Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Not Atkins?
This may have already come up...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/12/with-need-at-safety-rams-sign-eric-weddle/

With Tupou down?

I think Daniels played just fine and doesn't have the rust...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 02:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: This may have already come up...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/12/with-need-at-safety-rams-sign-eric-weddle/

With Tupou down?

I think Daniels played just fine and doesn't have the rust...

I don't think Geno ever passed a physical or he would be playing somewhere. Besides, like you said, Daniels has been playing on the practice squad, is in shape, and will do just fine. 
Reply/Quote
There was speculation by some of the media folks that Geno may have quietly just retired. Just fading away would be a very Geno action. He didn't like the attention; he didn't like talking to the media.

If you look at his Instagram, he isn't acting like someone who is looking for a job. No videos of workouts or anything to show he is still engaged in the NFL season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 02:05 PM)pally Wrote:  Just fading away would be a very Geno action.  He didn't like the attention; he didn't like talking to the media.

This.

He had a child born pre-mature last year during the season.  Geno is the kind of guy who can easily give up the fame of the NFL and concentrate on his family.

Plus he was almost invisible when he did play last year.  Only one tackle for the entire season.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 02:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

He had a child born pre-mature last year during the season.  Geno is the kind of guy who can easily give up the fame of the NFL and concentrate on his family.

Plus he was almost invisible when he did play last year.  Only one tackle for the entire season.

in his prime was one of the most outstandign IDL ever...but now its obviously over. I wish him well and Mike Daniels actually looked solid and basically brings a in a good Vet presence and dare I say a better leader then Geno was. 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 02:52 PM)kalibengal Wrote: in his prime was one of the most outstandign IDL ever...but now its obviously over. I wish him well and Mike Daniels actually looked solid and basically brings a in a good Vet presence and dare I say a better leader then Geno was. 

I saw Daniels make a couple of tackles against the Browns, but he sucked hard last year and did not even play in our first 16 games this year.  

I hope we see Shelvin at NT and Wren at DT before we see Daniels get any snaps.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 03:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I saw Daniels make a couple of tackles against the Browns, but he sucked hard last year and did not even play in our first 16 games this year.  

I would agree there on seeing what the yougins can do...I like Daniels Vet presence in D line room
Reply/Quote
I was Geno was still on this team healthy. He seems like the kind of guy that would have fit the culture and he def would have had more left in the tank. He deserved this season.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 03:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I saw Daniels make a couple of tackles against the Browns, but he sucked hard last year and did not even play in our first 16 games this year.  

Maybe my eyes deceived me but Shelvin looked fat, slow, and over powered. He also took some plays off and just stood there. On the other hand, Daniels had some very nice plays once the game got going. I thought he missed his gaps a couple times on runs to start the game.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 03:35 PM)Mer Wrote: Maybe my eyes deceived me but Shelvin looked fat, slow, and over powered. He also took some plays off and just stood there. On the other hand, Daniels had some very nice plays once the game got going. I thought he missed his gaps a couple times on runs to start the game.

Nope. They didn’t deceive you. He looked like crap. Daniels thoroughly outplayed him. That said, Shelvin is a lot younger and more raw. Definitely needs another year of development.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 03:48 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Nope. They didn’t deceive you. He looked like crap. Daniels thoroughly outplayed him. That said, Shelvin is a lot younger and more raw. Definitely needs another year of development.

Yep, and playoff games are not the time for development. Go with the wily vets, and Daniels is coming in with all the knowledge and fresh legs.
Reply/Quote
Daniels is quality depth now. Shelvin's time will come. If we weren't talking playoffs I'd rather see Shelvin in there.
Reply/Quote