Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Consensus Top 9?
I've looked all around and studied a ton of mocks and it seems like the following guys are the top 9 in any order:

Garrett
Allen
Thomas
Adams
Fournette
Foster
Hooker
Howard
Lattimore

My question is this:

Is there any of those guys that you would HATE at #9? To me, as long as we get 1 of those guys, we are getting good value.
Reply/Quote
I don't want Howard at 9 (not a knock on him tho) I'd rather get someone at another position and roll with what we have at TE. Just don't see him making a big enough difference for us this year to be worth it. I want someone that will turn a weakness into a strength at 9 and improve our team this season.

I also love lattimore's talent and technique but think we should be good with what we have at CB. Plus his hamstrings worry me, don't need another 1st rounder who gets injured and misses his rookie year again.

I don't hate either player but don't want the positions they play to be our top 10 pick
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2017, 12:23 PM)leonardfan4 Wrote: I also love lattimore's talent and technique but think we should be good with what we have at CB. Plus his hamstrings worry me, don't need another 1st rounder who gets injured and misses his rookie year again.

I know someone at OSU who knows Lattimore, he was going into draft no matter where he was projected. Apparently there are some real concerns about his hamstring in his inner circle.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2017, 12:31 PM)Au165 Wrote: I know someone at OSU who knows Lattimore, he was going into draft no matter where he was projected. Apparently there are some real concerns about his hamstring in his inner circle.

Out of everyone, that is the guy that probably worries me the most about falling to the Bengals.  I don't think he would be as much help as the other guys.

Although, I don't see him getting out of the top 7.  Somebody is going to take a corner.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2017, 12:13 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I've looked all around and studied a ton of mocks and it seems like the following guys are the top 9 in any order:

Garrett
Allen
Thomas
Adams
Fournette
Foster
Hooker
Howard
Lattimore

My question is this:

Is there any of those guys that you would HATE at #9?  To me, as long as we get 1 of those guys, we are getting good value.

I would hate Lattimore, because we're loaded at CB.

I would hate Foster, as well.  We're solid at LB after signing Minter and Foster is highly overrated imo.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2017, 01:47 PM)Whatever Wrote: I would hate Lattimore, because we're loaded at CB.

I would hate Foster, as well.  We're solid at LB after signing Minter and Foster is highly overrated imo.

Kind of the same way I am thinking as well, but Foster keeps sneaking up on me.  I keep hearing from these "gurus" that he is the most NFL ready, safest pick in the draft.  Granted, that may be because he is a linebacker, but a lot of these guys have him as a top 5 guy.

I'm starting to lean away from a pass rusher at #9 because I don't think Barnett is the safe pick that everyone thinks he is.  The lack of explosiveness is very concerning, although he is outstanding with his hands.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2017, 01:51 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Kind of the same way I am thinking as well, but Foster keeps sneaking up on me.  I keep hearing from these "gurus" that he is the most NFL ready, safest pick in the draft.  Granted, that may be because he is a linebacker, but a lot of these guys have him as a top 5 guy.

I'm starting to lean away from a pass rusher at #9 because I don't think Barnett is the safe pick that everyone thinks he is.  The lack of explosiveness is very concerning, although he is outstanding with his hands.

Adams is a much safer pick than Foster, imo.  Foster is athletic, but his bad instincts show up on tape and his DL kept him clean to make up for it with his athletic ability.  

I'm not against a pass rusher at 9, but there's a significant dropoff after Garrett, Allen, and Thomas.  I don't see how anybody can say Barnett is a safe pick.  The guy doesn't have the physical tools to be a top shelf pass rusher in the NFL, and only has one move.  He could easily be a complete bust, and best case, a 7-9 sack guy.  Charlton is a safer pick for a 4-3.  If your looking for a boom/bust guy, McDowell has a much higher ceiling than Barnett, but a lower floor.  If the top three are gone, I think we should look at a different position and get a ***** rusher in 2 or 3.
Reply/Quote
I am completely disinterested in Foster as a prospect. He is said to have sideline to sideline speed but when I watch his games, he seems to be running for his life to catch up to a RB way too often. They say he's great against the run, but you see him hesitate to hit a gap very often as well. They say he's an every down backer, but he seems to be lost in zone coverage in several plays and can't keep up with a lot of TEs in man coverage. They say he's a big hitter but the guy is under 230 lbs. I don't even know how he's going to move even average sized backs, let alone the big guys. And how is he going to get around an athletic guard or center? Certainly not via brute strength.

I just don't see what people see in him at all.

He looks like a flashy player with all of his big hits on special teams but we need guys that will wrap up. I have had my fill of "big hitters." They rarely cause fumbles and can often grab personal fouls that only hurt the team.

