Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Why I Like Bill Lazer...
(01-12-2018, 01:53 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Ok, I've eaten both in all 3 of my trips to the city; they are vitually identical, with Skyline having the edge, IMO.

And trust me, I used to eat chili twice a week, for about 3 years straight; I've had the Mediterranean-style (Goldstar/Skyline), Tex-Mex style (usual), Mexican-style (pure meat), hundreds of times each; Goldstar and Skyline are vitually identical.

True which is why I go Skyline...  in my Town the gold star looks dirty and ran down. so I don't go there.   plus I like the burritos and such skyline offers
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 02:07 AM)McC Wrote: You got that right.  Would love to know just how heated things got.

Didn't you hear, Lazor put Alexander in a rear naked choke hold because he wouldn't share his cookies!!! No lie.... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 01:49 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I only go to Skyline when I want some watered down chili. Personally I don't like my coneys soggy.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8600134]

(01-12-2018, 01:53 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Ok, I've eaten both in all 3 of my trips to the city; they are vitually identical, with Skyline having the edge, IMO.

And trust me, I used to eat chili twice a week, for about 3 years straight; I've had the Mediterranean-style (Goldstar/Skyline), Tex-Mex style (usual), Mexican-style (pure meat), hundreds of times each; Goldstar and Skyline are vitually identical.

Says the Canuck.  Whatever

(01-12-2018, 02:43 PM)Takedown Wrote: If there was a way to give negative rep, you would be back to 0 Ninja

Finally, someone who knows their chili.  ThumbsUp

(01-12-2018, 02:44 PM)Takedown Wrote: Camp Washington Chili >

Unfortunately I never had them, but I always heard good things. They'd have trouble beating Skyline's chili burrito (chili-bean mix with no sour cream) and a couple coney's with no onion. You also have to hit the right Skyline, too. The ones in downtown Covington and near the highway are the 2 best locations, IMO.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 01:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You're just trying to be different. Chili snob.  Mellow

Well, it's the best, so....... Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Chili twice a week? Either your plumber loved you for the work or hated you... LMAO
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 02:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Says the Canuck.  Whatever

Unfortunately I never had them, but I always heard good things. They'd have trouble beating Skyline's chili burrito (chili-bean mix with no sour cream) and a couple coney's with no onion. You also have to hit the right Skyline, too. The ones in downtown Covington and near the highway are the 2 best locations, IMO.

You know I'm right Wink

And yes, the only Skyline I've EVER eaten at, is the one in Covington, right before getting on the I-75, to head back home.

So. Damn. Delicious.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 02:54 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Chili twice a week? Either your plumber loved you for the work or hated you... LMAO

lol mainly ate Stagg and Puritan (which I don't think is sold anymore... the best canned Chili in Canada, bar none), plus my dad would sometimes make the Med-style and he would also make Tex-Mex too.

Then my sister would make her vegan chili (NOT chock full of veggies; the same as Tex-Mex, save for faux meat), which is damn delicious too.

But I never had an issue going to the toilet, EVER Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 12:00 AM)McC Wrote: I like him because he threw the water on the wicked witch.

(01-12-2018, 01:58 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: For that alone, Bill Lazor should get a key to the city and have a statue erected outside of PBS. Bill Lazor...Cincinnati legend. Free Skyline for life.

No doubt, dude might of saved this team even if he is not a great OC.

I know Lazor is better than Zamp, that is for sure and we will see how much better with a good O-line coach in Pollack
and an entire Offseason to perfect his playbook and scheme. We add some good Lineman and this Offense could go from
the worst to one of the best in one year.

Need to get a Star Wars gif in here shooting Lazers
Reply/Quote

Similar but not identical.  I find Gold Star runnier with slightly different spices.

Dixie Chili and Camp Washington are also similar - but I liked the Camp Washington Chili the best.

My first exposure to Mediterranean -style chili was at a place called "The New York System" in East Providence RI.   When I was 18 I worked in the maintenance department of a jewelry factory.  We'd to the NY System every payday and see who could eat the most coneys.

I did 21 one time and won the prize. 

It was a long afternoon and a longer evening. 

I stayed in the background after that
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 02:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8600134]

https://browsingtheatlas.com/2012/09/24/our-cincinnati-chili-blind-taste-test/

Blind taste test, and this was the result.

Quote: It was unanimous: we all picked Gold Star.  
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 02:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8600134]

Oh yeah... I make a great pot of homemade chili passed down a couple generations. Delicious. I know my chili. Cool

I work right next to Camp Washington Chili at Meyer Tool so I eat there at least once a week. They get a ton of business and are a tiny bit dirty inside sometimes, but the chili is delicious and they do try to keep up with cleaning (great staff).

I used to live in Hebron before moving to Anderson Township. The Skyline when you get off of exit 8A in Hebron, KY was always spot on. I haven't had Skyline in a minute, but I want to go to the one on Beechmont Ave. It's supposed to be really nice plus its new/modern look to it.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 03:11 PM)3wt Wrote: Similar but not identical.  I find Gold Star runnier with slightly different spices.

Dixie Chili and Camp Washington are also similar - but I liked the Camp Washington Chili the best.

My first exposure to Mediterranean -style chili was at a place called "The New York System" in East Providence RI.   When I was 18 I worked in the maintenance department of a jewelry factory.  We'd to the NY System every payday and see who could eat the most coneys.

Rep!
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 03:11 PM)3wt Wrote: Similar but not identical.  I find Gold Star runnier with slightly different spices.

lol that's AWESOME!!!!!
Reply/Quote
We need a f***ing Skyline's here, God dammit.

Who wants to go into business with me and open our own damn Skyline's? You cover the investment costs and risks, you provide the money and credit, and I'll help eat the chili. :thumsup:
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 03:22 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: lol that's AWESOME!!!!!

It is now... after 46 years and rectal surgery Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 11:57 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: My offensive coordinator....Bill Lazor

Our new mascot

[Image: .view_image.UNC13.TPR.610.F.453.604.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 10:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Our new mascot

[Image: .view_image.UNC13.TPR.610.F.453.604.jpeg]

Lazor, not Blazer. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 02:53 PM)Wyche Wrote: Well, it's the best, so....... Mellow

Is not.  Tongue

(01-12-2018, 02:56 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You know I'm right Wink

And yes, the only Skyline I've EVER eaten at, is the one in Covington, right before getting on the I-75, to head back home.

So. Damn. Delicious.

My favorite location, great building, and I've never had a bad meal there. That's the one I visit every time I come home to visit family.

(01-12-2018, 03:13 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: https://browsingtheatlas.com/2012/09/24/our-cincinnati-chili-blind-taste-test/

Blind taste test, and this was the result.

Their taste buds must be blind then.

(01-12-2018, 03:19 PM)Takedown Wrote: Oh yeah... I make a great pot of homemade chili passed down a couple generations. Delicious. I know my chili. Cool

I work right next to Camp Washington Chili at Meyer Tool so I eat there at least once a week. They get a ton of business and are a tiny bit dirty inside sometimes, but the chili is delicious and they do try to keep up with cleaning (great staff).

I used to live in Hebron before moving to Anderson Township. The Skyline when you get off of exit 8A in Hebron, KY was always spot on. I haven't had Skyline in a minute, but I want to go to the one on Beechmont Ave. It's supposed to be really nice plus its new/modern look to it.

I like the one in Hebron, too. Although I've only been a couple times. I lived in Burlington for a few months after I got back from Ft. Jackson.

I'm going to have to try Camp Washington at some point, but it seems places like that rarely match the hype...although some do (like Anchor Grill).

Anyone remember Bronco's Chili in downtown Covington? They used to serve up chili dogs with 2 hot dogs in each bun. Great place back in the day.

(01-12-2018, 05:17 PM)PhilHos Wrote: We need a f***ing Skyline's here, God dammit.

Who wants to go into business with me and open our own damn Skyline's? You cover the investment costs and risks, you provide the money and credit, and I'll help eat the chili. :thumsup:

Man if they had a Skyline up here in Michigan, I'd keep them in business by myself.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 11:16 AM)Big Boss Wrote: The offensive line played better in the last couple of weeks of the season due to a change in personnel and scheme.  Many attribute those changes to Lazor.  

If that is the case, then Lazor basically gambled against Paul Alexander and won.  

Changes that were an obvious must since the first week of the season. 90% of us were begging for those changes since the beginning.

Once again, it's very sad that the vast majority of the fans know better than the coaches. Happens far too often with this team  Whatever Kudos to Lazor for convincing Marv to to open his damn eyes and got overriding Paul Alexander's stupid @$$ 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 09:04 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Come on Shake, we all know that Goldstar is better.

Said NO ONE....
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote