Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Justin Herbert looked good today vs. Burrow
I am talking stats wise here not pure QB play wise.

The basic reason was.....blocking. He got some pressure off the edges but the interior both gave him a pocket and let the Chargers run effectively. He threw a REALLY bad pick and also blew a easy play by literally trying to hand off to nobody but the big difference was protection.

Imagine if we actually gave Burrow a pocket?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
And the ability to run. They ran for nearly 200 yards I believe.
Reply/Quote
Why make things up?

Herbert has been sacked twice and pressured all day.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 08:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why make things up?

Herbert has been sacked twice and pressured all day.

No he hasn't been. Sorry, he had 2 sacks but neither one had defenders barreling in unblocked. Some outside pressure but little to none inside. 
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 08:39 PM)Joelist Wrote: No he hasn't been. Sorry, he had 2 sacks but neither one had defenders barreling in unblocked. Some outside pressure but little to none inside. 

Okey Dokey

Reply/Quote
Is this a game we have to play for the next ten to fifteen years? Is it at all possible they both could be good, without one being a reflection of the other? This is such a goofy thing people do.

I truly despise this current societal craze of having to pick everyone and everything apart all the time.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Can we get us a Butker? Just drilled 2 58 yard FG’s in a row lol

Reply/Quote
Also, one of those was the literally hilarious play where he turned in the wrong direction to hand the ball off. He also threw an INT into triple coverage for no real reason; then again Burrow did the comical shovel pass INT.

My point was that stat wise Herbert looked better and the reason was he actually got blocking and had a pocket. Burrow played better football in terms of smarts and awareness but with no pocket and defenders constantly flying in unblocked he had a far tougher assignment.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 08:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can we get us a Butker? Just drilled 2 58 yard FG’s in a row lol

Wasn't it three? One for the false start, one for the time out and the one that counted right?
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 08:39 PM)Joelist Wrote: No he hasn't been. Sorry, he had 2 sacks but neither one had defenders barreling in unblocked. Some outside pressure but little to none inside. 

According to ESPN... 
Burrow got 8 QB Hits against him in Week 2. 
Herbert got 7 QB Hits against him Week 2.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 08:42 PM)McC Wrote: Is this a game we have to play for the next ten to fifteen years?  Is it at all possible they both could be good, without one being a reflection of the other?  This is such a goofy thing people do.

I truly despise this current societal craze of having to pick everyone and everything apart all the time.
Yes.

The SD kid looked good especially after being forced into action after the starter got "hurt" in warm ups.

But we as a forum always try to slight the other guy. I remember all the CP9 > Big Ben. I remember all the Andy > Cam talk.

In every instance we look to poke holes in the opponent. I have faith that JB is going to help the Bengal fan stop that and just be able to say: "Our QB is better"

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 08:48 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: According to ESPN... 
Burrow got 8 QB Hits against him in Week 2. 
Herbert got 7 QB Hits against him Week 2.

I saw both games. They must have real weird definitions for things because Herbert wasn't really touched that much and Burrow got hammered. Herbert also had an actual pocket to operate in. 
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 08:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can we get us a Butker? Just drilled 2 58 yard FG’s in a row lol

And made the 53 before them
Reply/Quote
How about the fact that the terrible chargers team we were supposed to crush took the Super Bowl champions to OT...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote

No shit. 53, 58, 58. boom boom boom

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Also, I did NOT say Herbert was better - I said Burrow is the better QB to me but Herbert got better stats because of actually having blocking.
Reply/Quote
Lol..... I hope this doesn't become a thing.

Burrow offensive line is the worst in the league all while producing a should be game winning drive in week 1. As well as a 300 yard 3 TD performance in his week 2 start.

We have our QB going forward. I'd rather trade all of our assets to protect the man.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 08:51 PM)maclanta Wrote: How about the fact that the terrible chargers team we were supposed to crush took the Super Bowl champions to OT...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t read too much into it. Divisional games are different. Chargers play them tough most times.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 08:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes.

The SD kid looked good especially after being forced into action after the starter got "hurt" in warm ups.

But we as a forum always try to slight the other guy. I remember all the CP9 > Big Ben. I remember all the Andy > Cam talk.

In every instance we look to poke holes in the opponent. I have faith that JB is going to help the Bengal fan stop that and just be able to say: "Our QB is better"

Yep

I'm hoping JB's career is a marathon, not a sprint. 
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 08:53 PM)Joelist Wrote: Also, I did NOT say Herbert was better - I said Burrow is the better QB to me but Herbert got better stats because of actually having blocking.

Herbert wasn't playing the Chargers D either
Reply/Quote