Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why? Please tell me why Dalton is starting...
(12-18-2019, 02:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Dalton isn't great but he looks like a total abortion in this system.  Finley isn't ready and probably won't ever be that good, but again he looked like he didn't even belong in the NFL in this system.  I can't imagine Joe Burrow is going to look as good as he should if we just roll with the system we have right now...I'm already ready for it.

We went into this season "knowing" that Dalton could get back to his 2015 form and ZT was going to be the one to revitalize his career.  Now we are sure he's beyond done as a starting QB and QB is our biggest need.  Wacky.

I've seen teams do more than Marvin with lesser QBs than Dalton and Palmer and I've seen teams do more than ZT with much lesser QBs than Dalton (maybe not so much Finley).  We have 1 damn win.  Our system is crap.  Not saying we should keep Dalton, but he seems like he's should still be better than a 1-win QB.

its why this system cant be in place next year... Bring in Burrow and his passing game coordinator... Drop Zac and Brian...
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 03:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: its why this system cant be in place next year... Bring in Burrow and his passing game coordinator... Drop Zac and Brian...

That makes sense, but it seems like ZT had a hard time bringing in a decent coaching staff in his first year...I'm not sure going 1-15 and firing said coaches after 1 year is going to make it more likely that we attract better coaches this time around.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 03:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It seems like the locker room and the players wanted Dalton on the field, too.  We can't brag up how much "NO QUIT!" this team has and then get upset when they actually want the QB who has shown SOME ability to win to be the one under center.

I understand that but the season is over, might as well see what Dolegala has and make sure we get that first pick.

My thoughts anyways.

But I definitely understand the other point in starting the best QB who is Dalton at this point. No players like to lose.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 04:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That makes sense, but it seems like ZT had a hard time bringing in a decent coaching staff in his first year...I'm not sure going 1-15 and firing said coaches after 1 year is going to make it more likely that we attract better coaches this time around.

Burrow is the only draw for a new coach.

That said, we all know the Bengals won't fire Zac.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 09:54 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Makes absolutely no sense to me why Andy Dalton is starting the last 2 games.  Can someone please explain this logic to me (I know insert stupid Bengal organization comment here)?  Seriously though...

The season is over, there is nothing to gain except for evaluation of your football team.  The Bengals have just about secured the 1st overall pick of which Joe Burrow is a no-brainer.  Findley has proven that he's not capable, so why not give Dolegala a shot to see if he can be the #2 QB behind the future franchise QB? 

In the end does it really make a difference who is the starting QB for these last two games? You're not going to get any different result whether its Dalton, Finley, or Dolegala out there.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 09:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Burrow is the only draw for a new coach.

That said, we all know the Bengals won't fire Zac.

Maybe if we get swept by the Browns again...

How long is Taylor’s contract for anyway?

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 02:52 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: In the end does it really make a difference who is the starting QB for these last two games? You're not going to get any different result whether its Dalton, Finley, or Dolegala out there.

Yes it makes a difference because they are not getting to see what they have in Dolegala.  This is the perfect time to assess his ability to possibly be the back up QB of the future.  Not mopping up in the 4th preseason game against players that aren't making rosters.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 09:54 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Makes absolutely no sense to me why Andy Dalton is starting the last 2 games.  Can someone please explain this logic to me (I know insert stupid Bengal organization comment here)?  Seriously though...

The season is over, there is nothing to gain except for evaluation of your football team.  The Bengals have just about secured the 1st overall pick of which Joe Burrow is a no-brainer.  Findley has proven that he's not capable, so why not give Dolegala a shot to see if he can be the #2 QB behind the future franchise QB? 

I would love to see Dolegala play, but the Bengals are likely still hoping to get something for Dalton in a trade.  This potential draft pick is more important than giving a start to a guy that has been running the scout team and not getting our offensive reps.  
Reply/Quote
I've been debating how to say this for awhile now. This thread is as good as any.
Dalton is starting because, well, it doesn't f***ing matter. No offense to the OP, but every time I start to read a thread about what can be done to make this team better, maybe if we draft burrow and address the OL in FA, maybe the draft will be better this year, etc etc

My heart sinks.

This FO isn't going to do ANYTHING substantive this offseason. It's not that they're deluded. They just don't care about winning. They care about the money, and making it with the least amount of fuss and bother possible. The ONLY game Brown cares about winning with even the slighteset degree of urgency is the Browns games. Maybe that's why Dalton is starting. To beat the Browns at least once.

Fred's posts about the moves the Bengals made a couple of years ago, and their average success rate no longer apply. Whatever ember there was to spark some kind of desire to win left with Marvin Lewis. Mike Brown is back with a vengeance, and the other family members don't appear to care enough to override him. Or maybe they're fully on board. Who knows? Maybe the snide comments about Katie's looks and the nepotism of the others have jaded them to point where they only care about the money?

All I can say is look at their actions.

Since Marv left, no coherent plan to build a team, no real action in FA, Ski trips during the trade period when the team could have stockpiled some picks for this offseason, just a bunch of utter bullsh** from them. And now Zac is throwing his team under the bus? At least Marv always said "WE have to do better"! Even when Marv was here, supposedly we build through the draft and retain our own. Where's Whitworth? Where's Zeitler? Where's Joseph (still playing at a high level)? Total nonsense. Always a hole left in the team to exploit. Looks deliberate to me. Sorry Centers for years. Linebacker corps sub par. Set up to fail?

Where does that leave me? Do I need to post in the Jungle Noise any more? Because I gotta tell ya. I'm bitter. No I don't enjoy it. I don't like being played, and that is what is happening here. I'm a fan of all Bengals fans. I'm a fan of all the players, and wish them the best. This goddamn family? Not so much. The staff (outside of Simmons). Not really. So, am I a fan of the Bengals anymore?

Maybe not. Becasue at this point, I just don't care. Start Dalton, start Dolegada, start me. Who GAF?

SHOW ME. If they show me something, maybe I'll care again. Otherwise, I'll probably lurk, seeing if there is any good news. Today, 12/19/2019, all I've got is venomous apathy... . Probably best if I don't post...

PS. Merry Christmas!
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 04:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That makes sense, but it seems like ZT had a hard time bringing in a decent coaching staff in his first year...I'm not sure going 1-15 and firing said coaches after 1 year is going to make it more likely that we attract better coaches this time around.

Firing Taylor after one horrible season won't affect attracting coaches because every coach knows that if you only win one game you are done.

The team has so turned off the fans that not firing Taylor is likely to be much worse than letting him go. It doesn't matter who they draft cause no one has any confidence that Taylor can coach.

There's no reason to believe Taylor will have an easier time finding good coaches this off season. He was turned down a lot last off season.

Compare Taylor to a coaching staff of Rivera as HC, Gruden as OC and Del Rio as DC. Now that would be a coaching staff that would bring instant credibility to the team and we'd see much better drafting, if the front office could stay out of the way.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 12:53 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Firing Taylor after one horrible season won't affect attracting coaches because every coach knows that if you only win one game you are done.

The team has so turned off the fans that not firing Taylor is likely to be much worse than letting him go. It doesn't matter who they draft cause no one has any confidence that Taylor can coach.

There's no reason to believe Taylor will have an easier time finding good coaches this off season. He was turned down a lot last off season.

Compare Taylor to a coaching staff of Rivera as HC, Gruden as OC and Del Rio as DC. Now that would be a coaching staff that would bring instant credibility to the team and we'd see much better drafting, if the front office could stay out of the way.

I agree.  I'm operating under the prospect that ZT stays (because I'm almost sure he will) and the assistant coaches are fired.  Ideally, ZT would be supported by legit veteran assistants, but if we didn't get them in 2019 I'm not seeing why they'd want to show up in 2020.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 12:53 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Firing Taylor after one horrible season won't affect attracting coaches because every coach knows that if you only win one game you are done.

Man, I wish they would go with that plan Chris. 

Would go a long way in bringing fans back and FA's would want to come here.

Maybe if we get swept by the Browns this has a chance of happening.

Seems like the only time Mikey has had enough is when we are losing to the Browns.

Officially rooting for the Browns for the first time ever against us in a couple weeks.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 02:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Man, I wish they would go with that plan Chris. 

Would go a long way in bringing fans back and FA's would want to come here.

Maybe if we get swept by the Browns this has a chance of happening.

Seems like the only time Mikey has had enough is when we are losing to the Browns.

Officially rooting for the Browns for the first time ever against us in a couple weeks.

Yep. If the team gets to 3 wins the chances are high at they're not going to be drafting #1.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 02:35 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yep. If the team gets to 3 wins the chances are high at they're not going to be drafting #1.

Picked the Bengals to beat the Dolphins, yeah I agree.

Need to lose to the Stains.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 02:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Picked the Bengals to beat the Dolphins, yeah I agree.

Need to lose to the Stains.

No, no, no

Lose to the Phins, BAD. Take all the mystery out of it. We lose we're locked in. Then just beat the dog crap out of the Browns !
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 02:52 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: In the end does it really make a difference who is the starting QB for these last two games? You're not going to get any different result whether its Dalton, Finley, or Dolegala out there.

I'd love to see Dolegala, but stuff like this seems to be a big deal to the players.  I guess I could relate to it if someone told me "Hey, some people you don't know think it would be interesting to see what would happen if we made your job harder and possibly still fired you over your performance!"
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 03:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd love to see Dolegala, but stuff like this seems to be a big deal to the players.  I guess I could relate to it if someone told me "Hey, some people you don't know think it would be interesting to see what would happen if we made your job harder and possibly still fired you over your performance!"

Me too

Dress Dolegala these last two games and put him out there for last couple series. Especially if it's 30-6 or something late.

Teams don't need more tape of Dalton at this point, everybody knows just what he is.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 03:32 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Me too

Dress Dolegala these last two games and put him out there for last couple series. Especially if it's 30-6 or something late.

Teams don't need more tape of Dalton at this point, everybody knows just what he is.

I'd love to see Dolegala, but I also know there is a 90% chance he's going to look like he doesn't even belong in the NFL thanks to the fact that he's an undrafted rookie in a lousy system and throwing the ball to XFL WRs.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 02:49 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: No, no, no

Lose to the Phins, BAD. Take all the mystery out of it. We lose we're locked in. Then just beat the dog crap out of the Browns !

Usually I would agree man but like I said for some reason the only time Mikey has had enough and starts firing somebody
is when we lose to the Stains. Just think we are a touch better than the Dolphins and the stats say so even if the record 
does not. I want us to lose out though so as you say we are locked in for that #1 pick and get Burrow.
Reply/Quote

the right head coach can get the guys he wants.....

McCarthy has a team lined up.
Im sure Rivera will have plenty of names to contact.

Coglin (for front office probly) is available but if the players associate is against him it might make free agents even harder to get lol.

McCarthy with the #1 pick sounds pretty good.  (but i think a downside for here is he has haslett on his crew)

Just interested to see.  we got to turn it around next season  or getting talent to come in outside of the draft will get harder and harder without overpaying
Reply/Quote