Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I Detest the Chargers
I hate the Chargers.

They are the scum-filled hive of AFL has-beens who need a bully beatdown. Justin Herbert needs to be intercepted and sacked multiple times.

Most of my Charger-hate is because of Dan Fouts who the Bengals iced in the Freezer Bowl AFC Championship 40 years ago. Ever since the Chargers lost to the Bengals, Fouts has been an insufferable boor.

Whenever he was the television analyst covering a Bengals game I muted the TV and listened to Bengals Radio instead. The fact that Dan Fouts is a first ballot Hall of Fame enshrinee and Ken Anderson is not makes me physically nauseous; not even Pepto-Bismol helps. Dan Fouts hates the Bengals and let’s just say the feeling is mutual.

The San Diego Chargers are now the Los Angeles Chargers which proves California can’t keep a team in their nicest city and, instead, makes them share a stadium with the Rams in their worst city. The Chargers will eventually end up in Oakland, St. Louis, or London — although I prefer Duluth or Fargo so they’ll be reminded of the Freezer Bowl every time they play at home.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hate the chargers because Dan fours exists too.

It does not come close to my hate for the shit stains though.

**** the browns
Reply/Quote
I have no idea why everyone seems to hate Dan Fouts. I have heard him do tons of games. He does not trash the Bengals. In fact when we were winning he was one that usually gave us a lot of credit.
Reply/Quote
Raiders, Chiefs, and Broncos fans don't even hate the Chargers...

But hey.... Remember when we were kicking their ass back in the day, and they came back to win? I hate them for that. Oh... And that 2013 playoff game.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 11:14 AM)jason Wrote: Raiders, Chiefs, and Broncos fans don't even hate the Chargers...

But hey.... Remember when we were kicking their ass back in the day, and they came back to win? I hate them for that. Oh... And that 2013 playoff game.

I was there. It was 2006 and the Bengals were up 28-6 at halftime and blew it. The defense was so bad!
Reply/Quote
In the seven years I lived near the intersection of the 15 and 91 freeways, the Chargers were my local team. My first year there, the Bengals were up at home 40 - 7 or something like that and then Phillip Rivers and LaDanian Tomlinson went crazy and they ended up winning. San Diego is one of the most beautiful cities/areas of the country, and it's a shame they couldn't have upgraded their stadium and stayed there.

Nowadays, they regularly at home play in front of crowds where about half the capacity is for the other team, as it happened with the Steelers. This coming Sunday they will be desperate for a win, so the Bengals need to keep on doing what they did during the bye week break and then last week to prepare for the Steelers and it should be another happy day at PBS.
Reply/Quote
I don't necessarily hate the team, but yeah..Fouts grates on my nerve. What drives me nuts is how that team seems to steal our thunder then does nothing with it for themselves. Oh well.. As far as the HOF goes..It's a freakin joke. Personally I think we should lobby both the team and Munoz to give back their HOF stuff until or unless they decide to begin recognizing the Bengals properly.. After all, what did Fouts ever accomplish that Kenny didn't? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I still can't help but laugh when they had a Chargers Linebacker mic'd up for our last playoff game with them. As Dalton threw an interception it was "Oh no, Andy, What are you doing?" In a game where everything went wrong for our Bengals, that still was pretty funny.
Reply/Quote
Don't really care about the Chargers one way or another. If anything, I feel pissed for the San Diego fans who got shafted so their corrupt owner could move them to Los Angeles to only be an extra home game for their opponents.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 11:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I still can't help but laugh when they had a Chargers Linebacker mic'd up for our last playoff game with them. As Dalton threw an interception it was "Oh no, Andy, What are you doing?" In a game where everything went wrong for our Bengals, that still was pretty funny.

That was Eric Weddle I believe. I thought that was funny too. I basically started saying his name in the same tone every time he'd screw up too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 10:42 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I hate the Chargers.  

They are the scum-filled hive of AFL has-beens who need a bully beatdown. Justin Herbert needs to be intercepted and sacked multiple times.  

Most of my Charger-hate is because of Dan Fouts who the Bengals iced in the Freezer Bowl AFC Championship 40 years ago.  Ever since the Chargers lost to the Bengals, Fouts has been an insufferable boor.  

Whenever he was the television analyst covering a Bengals game I muted the TV and listened to Bengals Radio instead.  The fact that Dan Fouts is a first ballot Hall of Fame enshrinee and Ken Anderson is not makes me physically nauseous; not even Pepto-Bismol helps.  Dan Fouts hates the Bengals and let’s just say the feeling is mutual.

The San Diego Chargers are now the Los Angeles Chargers which proves California can’t keep a team in their nicest city and, instead, makes them share a stadium with the Rams in their worst city.  The Chargers will eventually end up in Oakland, St. Louis, or London — although I prefer Duluth or Fargo so they’ll be reminded of the Freezer Bowl every time they play at home.

I like the passion. This might be a locker-room worthy pregame speech. Down with the Chargers! Herbert isn't the NFL darling up and coming QB, it's supposed to be Burrow. Crush the Chargers this weekend. Joe
Reply/Quote
[Image: 61WsFim+cQL.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 11:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I still can't help but laugh when they had a Chargers Linebacker mic'd up for our last playoff game with them. As Dalton threw an interception it was "Oh no, Andy, What are you doing?" In a game where everything went wrong for our Bengals, that still was pretty funny.

(11-29-2021, 11:36 AM)jason Wrote: That was Eric Weddle I believe. I thought that was funny too. I basically started saying his name in the same tone every time he'd screw up too.

Good thing they have not had opposing defenders mic'd up this year.  Dalton never came anywhere as close to leading the league in interceptions as Burrow is this year (just one behind Tannehill)
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 11:53 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: 61WsFim+cQL.jpg]

Cry This speaks to my inner child who thought the Bengals were winning the 1988 - '89 Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 11:17 AM)grampahol Wrote: After all, what did Fouts ever accomplish that Kenny didn't? 

Break the NFL season record for passing yards every year for 3 years in a row ('79-'80).

I in no way think Fouts should be in the Hall instead of Anderson, but Fouts was part of a passing game that revolutionized the NFL and changed it forever.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 10:42 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I hate the Chargers.  

Most of my Charger-hate is because of Dan Fouts who the Bengals iced in the Freezer Bowl AFC Championship 40 years ago.  Ever since the Chargers lost to the Bengals, Fouts has been an insufferable boor.  

Whenever he was the television analyst covering a Bengals game I muted the TV and listened to Bengals Radio instead.  The fact that Dan Fouts is a first ballot Hall of Fame enshrinee and Ken Anderson is not makes me physically nauseous; not even Pepto-Bismol helps.  Dan Fouts hates the Bengals and let’s just say the feeling is mutual.

The San Diego Chargers are now the Los Angeles Chargers which proves California can’t keep a team in their nicest city and, instead, makes them share a stadium with the Rams in their worst city.  The Chargers will eventually end up in Oakland, St. Louis, or London — although I prefer Duluth or Fargo so they’ll be reminded of the Freezer Bowl every time they play at home.
I have lived LA my whole life and to say its the worst city? what are you smoking dude?

as for the Chargers, I thank god they existed in the 1990s and 2000s. With no LA Rams team anymore I would be able to get tix to a Bengals Chargers game ( a nice coastline 2 hr drive) from LA, goto Seau's bar for pregame drinks and food and then take a this awsome little trolly car to the game from a station right near the parking lot. The SD fans are great and I always had a great time down there...win or lose.
As for Fouts I agree with Toast.
As for the Herbert getting ass kicked? absolutely!
Reply/Quote