Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Marvin Finally Got Sacked
From the time Marvin Lewis was hired by Cincinnati in 2003 through the 2017 season, the Bengals managed to either sweep the Cleveland Browns or win one of two games against the Browns. 2018 was the first season in Marvin’s era that the Browns swept both games — and that sealed Marvin’s fate. Mike Brown loathes Cleveland because of what they did to his father on January 9, 1963. That’s the day Art Modell fired Paul Brown.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:46 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: From the time Marvin Lewis was hired by Cincinnati in 2003 through the 2017 season, the Bengals managed to either sweep the Cleveland Browns or win one of two games against the Browns.  2018 was the first season in Marvin’s era that the Browns swept both games — and that sealed Marvin’s fate.  Mike Brown loathes Cleveland because of what they did to his father on January 9, 1963.  That’s the day Art Modell fires Paul Brown.

Lose to the Steelers eight or nine out of every ten times, oh well.  Get swept by the Browns, pack yer shit and go.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:57 PM)McC Wrote: Lose to the Steelers eight or nine out of every ten times, oh well.  Get swept by the Browns, pack yer shit and go.

LMAO!! Right!!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:46 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: From the time Marvin Lewis was hired by Cincinnati in 2003 through the 2017 season, the Bengals managed to either sweep the Cleveland Browns or win one of two games against the Browns.  2018 was the first season in Marvin’s era that the Browns swept both games — and that sealed Marvin’s fate.  Mike Brown loathes Cleveland because of what they did to his father on January 9, 1963.  That’s the day Art Modell fires Paul Brown.

And it's why Hue will never be HC.  He went to Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:57 PM)McC Wrote: Lose to the Steelers eight or nine out of every ten times, oh well.  Get swept by the Browns, pack yer shit and go.

Somehow, losing to the Steelers was acceptable. 
Reply/Quote
I was gonna add some rep to a few of these post cause they made me laugh, but it won't let me for some reason, still thanks for the laughs. and to be honest losing to the Squeelers as much as we have shoulda been cause long ago too! Specially after our last playoff game against them!!! GAWD I was PO'd
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 10:01 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: And it's why Hue will never be HC.  He went to Cleveland.

That is a good point Bonnie.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I don't think that had anything to do with it in fact if Marvin wanted to be here he probably would be here. Marvin finally admitted to himself that he can't finish the job.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
There needs to be a new rule that involves no use of Marvin Lewis in any thread after we hire a new coach. I want to forget that era, except for a few years.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 10:09 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: That is a good point Bonnie.

It was Sunset's point originally, and he totally convinced me.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 10:03 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: Somehow, losing to the Steelers was acceptable. 

Only to Mike Brown though. Too bad he's been the one that counts on that stuff.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 10:11 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I don't think that had anything to do with it in fact if Marvin wanted to be here he probably would be here.  Marvin finally admitted to himself that he can't finish the job.

This. It was mutual. But have fun

Reply/Quote

lol
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:46 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: From the time Marvin Lewis was hired by Cincinnati in 2003 through the 2017 season, the Bengals managed to either sweep the Cleveland Browns or win one of two games against the Browns.  2018 was the first season in Marvin’s era that the Browns swept both games — and that sealed Marvin’s fate.  Mike Brown loathes Cleveland because of what they did to his father on January 9, 1963.  That’s the day Art Modell fired Paul Brown.

was it also the first year we finished in the basement of the division since his hire?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:46 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: From the time Marvin Lewis was hired by Cincinnati in 2003 through the 2017 season, the Bengals managed to either sweep the Cleveland Browns or win one of two games against the Browns. 2018 was the first season in Marvin’s era that the Browns swept both games — and that sealed Marvin’s fate. Mike Brown loathes Cleveland because of what they did to his father on January 9, 1963. That’s the day Art Modell fired Paul Brown.

Agreed. I said that during the game thread for the second Cleveland game, praying to everything holy that getting swept would finally get Marvin out of here. I’m sure it wasn’t the main reason but it likely played a part.

Mike clearly doesn’t mind getting his s**t pushed in by Pittsburgh, but Cleveland? I think he finally saw enough after that.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 10:01 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: And it's why Hue will never be HC.  He went to Cleveland.

He's also no good at it... So there's that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:23 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: was it also the first year we finished in the basement of the division since his hire?

Didn’t we finish dead last in 2008 and 2010?
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:25 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Didn’t we finish dead last in 2008 and 2010?

2008    we finished 4-11-1  Browns where 4-12  so we were 3rd place

2010  we were last....   I think that was marvins lame duck year.   And then the lockout at the end of the season prompt mike brown to bring him back as a new coach couldn't met anyone that offseason or marvin probly was out the door in 2010.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 10:21 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: It was Sunset's point originally, and he totally convinced me.

And I completely stand behind the point about why I think Hue Jackson was not going to be selected as our next HC.  Hue Jackson had his opportunity to stick around, and wait for the day when Marvin Lewis either stepped away, or was pushed from his position.  Jackson instead, opted to jump ship for not only the in-State rival team, but the city and team that the Brown family loathes.  I'm completely convinced that the Management allowing Marvin to bring Hue in for the rest of this past season, was completely promoted and supported by Marvin Lewis.

Then, once Hue was here, it became very apparent that he had no real future here.  In the first meeting, we have a Cleveland defender handing Hue an intercepted ball.  In the second meeting, we have Baker Mayfield trolling up and down the Bengals sideline, eyes glared on Hue Jackson.  Nevermind the stigma of Hue Jackson being a losing HC, he brought shame and embarrassment to the team, simply by being present on the sideline.

I have no personal issues with Hue Jackson, I hope and believe that he will find another job in the NFL.  As far as the Bengals and Hue go?  That road has reached it's end.  Sometimes it's best to just make a clean break, for all parties involved.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
There is somewhat of a history that attendance is a factor also. Didn't Coslett get canned because attendance tanked.
Reply/Quote