Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why RB additions important
Elijah Collins of Oklahoma State and Noah Cain of LSU added. Bengals have said they would like a college RB to make the team and add to the stable of RB's with Mixon gone. Probably which one of these guys can step up on special teams. There is a spot on this team for a RB out of college that can be a back-up and help out on special teams. So we can't assume these two are just practice squad horse meat to be cut before season, Bengals have said they could use a college guy added to the RB squad. Both these guys from big time college programs come in at heavy weight boxer size around 6 feet tall and 200 pounds. 2 Big RB's. If one of these guys can step on on Special Teams in camp the way Bengals Eric Ball use to make tackles and blocks, there is a roster spot for a RB like that with Mixon gone and back-ups moving up.

With that said, looks like good draft all around. Go Bengals....BACK TO THE SUPER BOWL

Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2024, 12:46 PM)kevin Wrote: Elijah Collins of Oklahoma State and Noah Cain of LSU added.  Bengals have said they would like a college RB to make the team and add to the stable of RB's with Mixon gone.  Probably which one of these guys can step up on special teams.  There is a spot on this team for a RB out of college that can be a back-up and help out on special teams.  So we can't assume these two are just practice squad horse meat to be cut before season,  Bengals have said they could use a college guy added to the RB squad.  Both these guys from big time college programs come in at heavy weight boxer size around 6 feet tall and 200 pounds. 2 Big RB's.  If one of these guys can step on on Special Teams in camp the way Bengals Eric Ball use to, there is a roster spot for a RB like that with Mixon gone and back-ups moving up.

With that said, looks like good draft all around.  Go Bengals....BACK TO THE SUPER BOWL

Tiger  Who Dey  Tiger

Elijah Collins I don't think makes the team. 
Dude played 6 years of college football between Michigan St and Oklahoma St, amassing under 2000 yards from scrimmage across those 6 seasons.
This was across 50 games.
Only 4.3 YPC in college, which typically will go down in the NFL.
He's ok athletically, but one has to really wonder why he couldn't get more production if he is actually NFL-caliber.

Noah Cain is also extremely unlikely to make the team.
Dude is slow as dirt.
Cain performed terribly in athletic drills while being only 222 lbs. He played 230+ in college.

Right now, the stable is looking like Moss, Brown, Williams, and Evans.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd be shocked if either make the roster. I could see them on the practice squad
Reply/Quote
I think Noah Cain bounces Evans. People here sometimes overrate speed from a RB - it is actually far more important to have the RB get you plus yards especially inside - as in breaking tackles and driving forward. A power runner - and Cain is exactly that.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2024, 03:00 PM)Joelist Wrote: I think Noah Cain bounces Evans. People here sometimes overrate speed from a RB - it is actually far more important to have the RB get you plus yards especially inside - as in breaking tackles and driving forward. A power runner - and Cain is exactly that.

This makes me feel better, didn't like hearing that Cain is as slow as dirt as Ochocincos says, but we were both really high on Estime 
and he is no burner. We need a power runner, Cain could be this for us. If there was one complaint I had about the Draft it was no RB
and the UDFA's besides McNamara seem very underwhelming to me. Maybe Cain is the answer as a power runner for us.

Moss is a very good short yardage Back but he is a pretty small RB.

Would be nice to have some size at RB.
Reply/Quote
It's going to be really hard for udfas outside of punter to make this team.
Reply/Quote
Don't even know about the punter. That 87 yd punt looked like 25-30 yard bounce the right direction and with a mini tornado at his back wasn't it? His average is only about 3-4 yards better than Robbins from what I remember seeing.
Reply/Quote
I think the running backs from last year's practice squad were much better, and they're still on the offseason roster.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2024, 12:27 AM)dxdtdemon Wrote: I think the running backs from last year's practice squad were much better, and they're still on the offseason roster.

I thought we would be a target destination for any UDFA RBs that were any good considering we didn’t draft one.

Really surprised we could only come away with these two.

I’m usually not a hard sell. The homer in me kicks in real hard as soon as these guys become Bengals. But damn man. This is an ugly batch of UDFA RBs.

There will be options to improve the RB position available when everybody has to cut down to 53. If we are worried about our depth after camp. That’s when we should be looking to grab somebody that got cut.
Reply/Quote
While the Falcons are currently doing stupid things, call them up to see if they'll trade Tyler Allgeier for a 2025 3rd since they already have Bijan Robinson.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2024, 01:29 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: While the Falcons are currently doing stupid things, call them up to see if they'll trade Tyler Allgeier for a 2025 3rd since they already have Bijan Robinson.

I like Allgeier but that seems expensive considering the guys we passed up in the 4th. There were only 4 RBs picked by the time we took a major risk reward gamble on a TE who isn't currently healthy in the fourth round. We had our choice of a lot of good looking RBs right there.

If we need one that bad we should be able to get something decent for a lot cheaper than that if we are giving up a draft pick.

Somebody in management likes "The Professor" Trayveon, he keeps coming back. I've been a fan since he led the SEC in rushing and we stole him in Zac's first draft class. Makes me wonder if he taught Mckinnley? Either way, I think if he keeps doing what he has been doing he keeps his roster spot. With Brown and Moss over him. Evans has kick return ability. Some combination of Evans, Trayveon, Jones, and Irwin will probably be our leading PR KR I'd imagine.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2024, 03:10 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I like Allgeier but that seems expensive considering the guys we passed up in the 4th. There were only 4 RBs picked by the time we took a major risk reward gamble on a TE who isn't currently healthy in the fourth round. We had our choice of a lot of good looking RBs right there.

If we need one that bad we should be able to get something decent for a lot cheaper than that if we are giving up a draft pick.

Somebody in management likes "The Professor" Trayveon, he keeps coming back. I've been a fan since he led the SEC in rushing and we stole him in Zac's first draft class. Makes me wonder if he taught Mckinnley? Either way, I think if he keeps doing what he has been doing he keeps his roster spot. With Brown and Moss over him. Evans has kick return ability. Some combination of Evans, Trayveon, Jones, and Irwin will probably be our leading PR KR I'd imagine.

People like to remember Geno Atkins being a 4th round gem, but since then in the 4th round the Bengals have drafted....

Charlie Jones
Cordell Volson
Cameron Sample
Tyler Shelvin
D'Ante Smith
Akeem Davis-Gaither
Ryan Finley
Renell Wren
Michael Jordan
Mark Walton
Carl Lawson
Josh Malone
Ryan Glasgow
Andrew Billings
Josh Shaw
Marcus Hardison
Russell Bodine
Sean Porter
Orson Charles
Clint Boling

You got a solid above average starter in Clint Boling there, a couple okayish players like Carl Lawson and Russell Bodine, and then a sea of backup role players, bad players, and not-has-beens-but-never-weres. In 20 tries.

We should be picking in the 28-32 range of the 3rd round in 2025. We overvalue our picks, which seems silly considering we have the smallest scouting department in the NFL and we're not particularly good drafters. Not saying this because of the RB spot right now, just in general. We should be more open to giving up picks for players.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2024, 01:03 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I thought we would be a target destination for any UDFA RBs that were any good considering we didn’t draft one.

Really surprised we could only come away with these two.

I’m usually not a hard sell. The homer in me kicks in real hard as soon as these guys become Bengals. But damn man. This is an ugly batch of UDFA RBs.

There will be options to improve the RB position available when everybody has to cut down to 53. If we are worried about our depth after camp. That’s when we should be looking to grab somebody that got cut.

Yeah, usually there is someone there I am really excited about, not this year so far.

(05-01-2024, 01:29 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: While the Falcons are currently doing stupid things, call them up to see if they'll trade Tyler Allgeier for a 2025 3rd since they already have Bijan Robinson.

Not a bad trade for a proven RB who is bigger than both Zack Moss and Chase Brown. 
Reply/Quote
I'll be rather surprised if Evans makes the team. It seems they may be ready to roll with just 3, Moss, Brown, and Williams. I'd say it's a really long shot for those two to make the 53, PS probably.

They'll probably be watching the waiver wire at cut down day.
Reply/Quote
Like the 2022 WR depth and 2023 TE room I am worried about the Running Back group. One injury away at an often injured group from Treveyon Williams seeing significant carries...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote