Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are so many Hillary supporters
(10-13-2016, 05:30 PM)Dill Wrote: Cruz or Pence? 

At least the Evangelicals like Cruz. 
(10-13-2016, 10:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 1. And a lot more people are now unable to afford their previous healthcare because their premiums and deductables skyrocketed. I don't personally know anyone who is better off due to the ACA. Only people who are now paying more money for equal/less service. Now they're going to raise the penalty, so there goes more people's money. Knew someone who had a small business selling medical instruments to hospitals who went out of business because ACA added the medical device tax and he went out of business. My Uncle's pension dropped his healthcare because it became too expensive after the ACA. It helped some people, and hurt the shit out of a LOT more.

2. The US just sent MORE troops to Iraq. Even once they start pulling troops from Afghanistan, they're still leaving 8,600 there. Not to mention the numerous new places the US has started fighting in under Obama. (Syria, Yemen, etc) How'd it go getting Guantanamo Bay closed? Also now relations between the US and the rest of the world they currently aren't at war with seems to be rather shit.

3. Their unemployment numbers are hardcore faked. That 4.5% or whatever that was floating around doesn't include people who are working part-time with college degrees, people with college degrees who can't find jobs in their field, people who are working jobs they are vastly overqualified for, people who's unemployment benefits have run out, people who have just quit trying to find a job. Sure it's better than it was, but that's not terribly hard.

4. Not a Republican personally, but most Republicans I know don't care about either of those terribly much. That's more of a hardliner vocal minority. Do have a couple very religious friends who are staunchly against abortion, but fine with gay marriage.

Just sad when the system is made in such a way that 55% success is considered a success. (Not that I have ever once in my life been polled for elections or approval rating.)

My health insurance premiums are going down for the third year in a row. 

I don't know the total number of service members deployed to Iraq currently, but Im 99.999% sure it is less than a brigade and 99% sure it is less than a battalion.