Tackle for sure if we didn't get Andre signed. The Bengals were actively wanting to get him back but just not at a price they weren't comfortable with. While the Bengals are high on Shawn Williams to start in Reggie's place if they don't bring him back and possibly even if they do bring back Reggie. I like Reggie and I would personally sign him and he would still be a starter but it really seems like the Bengals are fine with Iloka and Williams as their safety tandem for next season.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
All this enthusiasm is contagious and damn refreshing !
Reply/Quote
I'm excited as well. I've always been a fan of Dansby's play. I was disappointed we didn't land him the first time around, but glad he's finally in stripes.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
lets get dansby Cincy and the Brown family that ring...
Reply/Quote
Where did you find the conference call?
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 02:02 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Where did you find the conference call?

Quoted on ESPN
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Really happy about Dansby.

I think he will turn out to be our best FA signing ever.

He and Haslett will have a great impact on Tez.
Reply/Quote

The market is cold because Reggie is recovering from an injury.

I'd like to get him back, but other teams may show interest when he can show he is healthy.

If we could get him at a low price I'd be willing to sign him even if he starts the season on PUP.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 01:14 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Karlos Dansby, on a conference call with Bengals media: "I can come in get us over that (playoff) hump ... I haven't been around this much talent in a long time."

So much this. Get Reggie and LaFell and call it a day.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 01:43 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'm excited as well. I've always been a fan of Dansby's play. I was disappointed we didn't land him the first time around, but glad he's finally in stripes.  ThumbsUp

I'm in the same boat. Dansby has always been one of my favorite non-Bengals players. I really wanted him over Harrison back in 2013. I know Dansby is up there in age, but he's still playing great and that'll be a huge boost for us.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 02:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The market is cold because Reggie is recovering from an injury.

I'd like to get him back, but other teams may show interest when he can show he is healthy.

If we could get him at a low price I'd be willing to sign him even if he starts the season on PUP.

Do we even know the deets on his injury? How severe? I just remember hearing ankle injury, with no mention of surgery.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 04:03 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Do we even know the deets on his injury? How severe? I just remember hearing ankle injury, with no mention of surgery.

This is directly from hopspin

"Are we going to get Reggie Nelson back we need his leadership do you think it's has anything to do with the ankle injury Roger Cook, New Richmond, OH

ROGER: His ankle has nothing to do with it. He looked like he had done well in rehab. No question Reggie is a great leader and you hate to lose those guys. (I wonder if he’d been on the field for that last play against Pittsburgh instead of injured what might have happened.) But it’s not like there’s a dearth of leadership on defense. I think there’s some support to bring him back. But for how much and who plays?"
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 03:47 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm in the same boat. Dansby has always been one of my favorite non-Bengals players. I really wanted him over Harrison back in 2013. I know Dansby is up there in age, but he's still playing great and that'll be a huge boost for us.

Our platoon of linebackers should help with his playing time reducing any wear down towards the end of the season.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 04:05 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Our platoon of linebackers should help with his playing time reducing any wear down towards the end of the season.

Agreed that we should be able to rotate and keep him fresher, but the guy is easily the best or 2nd best LB on the roster now. He's definitely the best coverage LB that we've got now.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 04:06 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Agreed that we should be able to rotate and keep him fresher, but the guy is easily the best or 2nd best LB on the roster now. He's definitely the best coverage LB that we've got now.

Can't remember the last time I saw a Cinci LB return an INT for a TD... and Dansby did it twice last year!
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 04:06 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Agreed that we should be able to rotate and keep him fresher, but the guy is easily the best or 2nd best LB on the roster now. He's definitely the best coverage LB that we've got now.

Its such a great pick up in so many ways. This guy can show the young guys how its done.

I already had high hopes for Dawson and Flowers, this guy can help them.
Reply/Quote