Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Justin Herbert looked good today vs. Burrow
(09-20-2020, 08:48 PM)Joelist Wrote: Wasn't it three? One for the false start, one for the time out and the one that counted right?

The first one was 53. But he hit a 58 earlier in the game too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 08:56 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I wouldn’t read too much into it. Divisional games are different. Chargers play them tough most times.

Fair... but I think the chargers are a better team than our fans were willing to admit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Burrow led drives that put up 30 points.

Herbert led drives that put up 20 points.

Burrow had the better stat...
Reply/Quote
Who cares? Burrow's our QB.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Even if a re-draft were possible I would still take Joe Burrow over Justin Herbert.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 09:02 PM)maclanta Wrote: Fair... but I think the chargers are a better team than our fans were willing to admit

Probabaly, but let’s not forget that we almost beat the Ravens last year. 17-23 at M&T... division games are weird man.
Reply/Quote
Hebert has a better line and a better defense... better coach perhaps too.

Burrow could put up 40 no problem with those things.

I think Herbert will look similar to Josh Allen and have a good career.

Reply/Quote
Didnt the Chargers have like 150 yards rushing and were leading through a large chunk of the game?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 08:51 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And made the 53 before them

He also drilled another 58 yarder earlier in the game.

It seems to be a real ***** to find a top notch kicker, judging by how many teams don't have one.  Guys have been early round picks and gone up in flames.  Other guys get cut again and again and then turn into ten year kickers. 

Yeah you sit around most of the time, but when you're up, all eyes are on you and if you blow your assignment, the whole world sees it.  I guess it must be hard to know if a college kid is gonna be able to stand up to that.  I doesn't usually come down to having enough leg or not.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 08:31 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: And the ability to run. They ran for nearly 200 yards I believe.

Balance on offense...
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 08:30 PM)Joelist Wrote: I am talking stats wise here not pure QB play wise.

The basic reason was.....blocking. He got some pressure off the edges but the interior both gave him a pocket and let the Chargers run effectively. He threw a REALLY bad pick and also blew a easy play by literally trying to hand off to nobody but the big difference was protection.

Imagine if we actually gave Burrow a pocket?

If you going to single him out for bad plays.. lets be fair.. Burrow has a terrible pick and a couple WTF also.. I was impressed with  Herbert.. remember he is not the starter so not getting the same reps at all as Taylor.. to come off the bench and perform well bodes high for him.. we will see how it goes but I was high on him coming out of college and just like Burrow he showed promise with making mistakes..
Reply/Quote
Well he was already ahead of Burrow after the injury today to Burrow and Herbert hitting another 300 yard passing day... Herbert is pretty much a lock on ROY if he does not get hurt
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 08:53 PM)Joelist Wrote: Also, I did NOT say Herbert was better - I said Burrow is the better QB to me but Herbert got better stats because of actually having blocking.

Herbert is lighting it up today....just saw him drill  a TD to Keenan Allen. He is real deal...Chargers got a great QB and at least I have a couple of decent teams to watch here in LA now that Burrow is shelved. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:11 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Herbert is lighting it up today....just saw him drill  a TD to Keenan Allen. He is real deal...Chargers got a great QB and at least I have a couple of decent teams to watch here in LA now that Burrow is shelved. 

He is doing well impressed.with how he throws on the run
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:06 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well he was already ahead of Burrow after the injury today to Burrow and Herbert  hitting another 300 yard passing day... Herbert is pretty much a lock on ROY if he does not get hurt

And that makes you reaaaaaaaaaaly happy. 

Giddy, even. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:00 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: And that makes you reaaaaaaaaaaly happy. 

Giddy, even. 

Amazing a article on ROY in the NFL thread but we have to total homer on Burrow is the only choice and not actually discuss other players.. So am I happy that Burrow got hurt.. of course not.. if i actually wanted Burrow to get hurt, why in the world would i know Season Tickets and still buy Bengal apparrel. but I am still going to discuss performance of Burrow vs other QBs  yes... 
Reply/Quote
Interesting takes on the rookies this year.. Burrow did make a next gen stat ... Herbert has really exceeded expectations so far this year.

https://www.nfl.com/photos/next-gen-stats-compelling-figures-for-top-offensive-rookies#114cd812-ad68-430d-b63a-abf84952ef53
Reply/Quote