Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I believe Shazier wasn't flagged
(01-17-2016, 11:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Let it go, man. 

Every single opinion a person gives doesn't have to be 100% wrong or 100% right. 

[Image: super%20salty_zpsg4vqom2u.jpg]

Oh no...just sharing to end this thread.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
Illegal hit. Obvious even to the NFL. What else are they going to say.

Burfict would have been called 100% of the time on that hit.
Reply/Quote
Not for nothing, but I watched shazier make several tackles in the denver game in which he again lead with his helmet. He is either going to start getting noticed and fined for that, or he will start suffering concussions.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 11:14 AM)Beaker Wrote: Not for nothing, but I watched shazier make several tackles in the denver game in which he again lead with his helmet. He is either going to start getting noticed and fined for that, or he will start suffering concussions.

Those were legal, but like I said in the gameday thread, his brain is going to be mush.  I help coach my son's team, and if we see that we pull you out so we can explain what you did wrong.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 11:19 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Those were legal, but like I said in the gameday thread, his brain is going to be mush.  I help coach my son's team, and if we see that we pull you out so we can explain what you did wrong.

I didnt say anything about legal or illegal, just observed that he did it more often than I thought after paying attention to his tackling style in another game. If he doesn't correct it, it will come back to haunt him at some point.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 11:26 AM)Beaker Wrote: I didnt say anything about legal or illegal, just observed that he did it more often than I thought after paying attention to his tackling style in another game. If he doesn't correct it, it will come back to haunt him at some point.

Well you were remarking on his legal hits and saying he was going to get noticed and fined.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 11:28 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well you were remarking on his legal hits and saying he was going to get noticed and fined.

Meaning if he keeps leading with his helmet, sooner or later he will hit someone illegally (or the refs will see it as illegal) and he'll get both flagged and fined. You can't continue to hit that way and not eventually screw up.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 05:29 PM)Beaker Wrote: Meaning if he keeps leading with his helmet, sooner or later he will hit someone illegally (or the refs will see it as illegal) and he'll get both flagged and fined. You can't continue to hit that way and not eventually screw up.

Got it

Reply/Quote