Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
"Why Not Us?" -- well, a few reasons...
I think the reason it might not be us is the AFC is simply stacked. The Bills are on paper scary good and better than us. I think the Chiefs are better. The AFC West... I mean any team there could go on a playoff run. It's a battle royale in the AFC this year. I think our division is underrated too.

I'm just hoping we solidify over the course of the season and become one of the contenders again. With how stacked the AFC is, the playoffs will be an absolute gauntlet. I'd like the AFC postseason this year to something like a lottery, with a very high purchase price on the ticket. I.e. Most of the teams who make it in will have a great shot at a Super Bowl, but to get in you're gunna have to be very good.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 08:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Biggest thing for me is they are still not doing job one:  Protect Joe.  Maybe it was on Joe, too....holding the ball way too long.  1, 2, ball is out!  Not, 1, 2, 3, **** arm, get sacked, fumble, etc.  

If Joe has more games like this, he will not stay healthy.  They need to know their foe and if they came out with a non-sexy run first and run second and hit their guys on 5 yard patterns to move the chains and AVOID HITS AND TURNOVERS against a team you are 100% better than, you win that game going away.

SAME SCENARIO this weekend!!!  Learn from history.  Play ball control and defense and let your defense win the game for you and have your offense protect Joe and not turn the ball over.  I can forgive it this week.  If  you do the same GD thing again next week and lose to another turd QB...

and even 4.....5 get sacked

I love Joe and his never say die attitude. And you can't take that away from him, however.....

Somebody needs to sit down and have a long talk with him about living for another down. You have to accept that sometimes the defense is just winning the play. Throw the ball away or get a couple yards and slide, and slide early. You can't win the game one play in the 1st qtr.

And int's aside it did seem they were underprepared for this game, Super Bowl hangover ? Read to many newspapers ?

The Oline ? here's to hoping it was just 1st game chemistry not always being good/playing a very good D.

I hope to see a way different game next week.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote