Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Marvin Finally Got Sacked
> Why Marvin Finally Got Sacked

Was it for the same reason other people on the team got sacked? Our garbage Oline? Ninja

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 01:10 PM)Goalpost Wrote: There is somewhat of a history that attendance is a factor also.  Didn't Coslett get canned because attendance tanked.

I would be mistaken, but didn't both Coslett and Lebeau both quit?
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 03:18 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I would be mistaken, but didn't both Coslett and Lebeau both quit?

Coslet definitely resigned....but I think LeBeau was fired.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Hue kind of optimized the notion of one team, the Clevlanatti Browngals.  The Cinciland Benowns never quite rhymed enough.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:57 PM)McC Wrote: Lose to the Steelers eight or nine out of every ten times, oh well.  Get swept by the Browns, pack yer shit and go.

Ha, i guess this could be it. Also makes it impossible for Hue to even be anywhere near this team after what he did.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 01:49 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: > Why Marvin Finally Got Sacked

Was it for the same reason other people on the team got sacked? Our garbage Oline?  Ninja

That was awesome. :andy:
Reply/Quote
Since Marvin finally had to clean out his office I wonder if Chad got his soccer ball back.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 03:31 PM)grampahol Wrote: Hue kind of optimized the notion of one team, the Clevlanatti Browngals.  The Cinciland Benowns never quite rhymed enough.. 

Clevelannati Bengowns sounds less racist.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 10:18 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: There needs to be a new rule that involves no use of Marvin Lewis in any thread after we hire a new coach. I want to forget that era, except for a few years.

Eight years later people are still droning on about what a poopie-headed meenie Carson was to leave this organization in the rearview.  So no, the kvetching about Merv will never end.  It's what we do.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 06:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Clevelannati Bengowns sounds less racist.

Aw, c'mon Phil, if they decided to merge baseball teams we could have the Clevelannati Redindians..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:46 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: From the time Marvin Lewis was hired by Cincinnati in 2003 through the 2017 season, the Bengals managed to either sweep the Cleveland Browns or win one of two games against the Browns. 2018 was the first season in Marvin’s era that the Browns swept both games — and that sealed Marvin’s fate. Mike Brown loathes Cleveland because of what they did to his father on January 9, 1963. That’s the day Art Modell fired Paul Brown.

But that team is the Ravens now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 01:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And I completely stand behind the point about why I think Hue Jackson was not going to be selected as our next HC.  Hue Jackson had his opportunity to stick around, and wait for the day when Marvin Lewis either stepped away, or was pushed from his position.  Jackson instead, opted to jump ship for not only the in-State rival team, but the city and team that the Brown family loathes.  I'm completely convinced that the Management allowing Marvin to bring Hue in for the rest of this past season, was completely promoted and supported by Marvin Lewis.

Then, once Hue was here, it became very apparent that he had no real future here.  In the first meeting, we have a Cleveland defender handing Hue an intercepted ball.  In the second meeting, we have Baker Mayfield trolling up and down the Bengals sideline, eyes glared on Hue Jackson.  Nevermind the stigma of Hue Jackson being a losing HC, he brought shame and embarrassment to the team, simply by being present on the sideline.

I have no personal issues with Hue Jackson, I hope and believe that he will find another job in the NFL.  As far as the Bengals and Hue go?  That road has reached it's end.  Sometimes it's best to just make a clean break, for all parties involved.
Totally agree.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 01:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And I completely stand behind the point about why I think Hue Jackson was not going to be selected as our next HC.  Hue Jackson had his opportunity to stick around, and wait for the day when Marvin Lewis either stepped away, or was pushed from his position.  Jackson instead, opted to jump ship for not only the in-State rival team, but the city and team that the Brown family loathes.  I'm completely convinced that the Management allowing Marvin to bring Hue in for the rest of this past season, was completely promoted and supported by Marvin Lewis.

Then, once Hue was here, it became very apparent that he had no real future here.  In the first meeting, we have a Cleveland defender handing Hue an intercepted ball.  In the second meeting, we have Baker Mayfield trolling up and down the Bengals sideline, eyes glared on Hue Jackson.  Nevermind the stigma of Hue Jackson being a losing HC, he brought shame and embarrassment to the team, simply by being present on the sideline.

I have no personal issues with Hue Jackson, I hope and believe that he will find another job in the NFL.  As far as the Bengals and Hue go?  That road has reached it's end.  Sometimes it's best to just make a clean break, for all parties involved.

You nailed this one SSB. It's not only what you wrote, but also the fact that Hue refused to accept any of the blame for Browns failures over the past few years. After he was fired he rolled off a litany of excuses and none of it involved his own failures. 
One thing Marvin didn't do was to try to blame anyone else for his shortcomings as a head coach. Hue on the other hand blamed everyone but himself. I'm kind of amazed he ever got a job back in PBS after that. Personally I think Marvin felt sorry for his old friend, but he couldn't help him from cutting his own throat in the long run. Marv will still have plenty of opportunities to coach in the league. Hue I think is done.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote