Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So last night, I watched last years Titans @ Bengals game
Bengals 31-20 on a pretty windy day

Starting OL
LT Adeniji - first career start . . . 1st a T And-then-a-G or Adeni-OG
LG Shaq Calhoun - Spain replaced him on the third Bengals drive after 1/2 of a Friday practice and a walk through on Saturday
C Price
RG Redmond
RT Fred Thompson

0 sacks

Clowney came in untouched on the 1st drive(Calhoun missed assignment) but Burrow Houdini'd his way into a hard fought 1 or 2 yard dump off to Perine.

Did I say Houdini? His 3rd quarter scramble for 7 yards might be the most amazing scramble I've seen a Bengal QB escape. The only bad thing on the play was he needed 10 yards but . . . WOW! That was incredible.

Mixon was out and Bernard and Perine combined for 25 carries and 92 yards. Burrow had 9 yards on 3 carries, Boyd had 9 yards and Higgins had 5 yards, both had 2 carries each

I think that this was the game that got Jonathon Joseph cut the next day, picked up by Arizona for 4 games and called it quits. It was the final start of his career. Higgins and Tate were just too physical for him and Boyd's TD was on him but Burrow made a perfect throw.

2nd quarter with about 4:45 left - Adam Archuleta as the PBP announcer was praising Burrow "Speaking of advanced rookies, I love how Tee Higgins, how he uses his hands to catch the football. Pay attention to that detail, it's a lot of fun to watch."

On a sign of things to come with Spain, on Gio's 11 yard TD run at the end of the 1st half, Adeniji and Spain double teamed Simmons and Adeniji peeled off to seal off the inside at the 5 pretty much untouched while Spain pushed Simmons inside along the 11 yard mark when Gio crossed the goal line. The 2nd one to get to Gio was Spain, who was engaged with Simmons 6 yards behind Adeniji when Gio scored, yet still beat him into the camera frame to congratulate Gio.

Starting Defense
LDE Bledsoe - Dunlap traded just before this game
DT Covington
DT Daniels - DJ Reader was out for the season two games prior
RDE Lawson

LB Bynes
LB Pratt

CB WJ III
CB Sims
CB Alexander
SS Bell
FS Bates

Henry 18 rushes for 118 yards and a TD
Corey Davis torched WJ III and Sims for 128 yards and a TD on 8 catches

1st drive ended on a Bates INT in the end zone and the 2nd drive ended in a missed 53 yard FG attempt that had plenty of distance but hit the right upright.

Wilson got his first career sack on a slight delayed blitz but it was a great read because his man stayed in to block the blitzing Bell. No one beat their man but Wilson's awareness got him in untouched before Tannehill could get to his 2nd read.

Here's the youtube link for the highlights

And for shits and giggles, here's today's victory

Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Yeah I had thought of this game on the build up to this one. I remember it really felt like they didn't get a lot of pressure. But what a difference a year makes. 0 sacks to 9 sacks. Glad we got the W.
Reply/Quote
Both videos are unavailable argh
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:12 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Both videos are unavailable argh

They should still be straight links to YouTube like these
2020 week 8
2021-2022 Divisional Round Playoff
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote