Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Why are Democratic Politicians defecting to GOP
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/georgia-democrat-defects-gop-after-she-says-dems-crucified-abandoned-her

This is a very good article. I think Mesha Mainor brings up a key 2024 voting decision for all voters. She was a black Democratic politician
who is switching sides for a number of reasons.Democrats have 'gotten away with using and abusing the black community,' Mesha Mainor told Fox News Digital
Kyle MorrisBy Kyle Morris | Fox News

"When I decided to stand up on behalf of disadvantaged children in support of school choice, my Democrat colleagues didn’t stand by me," Mainor explained of her decision in a statement to Fox News Digital. "They crucified me. When I decided to stand up in support of safe communities and refused to support efforts to defund the police, they didn’t back me. They abandoned me."

I know Pelosi said the 2024 election will be about abortion, it may be at the state level. I think other the economy the biggest issue will be parental rights in relation to school choice and curriculum taught. I think Casey DeSantos is spot on with her mantra." Mamas for DeSantis" Any GOP candidate for any position can do their own version of this slogan. Democrats are with Weingarten's attack on parents and the wrong side of the protect our children debate.

"For far too long, the Democrat Party has gotten away with using and abusing the black community," she added. "For decades, the Democrat Party has received the support of more than 90% of the black community. And what do we have to show for it? I represent a solidly blue district in the city of Atlanta. This isn’t a political decision for me. It’s a moral one."

"Asked whether she believes she will face pushback from Democrats over her decision, Mainor said, "The most dangerous thing to the Democrat Party is a black person with a mind of their own. So, it wouldn’t surprise me."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Abandoned? LOL

Wait until she questions one thing by Donald Trump, then she'll see what "abandoned by her party" really looks like.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Maybe she wants a part of the grift.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
most folks aint liberal. there conservative in there every day lifes. they are getting tired of being told what to do and how to think and if they dont follow like blind sheep then they get called racist or a bigot or whatever. most folks aint gonna put ou with that for to long
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2023, 06:07 PM)Leon Wrote: most folks aint liberal. there conservative in there every day lifes. they are getting tired of being told what to do and how to think and if they dollow follow like blind sheep then they get called racist or a bigot or whatever. most folks aint gonna put ou with that for to long

And yet two minutes ago, you did lecture people because you said they are sinners and better live through the bible ? See the irony or not ? 

The straw and the beam.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2023, 06:20 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: And yet two minutes ago, you did lecture people because you said they are sinners and better live through the bible ? See the irony or not ? 

The straw and the beam.

you can listen to God or man. your choice. God wont steer you wrong. man will
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2023, 06:25 PM)Leon Wrote: you can listen to God or man. your choice. God wont steer you wrong. man will

So you are telling me what to do and what to think ? 

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2023, 06:31 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: So you are telling me what to do and what to think ? 

no but God is. its up to you to listen or ignore Him
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2023, 07:00 PM)Leon Wrote: no but God is. its up to you to listen or ignore Him

Child please.

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2023, 06:31 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: So you are telling me what to do and what to think ? 

I did not see Leon tell you what to do. He made a suggestion listen to God Or man, he gave you a choice and not a mandate. Whatever choice you decide is 100% up to you. The difference is Leon did not call you a racist or a bigot if you chose to not listen to God.

Liberals are not good with choices, it is their way or the highway and the personal attacks to follow.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2023, 02:54 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Abandoned? LOL

Wait until she questions one thing by Donald Trump, then she'll see what "abandoned by her party" really looks like.

She has the same core values as Trump.

1. God
2. Country
3. Family - why she aligns with parents rights, complete opposite of all Democratic politicians

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2023, 07:54 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I did not see Leon tell you what to do. He made a suggestion listen to God Or man, he gave you a choice and not a mandate. Whatever choice you decide is 100% up to you. The difference is Leon did not call you a racist or a bigot if you chose to not listen to God.

Liberals are not good with choices, it is their way or the highway and the personal attacks to follow.

its weird that folks like me and you get attacked every time we say what we think but there the ones we dare question them even in the smallest way then were being extreme or whatever. just a double standard. so tired of dealing with it an tired of being talked down to just cause i have a different thought
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2023, 07:56 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: She has the same core values as Trump.

1. God
2. Country
3. Family - why she aligns with parents rights, complete opposite of all Democratic politicians

Wait...are you serious?

You seriously believe Trump 1) has values and 2) those are the values?

Here:
https://www.betterhelp.com/
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2023, 07:54 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I did not see Leon tell you what to do. He made a suggestion listen to God Or man, he gave you a choice and not a mandate. Whatever choice you decide is 100% up to you. The difference is Leon did not call you a racist or a bigot if you chose to not listen to God.

Child please ²

How many poors did you feed today ? Go watch your life before lecturing me or others.

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2023, 08:27 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Child please ²

How many poors did you feed today ? Go watch your life before lecturing me or others.

we help many poor folks all the time. its call taxes 
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2023, 08:30 PM)Leon Wrote: we help many poor folks all the time. its call taxes 

Typical Pilate. Now you can wash your hands.

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2023, 08:30 PM)Leon Wrote: we help many poor folks all the time. its call taxes 

The majority of which go into the pockets of weapons manufacturers - those poor souls.

And isn't the GoP constantly cutting funding to social safety nets that help the poor?

Helping people by beating them down more. Ain't no hate quite like Christian Love.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
They are really good at propaganda.

You and I know some people impacted by it.
Reply/Quote

What a bloody cop-out.

You want to explain that bible and Christian thing to me again?

Because that attitude is why people say most Christian are hypocrites. Bragging about how devout they are (pride is a sin by the way) while ignoring basic tenets of Jesus’s instructions to his believers.

You use the Bible only when it’s convenient.

I will say again…many “non-believers” do a better job of doing the work of Jesus than those, like you, who claim devotion

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Sounds like her core values have generally been conservative and she was only running as a Democrat because of race issues.

Kind of paints a stark picture of the GOP that she aligns with many of their principles but initially felt like she didn't belong because of the color of her skin.

Georgia's 56th district is a deep blue district, with no Republican even running in the 12 year history shown on Ballotpedia.

Hopefully, this doesn't come back to bite her.

As a side note, the title of this thread is, "Why are Democratic Politicians defecting to GOP"

Are there multiple politicians defecting to the GOP? Or is it just this single Georgia state representative?
Reply/Quote