Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Why I AM Excited
(03-30-2016, 04:08 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Can't remember the last time I saw a Cinci LB return an INT for a TD... and Dansby did it twice last year!

I know Brian Simmons took back a couple, most recent was 2004.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 04:08 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Can't remember the last time I saw a Cinci LB return an INT for a TD... and Dansby did it twice last year!

was gonna say burfict but that was a fumble recovery....
Reply/Quote

Dansby also averages 3.5 sacks a season, although last year was his first year without a sack. Vinnie Rey, Burfict, Hawk, and Lamur combined for 3.5 sacks last season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 04:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: was gonna say burfict but that was a fumble recovery....

Yup vs the Browns. That crossed my mind.

He also intercepted a pass in the opening game against Chicago a few years back? or was that preseason?

Other than that and Vinny Rey's few magical INTs, I don't think our LBs get too many INTS too often.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 04:17 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Yup vs the Browns. That crossed my mind.

He also intercepted a pass in the opening game against Chicago a few years back? or was that preseason?

Other than that and Vinny Rey's few magical INTs, I don't think our LBs get too many INTS too often.

Rey M had one but didnt take it back to the house lol...

Just talking about pick sixes makes me remember madden with deltha oniel... (got six in 1 game lol)
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 04:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Rey M had one but didnt take it back to the house lol...

Just talking about pick sixes makes me remember madden with deltha oniel...   (got six in 1 game lol)

Yep, Maualuga had one against the Cardinals that put us on a short field....
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 02:10 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Really happy about Dansby.

I think he will turn out to be our best FA signing ever.

He and Haslett will have a great impact on Tez.

Dansby, Maualuga and Burfict will make a very nice trio.  We'll finally have options on third down covering RBs & TEs.  And it's nice to hear Dansby's excitement.  We keep adding fire to the defense with Jones, Burfict and (hopefully) Nelson.  Hopefully we pick up another madman in the draft.   I'm expecting a very intimidating Defense this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd love to take a flyer on Percy Harvin if we can sign him cheap.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Extremely happy about Dansby signing and content with LaFell signing on.

I'm thinking Reggie Nelson re-signs on a 2yr deal eventually.

A side note: Leon Hall? Rather have him on board than Taylor Mays. Better character guy and still fights to make plays even when he doesn't physically have the speed he once had (when he and JJo were the starting corners.) Mays' major talent is missile-like tackles, which obviously won't get us anywhere with the stiffer rules.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 11:20 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I'd love to take a flyer on Percy Harvin if we can sign him cheap.

id be down for it and then not have to draft a WR early this year....

then we can focus on DE/C/DT/S in the draft. (if no signing at those positions happen between now and tehn)
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 02:37 AM)sixxfan26 Wrote: Extremely happy about Dansby signing and content with LaFell signing on.

I'm thinking Reggie Nelson re-signs on a 2yr deal eventually.

A side note: Leon Hall? Rather have him on board than Taylor Mays. Better character guy and still fights to make plays even when he doesn't physically have the speed he once had (when he and JJo were the starting corners.) Mays' major talent is missile-like tackles, which obviously won't get us anywhere with the stiffer rules.

Mays was signed for SAM LBer and Special teams duty not to play CB or S
Reply/Quote

Dansby has lead the league in interceptions returned for td in three different seasons.  He had two each in '05, '13. and '15.

His career 6 interception returns for tds ranks 17th in NFL history.

Since he entered the league in 2004 no other LB has had more ints than Dansby's 19.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 12:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Mays was signed for SAM LBer and Special teams duty not to play CB or S

Has Mays actually been signed?
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 02:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Has Mays actually been signed?

They've agreed to a deal. They're just waiting for Mays to show up and put pen to paper.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 12:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Mays was signed for SAM LBer and Special teams duty not to play CB or S

I realize. I'm just saying overall, if I had to pick between the 2.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 04:08 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: They've agreed to a deal. They're just waiting for Mays to show up and put pen to paper.

That is not how it works.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 04:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I know Brian Simmons took back a couple, most recent was 2004.
Didn't Maualuga return an int for a TD in 2011?  The same game Jerome Simpson did the flip?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2016, 11:35 AM)jason Wrote: Didn't Maualuga return an int for a TD in 2011?  The same game Jerome Simpson did the flip?

Maualuga has never scored a TD. I looked up the Jerome Simpson flip game (2011 vs Cards) and the only TDs were Dalton to Gresh and Simpson.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2016, 10:24 AM)fredtoast Wrote: That is not how it works.

Yet, it's what the beat guys have reported.
Reply/Quote