Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Votto's been just killin it..
Abigail of course..
Remember the little girl who was heart broken when Votto got tossed in the first inning a few months back? 
Well read on. https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/joey-votto-stats-boosted-by-young-fan

Ever since that day he's been tearing up the league..

Thanks to Dear Abby.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Maybe it's Maybelline, maybe it's when he started taking P.E.D.'s.. Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2021, 01:00 AM)grampahol Wrote: Abigail of course..
Remember the little girl who was heart broken when Votto got tossed in the first inning a few months back? 
Well read on. https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/joey-votto-stats-boosted-by-young-fan

Ever since that day he's been tearing up the league..

Thanks to Dear Abby.. 

Good article. Thanks for posting.

Reply/Quote
Tatis is clearly the NL MVP. But he has missed a lot of time due to injury and has now been moved to the outfield. If he can't stay healthy and the Reds make the playoffs Votto could be NL MVP.

Votto is currently 2nd in HR and SLG% behind Tatis, and 5th in RBI and OPS. Most of the other guys with great stats are playing for teams that won't make the postseason (Bryce Harper, Juan Soto)

BTW has anyone noticed that former Red Adam Duval is just 1 RBI short of leading the National league?
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2021, 11:38 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Tatis is clearly the NL MVP.  But he has missed a lot of time due to injury and has now been moved to the outfield.  If he can't stay healthy and the Reds make the playoffs Votto could be NL MVP.

Votto is currently 2nd in HR and SLG% behind Tatis, and 5th in RBI and OPS.  Most of the other guys with great stats are playing for teams that won't make the postseason (Bryce Harper, Juan Soto)

BTW has anyone noticed that former Red Adam Duval is just 1 RBI short of leading the National league?

Even if he does stay healthy, if the Padres end up a 3rd place non-playoff team, voters take that seriously so it might be in doubt. Same reason why Harper will probably have no chance (no playoffs AND no 100+ RBI which voters take seriously as well).

It's why Mike Trout doesn't have even more MVPs. His team was 3rd in 2015, so despite having a better year than Josh Donaldson, they gave Donaldson the MVP because his team went to the postseason.

If the Reds can sweep the Brewers in this series, that'd give them a huge boost to winning the division. If Votto can even get semi-close to Tatis' numbers and the Reds win the division and the Padres miss the playoffs? Votto wins MVP.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote