Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why a change of gameplan is necessary against the Steelers
I've watched the past 4 Bengals vs Steelers showdowns and the only game they had success in was the game in Pittsburgh 2015.We sent the blitz frequently in this game we also played a ton of two man under, which is a great coverage for explosive teams such as Pittsburgh..

In the other games the defense stayed basic, we stayed with the 4 man rush producing almost no pressure, we employed alot of zone concepts getting absolutely killed in the middle of the field, and on third downs they owned us time after time looking two steps ahead and far superior to the Bengals, in my opinion it starts with Paulie it's time for another gameplan...
Reply/Quote
So you're suggesting that the Bengals deviate from the plan of letting Rottenbooger ride off in the sunset with his final hoorah super bowl win before retirement? 
That would suggest actual competition vs paid entertainment for pissburg fans.. I dunno.. Sounds fishy if you ask me.. lol 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2017, 02:50 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: I've watched the past 4 Bengals vs Steelers showdowns and the only game  they had success in was the game in Pittsburgh 2015.We sent the blitz frequently in this game we also played a ton of two man under, which is a great coverage for explosive teams such as Pittsburgh..

In the other games the defense stayed basic, we stayed with the 4 man rush producing almost no pressure, we employed alot of zone concepts getting absolutely killed in the middle of the field, and on third downs they owned us time after time looking two steps ahead and far superior to the Bengals, in my opinion it starts with Paulie it's time for another gameplan...

Yep, have to play aggressive on both sides of the ball.

That is why Marv has sucked so bad against the Steelers in his time, he is the most conservative coach in the NFL...

That and he is a Steeler fan.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2017, 02:50 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: I've watched the past 4 Bengals vs Steelers showdowns and the only game  they had success in was the game in Pittsburgh 2015.We sent the blitz frequently in this game we also played a ton of two man under, which is a great coverage for explosive teams such as Pittsburgh..

Pretty sure that's Marvin's doing and his poor game planning.

Even if we started off aggressive, we'd get up a score or two and Marvin would have Paulie go into prevent mode and teams would just methodically move the ball down the field on us and score.

You'd think that he'd learn after so many times of it backfiring.  It's also the same thing on the offensive side of the ball.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2017, 06:17 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Pretty sure that's Marvin's doing and his poor game planning.

Even if we started off aggressive, we'd get up a score or two and Marvin would have Paulie go into prevent mode and teams would just methodically move the ball down the field on usb and score.

You'd think that he'd learn after so many times of it backfiring.  It's also the same thing on the offensive side of the ball.
I completely agree you would think that they would take those gameplans and feed them to a paper shredder..
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2017, 06:39 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: I completely agree you would think that they would take those gameplans and feed them to a paper shredder..

everyone in Bengal land feels and knows this coaching staff has no clue how to whip the steelers.and they are a good team that consistenly gets by with holding on the O-line all game and having tremendous illegal hit by their defense that never gets called.look how many times they have knocked one of our players out and nothing happens.the refs are always with the stoolers and are for sure against us and stupid marvin does nothing.the run back by adam jones last game should have been a TD,because carter did not,did not block that guy in the back,but yet marvin does nothing.l have decided not to renew my season tickets and I wrote mike brown telling him why.i have supported this team for 49 years and I have spent a ton of my bucks and I am not regetting none of it,but until they put a real coach and a much better staff here,I will not spend any more hard earned bucks.I could easily see injuries on our side this sunday and nothing will be done of it,and I seriously HATE all pissburg fans. and Mike Tomlin is a thug and so is the punk joey porter.I would love to have him in my back yard,I am a former boxer with the first cav in nam and I can ball,believe it.Nuff said, kick some ass this Monday BENGALS.YOU DESERVE TO WIN THIS ONE.So sick of seeing you lose.and so are ALL the BENGAL FANS.
Reply/Quote
Think if we can stop the run then we have a chance.

If Bell has big day we are cooked.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I honestly want them to go out and have "fun". By fun I mean doing things against the norm like running a few gadget plays, faking a punt in their own half of the field, running plays from totally different formations, etc. Why the hell not? The old Bengal teams when they were really bad and out of the playoffs seemed to play better at the end of the season because there was nothing to lose since they were out of contention.
Reply/Quote
Bend don’t break mentality. Never been a fan of it. Paulie loves it, and it works on bad teams. It doesn’t work on Patriots or Steelers, simply for the fact they will take what you give them. Unfortunately, don’t expect a change of gameplay, ie blitzing.

We have one of the best pressuring units in Football, and that’s with one of the lowest rated blitzes per down. Nothing will change against Pittsburgh. Period

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2017, 08:25 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Think if we can stop the run then we have a chance.

If Bell has big day we are cooked.

Unless my eyes have mistaken me, Bell doesn't usually kill us. It's the plays up the middle and cross routs that kill us. Also, our defense is hyper. They dive and miss tackles instead of keeping their eyes on the runner and wrapping him up. The defense can't get pressure on Ben enough as well. Although I will admit, their OL has a tendency to extend plays along with Ben (with a lot of the refs help) which helps Brown get free often, kills us also. We have to be smart, but aggressive and patient all at the same time. In other words, I guess each player needs to do their job and stop trying to be the highlight on ESPN!

Reply/Quote
I think that it'd be really interesting to see a play where a Steeler O-lineman holds and his arm is broken or hyperextended as a result.  Let them play that shit on repeat on the major networks.  The dumbass held somebody and had his arm broken on that play.  Maybe don't cheat when you're getting beat.  
Reply/Quote
Merv: "What's a gameplan?"
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 06:38 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I think that it'd be really interesting to see a play where a Steeler O-lineman holds and his arm is broken or hyperextended as a result.  Let them play that shit on repeat on the major networks.  The dumbass held somebody and had his arm broken on that play.  Maybe don't cheat when you're getting beat.  

Break their bones...

I like hahahaha!!!!
Reply/Quote
Paul Guenther is a Chuck Bresnahan clone. The bend but don't break shit he's suddenly so fond of will not work if the other team is playing to win. The steelers always play to win, and Marv/Guenther always play not to lose.

It's no wonder we are Pittsburghs *****.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 04:55 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Paul Guenther is a Chuck Bresnahan clone. The bend but don't break shit he's suddenly so fond of will not work if the other team is playing to win. The steelers always play to win, and Marv/Guenther always play not to lose.

It's no wonder we are Pittsburghs *****.

A competent head coach would see that and instruct his coordinator to do better/different.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 01:16 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: A competent head coach would see that and instruct his coordinator to do better/different.

Different schmifferent says Merv..ww just gotta do better and don't forget, it's a revenue sharing driven league so what's good for Shitzburg is good for Mikey..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 01:04 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Merv: "What's a gameplan?"

"Oh yeah, now I remember.... Let's go out there and do some good things!"
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Steelers probably we're going to throw Mixon out there based on his recent performance and chattiness outside of the lines - Dalton needs a big day.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 01:16 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: A competent head coach would see that and instruct his coordinator to do better/different.

A competent GM/Owner would have sent a head coach of Marvs caliber packing a long time ago  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 04:55 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Paul Guenther is a Chuck Bresnahan clone. The bend but don't break shit he's suddenly so fond of will not work if the other team is playing to win. The steelers always play to win, and Marv/Guenther always play not to lose.

It's no wonder we are Pittsburghs ****
I completely agree, but he's gonna have to change for this game,an aggressive gameplan would totally catch the Steelers off guard.I truly don't think the status quo will get it done in this game we need to attack 
Reply/Quote