Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I don't want Marvin back (and you shouldn't either
It seems like most people want Marvin Lewis gone, yet we get so many wishy washy posts such as, well he has a winning record, it could be worse, look at us before he came here..

my take: As Del Rio said upon his release: I understand it's a results drive league. You're right Jack, except in Cincinnati where anything resembling even poor results can net you an extension, we'll know more in the next few days. As an aside, Caldwell got canned from the Lions with a better win % than Marvin here.

CONTROL: Poor old Marvin doesn't have enough control, Mike has too much, but if only Marvin had control then things would be so much different. Even if he didn't want Ross, he still should have played him, same for OL guys on bench.

my take: This one's a real hot button for me, as nobody, and I mean nobody knows exactly how much "control" who has. Marvin can't handle coaching, so you want him to take on more responsibility? Seriously?

Halftime adjustments: Do you know the Bengals scored exactly ZERO 2nd half points in four games this year, only 3 in 3 games, 7 in 3 more games, ten in two more games, for a grand total of 50 2nd half points in twelve of our games this year? Abysmal.

Game preparation and dumb looks: How can you suck so badly in your first 2 home games, after a season to prepare? Sure , we beat the Ravens in our last game, but our first game we failed to score a single point AT HOME. The dumb looks and stupid press conferences are reason enough to replace the guy not to mention clock management that goes with them. Penalty in the 4th quarter against the Bengals for 12 men on defense, the 12th man walked right past Marvin while he stared blankly at the field, while saying nothing to Bell, please, please replace Dusty, I mean Marvin; and DO IT NOW!!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 02:30 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: It seems like most people want Marvin Lewis gone, yet we get so many wishy washy posts such as, well he has a winning record, it could be worse, look at us before he came here..

my take: As Del Rio said upon his release: I understand it's a results drive league. You're right Jack, except in Cincinnati where anything resembling even poor results can net you an extension, we'll know more in the next few days. As an aside, Caldwell got canned from the Lions with a better win % than Marvin here.

CONTROL: Poor old Marvin doesn't have enough control, Mike has too much, but if only Marvin had control then things would be so much different. Even if he didn't want Ross, he still should have played him, same for OL guys on bench.

my take: This one's a real hot button for me, as nobody, and I mean nobody knows exactly how much "control" who has. Marvin can't handle coaching, so you want him to take on more responsibility? Seriously?

Halftime adjustments: Do you know the Bengals scored exactly ZERO 2nd half points in four games this year, only 3 in 3 games, 7 in 3 more games, ten in two more games, for a grand total of 50 2nd half points in twelve of our games this year? Abysmal.

Game preparation and dumb looks: How can you suck so badly in your first 2 home games, after a season to prepare? Sure , we beat the Ravens in our last game, but our first game we failed to score a single point AT HOME. The dumb looks and stupid press conferences are reason enough to replace the guy not to mention clock management that goes with them. Penalty in the 4th quarter against the Bengals for 12 men on defense, the 12th man walked right past Marvin while he stared blankly at the field, while saying nothing to Bell, please, please replace Dusty, I mean Marvin; and DO IT NOW!!!!

Completely agree Rob, if Marv is back i don't think i will even care anymore.

There is no reason to have any hope if he is back. He has shown what he is, the worst 2nd half coach of all time and the
worst playoff HC of all time. The players will have less inspiration then this year if he is back. We will just continue to get
worse and worse and waste the talents of our players.

I am not buying anymore Bengals gear if Marv and PA are back, this is all i know.
Reply/Quote