Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Was the Perine 3rd and 1 Not Reviewed ?
It certainly appears to have been a first down and a very bad spot by these refs. Why did the NFL not review it? I'm sorry, but like for many of you, this has been a difficult day for me as I've had a chance to reflect how very close we were to making this first SB win happen. I could name off a half a dozen things, where if just ONE of them had gone the Bengals ways, they win. Every one went against us. I just have a very bitter taste in my mouth about this game . I do not buy into the scripted or rigging conspiracies at all. However, I was left with just some shitty and odd vibes about this one. I bet each of you could make a list of at least four or five things, where if one of them goes our way we probably win.

Start here: The Perine run on 3rd and 1.. looked like a first down. Referees obviously felt otherwise. Why was it not reviewed?
Reply/Quote
It looked way short to me.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 12:35 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It looked way short to me.

same
Reply/Quote
He was short. It probably was looked at, and decided quickly that it was short.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 12:36 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: same

Gotcha. Liskow on Locked on Bengals said it was clearly a first down. Said no question about it.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 12:40 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Gotcha.  Liskow on Locked on Bengals said it was clearly a first down. Said no question about it.

whoever that is, he's prob just emotional and still coping
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 12:45 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: whoever that is, he's prob just emotional and still coping

He does the podcast on locked on bengals (they are fantastic by the way) He’s not usually an emotional person. He was at the game and when he rewatched it, is when he saw and felt it was a first down. I for one have stayed away from watching any of the game plays, so I have no idea.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 12:49 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: He does the podcast on locked on bengals (they are fantastic by the way) He’s not usually an emotional person. He was at the game and when he rewatched it, is when he saw and felt it was a first down. I for one have stayed away from watching any of the game plays, so I have no idea.

I watch him and Rapien all the time. It's sports illustrated podcast... Liskow was 100% emotional in that after game. You could see it on his face and hear it in his voice. He's never like that... He definitely felt like most of us do..
Reply/Quote
Jake Liskow(Locked on Bengals Podcast):

" Simaje Perine DID get that first down. I didn't see this in the stadium. But I did see the replay on Twitter and I can't believe that play wasn't reviewed."
Reply/Quote
It was close. I don’t think he quite got the first, but the spot was horrible. Was 4th and inches at worst imo.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 12:57 AM)Tony Wrote: I watch him and Rapien all the time. It's sports illustrated podcast... Liskow was 100% emotional in that after game. You could see it on his face and hear it in his voice. He's never like that... He definitely felt like most of us do..

I agree, Tony.  I watch all their podcasts and Jake is really, really good. He was a mess after this one. Frustrated, angry, devastated. Very atypical for him. This rocked him.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 01:02 AM)Pezmerga Wrote: It was close. I don’t think he quite got the first, but the spot was horrible. Was 4th and inches at worst imo.

Was the NFL wrong in not reviewing it? A few inches could have made the difference.
Reply/Quote
I didnt think he got it but he was much closer than they spotted the ball.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 01:05 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Was the NFL wrong in not reviewing it? A few inches could have made the difference.

Yea I mean, I think it definitely had an impact. 4th and inches changes things a lot.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 12:57 AM)Tony Wrote: I watch him and Rapien all the time. It's sports illustrated podcast... Liskow was 100% emotional in that after game. You could see it on his face and hear it in his voice. He's never like that... He definitely felt like most of us do..

I didn’t watch the one right after the game. I watched the one that was recorded today.
Reply/Quote
It should have been maybe half a yard short at most. That close I suspect they try a sneak instead.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 01:09 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I didn’t watch the one right after the game. I watched the one that was recorded today.

Same one.. It was the game review... Maybe I watched it today too.. Idk it's all running together. I'm trying to stay off youtube.. I can't take no more for a few days..I'm sure it's the same one cuz he said about Perine Making it.. Everyone seems to be asking why Mixon wasnt in... Zac needs to answer for that..
Reply/Quote
Head Coach, overwhelmed with play calling, should have asked for a measurement to see how close he was for a first. This gives the review crew time to look at it and maybe buzz down.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I mean, all of these things, the phantom hold on Wilson, Rams' offsides, Perine bad spot. Add two or three more of your own. Any one of them could have changed the outcome. Just leaves a really bad taste. I was thinking earlier today that I may finally be done with Goodell's Football League but I suspect I will be back in line at the trough come September.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 01:24 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Head Coach, overwhelmed with play calling, should have asked for a measurement to see how close he was for a first. This gives the review crew time to look at it and maybe buzz down.

How are reviews handled at that spot in the game?
Reply/Quote