Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New England Offensive Line: Mind Blown!
(01-23-2018, 07:40 PM)whodey4life84 Wrote: Is this really a thread saying the Patriots line is so good because they block until the ball is gone? What an amazing concept. I bet no other team in the league teaches this.

My thoughts exactly.
I was like hmmm if I were an OL guy, I would maul until the whistle, don't care if the ball left the QB or not. I'm going at my assigned player 150% until he disengages and runs away from the direction of my QB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 05:06 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: My thoughts exactly.
I was like hmmm if I were an OL guy, I would maul until the whistle, don't care if the ball left the QB or not. I'm going at my assigned player 150% until he disengages and runs away from the direction of my QB.

.......and, if you do eff up, hit someone else. LMAO

Unfortunately, Ced missed that memo. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 05:06 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: My thoughts exactly.

That's the thing, smart, well coached linemen play to the end of the play.  That means getting downfield when on rushing and passing plays, once the ball has left the QB's hand of course.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote