Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Why am I so damn optimistic?
(02-03-2022, 01:06 PM)Wyche Wrote: They came out of the bye on a mission.

The bye was a critical point for Hopkins especially. He was right there with RG as being a liability prior to the bye.
He's really gotten back to normal from a pass blocking standpoint since then.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 11:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This isn't about me taking a victory lap.  This is about the very last line....I had to bump this when I heard Joe said they weren't underdogs any more and "we are here to make some noise".

I could bump the threads I started about Chase for OROTY, Burrow for CPOTY, Bengals to win AFC, etc. but I will stick to this...  Hilarious

Needed to bring this thread back. You and I had major reasons for being optimistic as we see. I didn't know we would go 
THIS far but hey, this team can stay with anybody and come back and win it with the mad heart they play with.

(02-03-2022, 11:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Just cool that he said the exact same thing..."make some noise".  

And I said a number of times in other posts:  "Look what Burrow did in year 2".  Wow.  To do what he has done at the NFL level coming off that injury.  It almost doesn't seem real, but he believes it and the team follows him.  

That is wild how Joe said the same phrase lol

(02-03-2022, 11:36 AM)jason Wrote: It's been ridiculous. Since the Denver game, and the first win against KC, I've had zero doubt that they can win every game they've played. I knew we were beating Oakland and Tennessee... Once that'd happened, the Super Bowl was a reality. Don't get me wrong; I thought we blew it when Apple dropped a sure pick 6 in OT... I was also nervous as hell for McPherson's last kick... But that was for all the marbles. Til his next big kick anyway.

Just seems like destiny with the way this team plays. It is never over. Watch the Rams game similar. They will get up big on 
us and we will slowly grind back into the game with solid Defense and good enough Offense to score the points needed.

Predicting a Shooter Kick to win the Superbowl in OT.

(02-03-2022, 11:43 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I've said it starting around midway through this year in some other threads, but this team can compete with any team if things go well.
I do think they can beat the Rams.

With that said, XSF and Waynes have not been good this year or last (XSF only obv).
Reader, Hendrickson, Awuzie, Hilton, and Hill have been great contributors though.

I firmly believe that the game is going to ride or die on the OL performance.
Donald, Floyd, and Miller are no joke.
Gonna need Hopkins' help to double Donald. He'll demolish Adeniji 1-on-1.

It will ride on both Lines and Turnovers. Our OL will have trouble with AD, Vonn and Floyd, we just have to keep it to a minimum
somewhat and have some semblance of a running game and give Burrow some chances to make some plays and get the ball to 
our Receivers. Our DL, specifically our interior with BJ Hill and DJ Reader could have a big day just the same as the Rams DL.

Need to start Carman, better at picking up stunts and can make a great block here and there unlike Adeniji.

Plus Carman is a much better run blocker and that is how you beat AD. You run it at him and tire him out.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 02:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Needed to bring this thread back. You and I had major reasons for being optimistic as we see. I didn't know we would go 
THIS far but hey, this team can stay with anybody and come back and win it with the mad heart they play with.

That is wild how Joe said the same phrase lol

Just seems like destiny with the way this team plays. It is never over. Watch the Rams game similar. They will get up big on 
us and we will slowly grind back into the game with solid Defense and good enough Offense to score the points needed.

Predicting a Shooter Kick to win the Superbowl in OT.

It will ride on both Lines and Turnovers. Our OL will have trouble with AD, Vonn and Floyd, we just have to keep it to a minimum
somewhat and have some semblance of a running game and give Burrow some chances to make some plays and get the ball to 
our Receivers. Our DL, specifically our interior with BJ Hill and DJ Reader could have a big day just the same as the Rams DL.

Need to start Carman, better at picking up stunts and can make a great block here and there unlike Adeniji.

Plus Carman is a much better run blocker and that is how you beat AD. You run it at him and tire him out.

One thing that I don't think is helping Carman (and also could definitely keep him from ever moving outside to OT) is he only has 32.5" arms.
That's in only the 5th percentile of OL.
His wingspan is only 80.875" too, which is only 32nd percentile.

Adeniji, on the other hand, has 33.75" arm length.
I'm sure this added length helps keep defenders at bay.
I do think Carman is more powerful than Adeniji though, which allows for Carman to be more effective when he does get hands on the defender.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 02:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: One thing that I don't think is helping Carman (and also could definitely keep him from ever moving outside to OT) is he only has 32.5" arms.
That's in only the 5th percentile of OL.
His wingspan is only 80.875" too, which is only 32nd percentile.

Adeniji, on the other hand, has 33.75" arm length.
I'm sure this added length helps keep defenders at bay.
I do think Carman is more powerful than Adeniji though, which allows for Carman to be more effective when he does get hands on the defender.

That added length sure hasn't been helping Adeniji and his roller skates. In the end I care how you play on the field, not your 
measurements. Carman needs more snaps to gain consistency, it would be a travesty in my mind if we start Adeniji against AD.

If this happens I guarantee Aaron Donald has a great game early and Burrow and company have no chance.

But I could be wrong and Adeniji plays his greatest game as a pro against the greatest defender in football...
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 03:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That added length sure hasn't been helping Adeniji and his roller skates. In the end I care how you play on the field, not your 
measurements. Carman needs more snaps to gain consistency, it would be a travesty in my mind if we start Adeniji against AD.

If this happens I guarantee Aaron Donald has a great game early and Burrow and company have no chance.

But I could be wrong and Adeniji plays his greatest game as a pro against the greatest defender in football...

Adeniji and Carman both have problems.
Carman's is similar to what Billy Price's have been (from my observations anyway).
Carman, due to lack of length, has issue getting hands on the defender and also falls victim to lunging.
If he can get his hands on the defender, he's solid due to his anchor.

Adeniji lacks sand in his pants.
He may get hands on defenders but can get driven back/aside.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 04:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Adeniji and Carman both have problems.
Carman's is similar to what Billy Price's have been (from my observations anyway).
Carman, due to lack of length, has issue getting hands on the defender and also falls victim to lunging.
If he can get his hands on the defender, he's solid due to his anchor.

Adeniji lacks sand in his pants.
He may get hands on defenders but can get driven back/aside.

Give me the dude with sand in his pants. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 04:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Give me the dude with sand in his pants. Mellow

The challenge for Carman will be to coach him such that he can find ways to get his hands into the defender but not be victim to lunging.
If that can't be done, he could end up just like Price.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The Ravens contained the Donald pretty well(only 1/2 sack). I don't see why we can't do the same. Do whatever the lowly Ravens did.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 04:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The challenge for Carman will be to coach him such that he can find ways to get his hands into the defender but not be victim to lunging.
If that can't be done, he could end up just like Price.

I think he will learn unlike Price. We will see.

(02-03-2022, 05:17 PM)Science Friction Wrote: The Ravens contained the Donald pretty well(only 1/2 sack).  I don't see why we can't do the same.  Do whatever the lowly Ravens did.

Definitely a game we should watch and try to replicate.
Reply/Quote

Our coaches should definitely watch the tape from this game…

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 03:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That added length sure hasn't been helping Adeniji and his roller skates. In the end I care how you play on the field, not your 

D'Ante Smith is finally healthy and he was out there playing the extra OT in some situations against KC, and he graded out pretty well....far better than Adeniji or Carman.  

I wonder if he fits in the mix???  If memory serves, he was pushing Mike Jordan for a starting job early before an injury.  
Reply/Quote