I also am not thrilled with the idea of another CB...We already have 2 first round picks that are basically relegated to special teams and dime situations, as well as a very promising guy in Shaw who doesn't see nearly as much play as he should. Unless we cut Pacman (which we won't) I don't really want to see a premium pick spent on a CB in this draft.

And I've already mentioned how I feel about Hooker and Adams. I wish we could draft them, but we won't, even if they're there.

I think the pick comes down to Barnett (who I'm cooling on after his pro day), Charlton (who I still feel very good about despite others saying he's overrated), Davis and Ross. Or, if Howard or Allen falls to us, I'd be happy with either of them as well.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2017, 02:27 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I am completely disinterested in Foster as a prospect. He is said to have sideline to sideline speed but when I watch his games, he seems to be running for his life to catch up to a RB way too often. They say he's great against the run, but you see him hesitate to hit a gap very often as well. They say he's an every down backer, but he seems to be lost in zone coverage in several plays and can't keep up with a lot of TEs in man coverage. They say he's a big hitter but the guy is under 230 lbs. I don't even know how he's going to move even average sized backs, let alone the big guys. And how is he going to get around an athletic guard or center? Certainly not via brute strength.

I just don't see what people see in him at all.

He looks like a flashy player with all of his big hits on special teams but we need guys that will wrap up. I have had my fill of "big hitters." They rarely cause fumbles and can often grab personal fouls that only hurt the team.

I also am not thrilled with the idea of another CB...We already have 2 first round picks that are basically relegated to special teams and dime situations, as well as a very promising guy in Shaw who doesn't see nearly as much play as he should. Unless we cut Pacman (which we won't) I don't really want to see a premium pick spent on a CB in this draft.

And I've already mentioned how I feel about Hooker and Adams. I wish we could draft them, but we won't, even if they're there.

I think the pick comes down to Barnett (who I'm cooling on after his pro day), Charlton (who I still feel very good about despite others saying he's overrated), Davis and Ross. Or, if Howard or Allen falls to us, I'd be happy with either of them as well.

I wouldn't be so sure about Adams. The Bengals did have him in for a visit.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2017, 03:38 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I wouldn't be so sure about Adams. The Bengals did have him in for a visit.

Guenther stated that Williams could play Nickle LB, so I agree don't discount a safety.
Reply/Quote
I don't think there is a consensus top 9. I think there's probably a consensus 7 or 8.

Garrett
Allen
Thomas
Adams
Hooker
Fournette
Lattimore

After that, there's a big cluster*** of players that are in the next tier and everyone will debate fit.

That's why I'm hoping either two of the top 8 teams take QBs or the Bengals can trade down at least a few spots.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2017, 03:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't think there is a consensus top 9. I think there's probably a consensus 7 or 8.

Garrett
Allen
Thomas
Adams
Hooker
Fournette
Lattimore

After that, there's a big cluster*** of players that are in the next tier and everyone will debate fit.

That's why I'm hoping either two of the top 8 teams take QBs or the Bengals can trade down at least a few spots.

The draft is crazy, weird things always happen like a guy having pictures of himself in a bong gas mask come out as the draft starts dropping him out of the top 10 lol. Heck Eli Apple going in the top 10 last year was a bit of a shock.
Reply/Quote
I don't like Taco Charlton much from what I've seen on tape.

Doesn't seem that interesting.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
As much as I would hate to see us pick a CB AGAIN in the first. I don't see how everyone is saying we are set at that position, Same goes for LB. Who do we have at CB, Kirk who I think should have been the one player we let walk this year. The guy is average at best and not worth the money we gave him. Dennard has shown absolutely nothing. WJ3 is a complete unknown. In case your wondering why I haven't mentioned PAC Man yet is because there is no point. Adam Jones will be suspended at least 4 games if not the year. I'm not sure about the guy we picked up but we can assume he's no Hayden, Revis in their prime. Shaw showed some promise but the jury is still out on him.

The LB'er situation is far from a slam dunk. We have Burfict who manages to injure himself every game when he's not suspended. Vigil???? And now Minter. All it takes is for 1 of these guys to get hurt or suspended and the position looks aweful. I don't think we should take Foster off the board or any other LB in the early rounds.

I can't think of a single position on this team other than QB that we are "set" at. Hell even the K has questions. The few positions we think we are ok for now at are honestly just average or one injury away from being a disaster and could use some talent upgrade. So as much as I would hate a CB in the first, I would be mad but I would understand.
Reply/Quote
A video of Jamal Adams smoking a joint will come out the night of the draft and he will fall to the bengals at 9...Pro bowl player day 1
Reply/Quote