Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Why I Like Bill Lazer...
(01-29-2018, 01:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: LMAO....why the hate?  I always like the smaller local dives over the chains.  Of course I've had that TDBLT.....but I love the coneys, the slaw dog, and the chili burrito supreme.  Most all of their sammies are good, plus they have onion rings.  

FWIW, I like Skyline over Gold Star.

YOU DA MAN!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 07:58 AM)Takedown Wrote: No, should I? lol. I know a lot of people here (or at least know of).

Speedy is his nickname. His real name is Elmer.

He's a buddy of mine. His daughter used to date my son.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 04:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Speedy is his nickname. His real name is Elmer.

He's a buddy of mine. His daughter used to date my son.

Hmm the name doesn't ring a bell. There are a lot of people here too that don't ever leave their work area. I meet someone new everyday too so lol.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 02:10 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Miss ……A&W

Y'know... I've never had A&W... I love the root beer and I actually used to work for a frozen food warehouse in Hebron, KY that stored numerous restaurant/fast food goods and A&W was one of their several customers. Never have seen one locally though. The last and ONLY A&W I have ever seen was in Gatlinburg, TN last year... We almost stopped and tried it, but we'll be back there this year so I'll have my chance.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Have an A&W right here in my small little town that's been here probably before I was born. It's only open 9 months a years because it's a drive-in, but do have a small dining area inside. Pretty cool place but a tad expensive. Food is always good though and their coney sauce is killer.
[Image: gallery_209_10_80948.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2018, 06:25 AM)Takedown Wrote: Y'know... I've never had A&W... I love the root beer and I actually used to work for a frozen food warehouse in Hebron, KY that stored numerous restaurant/fast food goods and A&W was one of their several customers. Never have seen one locally though. The last and ONLY A&W I have ever seen was in Gatlinburg, TN last year... We almost stopped and tried it, but we'll be back there this year so I'll have my chance.

If it's not a drive in, don't waste your time.  The new A&W is nothing like the old ones....

(01-30-2018, 08:21 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Have an A&W right here in my small little town that's been here probably before I was born. It's only open 9 months a years because it's a drive-in, but do have a small dining area inside. Pretty cool place but a tad expensive. Food is always good though and their coney sauce is killer.

My God, I haven't seen one of those in over 30 years.  I LOVED the one we had back home.  It's been a long time......do they still have the original A&W stand food, or is it this new shit you see thrown in with Long John Silvers?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2018, 06:25 AM)Takedown Wrote: Y'know... I've never had A&W... I love the root beer and I actually used to work for a frozen food warehouse in Hebron, KY that stored numerous restaurant/fast food goods and A&W was one of their several customers. Never have seen one locally though. The last and ONLY A&W I have ever seen was in Gatlinburg, TN last year... We almost stopped and tried it, but we'll be back there this year so I'll have my chance.

(01-30-2018, 08:21 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Have an A&W right here in my small little town that's been here probably before I was born. It's only open 9 months a years because it's a drive-in, but do have a small dining area inside. Pretty cool place but a tad expensive. Food is always good though and their coney sauce is killer.

(01-30-2018, 10:45 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: If it's not a drive in, don't waste your time.  The new A&W is nothing like the old ones....

My God, I haven't seen one of those in over 30 years.  I LOVED the one we had back home.  It's been a long time......do they still have the original A&W stand food, or is it this new shit you see thrown in with Long John Silvers?

They did a marketing renaissance/rehaul here in Canada, the past 3 years and they are MUCH better as a result.

I don't eat fast food often at all (MAYBE once a month, if I'm lucky lol), but in Calgary, to try and save on the cost of food, I would always use meal coupons that we'd get in the mail and A&W was the most prominent and plentiful coupon stack that came in.

They are absolutely delicious and the root beer is still as incredible as it always was. The oil doesn't taste old/unfresh, the chicken is beautiful (only eat chicken) breast meat/clean mince and their fries are great too, not to mention the cajun salt stuff... superb.

Last ate it though when I moved back to Toronto, in July (we had the coupons so it was our lunch and dinner {and breakfast once!} for most of the trip)... I miss it! lol and there are even a bunch of locations all around me...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

When I was a kid (born in 62) we used to go to a rootbeer stand in Franklin.  POretty sure it was an A&W.  We usually just went there for ice cream treats, but the thing I remember is that you could get rootbeer in paper cartons.  They were probably just 32 ounces, but back then the "large" drink in a fast food restaurant or convenience store was probably only 20 ounces.
Reply/Quote
I live in Orlando. There are Skylines in Naples, Ft Lauderdale, and Clearwater. I try and make up reasons to go to these cities for work or whatever. I eat Skyline 3 times in a weekend when we go down to Ft Lauderdale
Reply/Quote
I sure do miss those days! I grew up a farm boy in NW Ohio and going to A&W was an event. Maybe once or twice a year we go to the "big" city and stop at one. 
We finally got a Sonic here, I took the kids when it opened and I thought it was garbage....
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 01:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You're just trying to be different. Chili snob.  Mellow

Blue Ash chili has better burgers than Chili, Skyline FTW.
Reply/Quote
There is an A&W in Zanesville OH I hit when going that direction for work. Great food but make sure 30 to 45 minutes later you are near a restroom or you'll regret it.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

There used to be one off the Lawrenceburg exit off 275 in Indiana when i was a kid. Whenever we'd go to my dad's friends house, we'd stop and eat and get a couple gallons of rootbeer. 

yum

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2018, 10:45 AM)Wyche Wrote: My God, I haven't seen one of those in over 30 years.  I LOVED the one we had back home.  It's been a long time......do they still have the original A&W stand food, or is it this new shit you see thrown in with Long John Silvers?

I grew up in my small city of Union City, OH. The picture I attached is our actual A&W. This stand has been there since I remember being a little kid. So at 50yrs old, its been there awhile. As far as the menu, I don't think it has changed either. Although, the owners have it up for sale so when/if they sell, it may change at that time. They have been running it since the beginning.
(01-30-2018, 11:52 AM)fredtoast Wrote: When I was a kid (born in 62) we used to go to a rootbeer stand in Franklin.  POretty sure it was an A&W.  We usually just went there for ice cream treats, but the thing I remember is that you could get rootbeer in paper cartons.  They were probably just 32 ounces, but back then the "large" drink in a fast food restaurant or convenience store was probably only 20 ounces.

Yes, you still get it like that here.

(01-30-2018, 12:33 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I sure do miss those days! I grew up a farm boy in NW Ohio and going to A&W was an event. Maybe once or twice a year we go to the "big" city and stop at one. 
We finally got a Sonic here, I took the kids when it opened and I thought it was garbage....

It good food thats for sure which is why much more expensive.

(01-30-2018, 03:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There used to be one off the Lawrenceburg exit off 275 in Indiana when i was a kid. Whenever we'd go to my dad's friends house, we'd stop and eat and get a couple gallons of rootbeer. 

yum

We stop in for rootbeer more than we stop to eat. They still sell it by the gallon as well.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2018, 04:34 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I grew up in my small city of Union City, OH. The picture I attached is our actual A&W. This stand has been there since I remember being a little kid. So at 50yrs old, its been there awhile. As far as the menu, I don't think it has changed either. Although, the owners have it up for sale so when/if they sell, it may change at that time. They have been running it since the beginning.

We stop in for rootbeer more than we stop to eat. They still sell it by the gallon as well.

Dude.....that's close to my inlaws.  I'm hitting that up this spring. :andy:

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2018, 04:34 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I grew up in my small city of Union City, OH. The picture I attached is our actual A&W. This stand has been there since I remember being a little kid. So at 50yrs old, its been there awhile. As far as the menu, I don't think it has changed either. Although, the owners have it up for sale so when/if they sell, it may change at that time. They have been running it since the beginning.

Mike, if I may ask, is Union City on the way to Cincinnati, if you're heading south down the I-75? Or close to the highway?

I would REALLY like to try it...
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2018, 07:45 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Mike, if I may ask, is Union City on the way to Cincinnati, if you're heading south down the I-75? Or close to the highway?

I would REALLY like to try it...

It's not horribly far off the interstate. About 35 miles straight west of Piqua, OH.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 07:48 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: It's not horribly far off the interstate. About 35 miles straight west of Piqua, OH.

Hmm... that seems tempting lol.

Thank you, I'll try and incorporate it into my lans, the next time I come down :)
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 07:48 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: It's not horribly far off the interstate. About 35 miles straight west of Piqua, OH.

Sounds like a good ride on the old man's Street Glide..... :andy:

Reply/Quote
I like Bill Lazor cuz he has a cool name. Sam Spade. Mike Hammer. Bill Lazor. Could be an alternate career as a hard boiled detective in the 40's if the coaching thing doesn't work out.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote