Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Why are so many on the left vile and evil?
(10-09-2018, 10:45 AM)bfine32 Wrote: ex·cuse
verb
ikˈskyo͞oz/Submit
attempt to lessen the blame attaching to (a fault or offense); seek to defend or justify.

If you say so. 

Example "A"

(10-08-2018, 05:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Maybe Trump shut her down because he didn't want to be called a gay slur:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/10/08/kaitlan-collins-homophobic-tweets/1567581002/

(10-09-2018, 12:04 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Really no digging up required. I saw the name, remembered a thread, typed it in the search function, and added the content. Unsure how that constitutes "defending Trump at any cost". But it sounds cool in your head when you type it; doesn't it? 

...attempt to lessen the blame attaching to (a fault or offense); seek to defend or justify.

Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-09-2018, 10:52 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: We should really end this culture of feigning ignorance. That's why so many threads are complete shit. 

Not sure what ignorance was feigned. Benton's retort to the vile nature displayed by the Left was "cause Trump". This was plainly pointed out to him. Then you took on the duties as his spokesman.

So what makes this thread "complete shit"; posting links about the Left's vile nature in a thread about the Left's vile nature or trying to excuse it or is it posters chiming in telling other posters that they are wrong?  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-09-2018, 10:59 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure what ignorance was feigned. Benton's retort to the vile nature displayed by the Left was "cause Trump". This was plainly pointed out to him. Then you took on the duties as his spokesman.

So what makes this post "complete shit"; posting links about the Left's vile nature in a thread about the Left's vile nature or trying to excuse it or is it posters chiming in telling other posters that they are wrong?  

Our country clearly values "winning" over ethics, so what's the issue with the voter base acknowledging it?  It's only natural for the human mind to rationalize side stepping of rules in order to attain what the human wants.
(10-09-2018, 10:56 AM)GMDino Wrote: Example "A"

...attempt to lessen the blame attaching to (a fault or offense); seek to defend or justify.

Cool

Oh, no doubt the link could be seen as a excuse for Trump's behavior if one thought he was wrong. I provided my views on the matter way back in post #8 in that thread. I do not think he was wrong. Do you think those that tweet vile posts toward Collins are wrong?

This was just a current news story that was relevant to an older thread, so instead of starting a shiny new thread  (How's that sexual-predator-in-chief thread going by the way), I simply utilized the search feature and placed it in an existing thread.   

(10-09-2018, 10:59 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure what ignorance was feigned. Benton's retort to the vile nature displayed by the Left was "cause Trump". This was plainly pointed out to him. Then you took on the duties as his spokesman.

So what makes this post "complete shit"; posting links about the Left's vile nature in a thread about the Left's vile nature or trying to excuse it or is it posters chiming in telling other posters that they are wrong?  

lol, ok. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(10-08-2018, 07:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well at least the Left can be proud of how they've stood up to that rape apologist  Susan Collins:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2018/10/08/sen-collins-reacts-to-threats-shes-faced-since-voting-for-kavanaugh-n2526483

Yawn 

https://www.newsweek.com/florida-man-charged-threatening-kill-senators-opposing-brett-kavanaugh-1153606

A Florida man was arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot members of Congress if they voted against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh

https://www.necn.com/news/national-international/Man-Sentenced-Threatening-Kill-Maxine-Waters-488340961.html

The day’s top national and international news

Calif. Man Sentenced for Threat to Kill Rep. Maxine Waters
(10-09-2018, 01:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yawn 

https://www.newsweek.com/florida-man-charged-threatening-kill-senators-opposing-brett-kavanaugh-1153606

A Florida man was arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot members of Congress if they voted against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh

https://www.necn.com/news/national-international/Man-Sentenced-Threatening-Kill-Maxine-Waters-488340961.html

The day’s top national and international news

Calif. Man Sentenced for Threat to Kill Rep. Maxine Waters

If found guilty, I hope both men are tried and convicted as terrorists.

(10-08-2018, 07:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well at least the Left can be proud of how they've stood up to that rape apologist  Susan Collins:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2018/10/08/sen-collins-reacts-to-threats-shes-faced-since-voting-for-kavanaugh-n2526483

(10-09-2018, 01:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If found guilty, I hope both men are tried and convicted as terrorists.

Not sure if you got my point.

Link to everyone on the left saying they are proud of death threats made against Susan Collins.
Well what do we think about the former Attorney General's statement:
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/oct/10/eric-holder-when-they-go-low-we-kick-them/

Quote:“Michelle [Obama] always says ‘When they go low, we go high.’ No. No. When they go low, we kick them,” he said as the crowd cheered.

Mr. Holder’s comments came as he was speaking at an event to promote Stacy Abrams, the Democrat nominee for Georgia’s gubernatorial race.

Mr. Holder stressed that this New Democratic Party is “proud as hell” and has to be willing to fight.

I personally don't like his call for violence.

(10-10-2018, 09:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well what do we think about the former Attorney General's statement:
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/oct/10/eric-holder-when-they-go-low-we-kick-them/

Oh you have to look into his heart to see what he really meant.   Mellow

He didn't mean to literally, physically kick them but merely to keep up the pressure on them when you have them on the ropes.

Not like he said he'd apy for the legal fees of someone who kicked an actual person while they were actually down.   Mellow

Glad to see you are anti-violence now.
(10-10-2018, 09:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh you have to look into his heart to see what he really meant.   Mellow

He didn't mean to literally, physically kick them but merely to keep up the pressure on them when you have them on the ropes.

Not like he said he'd apy for the legal fees of someone who kicked an actual person while they were actually down.   Mellow

Glad to see you are anti-violence now.

So I assume all this is you saying you approve of the comments or did you just feel like typing?

(10-10-2018, 09:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So I assume all this is you saying you approve of the comments or did you just feel like typing?

You either need glasses or to learn how to read.

ThumbsUp
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/18/politics/trump-rally-gianforte-my-guy/index.html

Quote:Trump jokes about congressman assaulting reporter: 'Any guy who can do a body slam ... he's my guy'

(CNN)President Donald Trump praised Montana Republican Rep. Greg Gianforte for assaulting a reporter during his campaign last May, saying "any guy who can do a body slam ... he's my guy" and made a gesture mimicking a body slam.

At a Montana rally Thursday night, Trump admitted, "I shouldn't say this," but continued and said, "there's nothing to be embarrassed about."

The comment comes at the same time as the administration responds to the disappearance and apparent murder of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul. Khashoggi was last seen entering the Saudi consulate on October 2 and Turkish media reports that an audio recording suggests Khashoggi was tortured and killed soon after entering the building before being dismembered.

Trump said Thursday "it certainly looks" like Khashoggi is dead. But, Trump said he is "waiting for the results" of investigations being conducted by Saudi Arabia and Turkey, after which he pledged to make "a very strong statement."

Gianforte pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault in June 2017 after he was convicted of "body slamming" Ben Jacobs, a reporter for The Guardian. A judge sentenced him to a 180-day deferred sentence, 40 hours of community service, 20 hours of anger management and a $300 fine along with a $85 court fee.

Trump said he found out about Gianforte assaulting a reporter when he was traveling in Rome, and initially was concerned it would hurt the Republican in the election.

"Then I said, well wait a minute, I know Montana pretty well, I think it might help him. And it did," Trump said. The President's comments were met with laughter and applause from the crowd in Montana.

Gianforte won the election the next day and apologized to Jacobs during his acceptance speech.

"When you make a mistake, you have to own up to it," Gianforte told his supporters at his Election Night rally in Bozeman. "That's the Montana way."

Saying he was "not proud" of his behavior, he added, "I should not have responded the way I did, for that I'm sorry. I should not have treated that reporter that way, and for that I'm sorry, Mr. Ben Jacobs."

At the rally, Trump called Gianforte, "One of the most respected people in Congress," and a "tough cookie."

"By the way, never wrestle him," he said.

Guardian US editor John Mulholland condemned Trump's joke in a statement.

"The President of the United States tonight applauded the assault on an American journalist who works for the Guardian. To celebrate an attack on a journalist who was simply doing his job is an attack on the First Amendment by someone who has taken an oath to defend it," Mulholland said. "In the aftermath of the murder of Jamal Khashoggi, it runs the risk of inviting other assaults on journalists both here and across the world where they often face far greater threats. We hope decent people will denounce these comments and that the President will see fit to apologize for them."

The joke about Gianforte assaulting Jacobs came just after Trump framed the 2018 midterms elections as a choice between Republican law and order and Democratic "mobs."

Trump said the November 6 vote will be "an election of Kavanaugh, the caravan, law and order, and common sense. That's what it's going to be".

In a new line for the campaign, he said "Democrats create mobs. Republicans create jobs."

Trump later recalled the back-and-forth with former Vice President Joe Biden over a fight, and again invoked Gianforte's body slam of Jacobs.

"How about sleepy Joe Biden? Sleepy Joe. Remember he challenged me to a fight and that was fine. And when I said he wouldn't last long -- he'd be down faster than Greg would take him down, he'd be down so fast, remember? Faster than Greg -- I'd have to go very fast, I'd have to immediately connect," Trump told the crowd.

Trump recalled the challenge from Biden, to which he said the "fake news" said was "cute." When Trump responded that he'd go down fast, he characterized the media's response in a mocking voice: "They said, what a vicious statement."

Left out is the part where Gianforte lied about what happened only to be found out because the incident was recorded.

Quote:"Why are so many on the LEFT so vile and evil?" 
Too funny.
(10-10-2018, 09:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I personally don't like his call for violence.

All he is doing is supporting self defense, and you approve of that 100%.

Sad when people let their values be determined by party affiliation.  Self defense is okay for Republicans but not democrats.
(10-10-2018, 09:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well what do we think about the former Attorney General's statement:

I, personally, don't understand how someone can see this as a call for literal violence rather than a reference to metaphorical violence.

I mean, the whole "going low" commentary is based on a metaphorical boxing match between opponents in which one fights dirty with a low blow. Holder is just saying that if they are going to be dirty, then let's roll around in the mud.

Disclaimer: this is in no way intended to be interpreted as my agreement with Holder's statement, only an explanation.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-19-2018, 01:14 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I, personally, don't understand how someone can see this as a call for literal violence rather than a reference to metaphorical violence.

I mean, the whole "going low" commentary is based on a metaphorical boxing match between opponents in which one fights dirty with a low blow. Holder is just saying that if they are going to be dirty, then let's roll around in the mud.

Disclaimer: this is in no way intended to be interpreted as my agreement with Holder's statement, only an explanation.

See when Trump specifically calls for violence it is just "talk".  When any democrat can have a single line pulled out of an entire statement/speech it is a literal call for violence.

That's your problem Matt...you don't know how to play the game.

I like how when I quote the post it says nothing, because that was about the value of what you said. In order for it to be an excuse, there needs to be an offense or a fault. While you have attempted to manufacture one, none exists.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-19-2018, 01:14 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I, personally, don't understand how someone can see this as a call for literal violence rather than a reference to metaphorical violence.

I think the point you are missing is that the Left is the one that came up with the going low analogy in this instance. So they are assigning the action (of hypothetical violence) to both sides.

If the Right had said "we'll go low" then you may have a point.

(10-19-2018, 02:01 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I like how when I quote the post it says nothing, because that was about the value of what you said. In order for it to be an excuse, there needs to be an offense or a fault. While you have attempted to manufacture one, none exists.

Yeah, I deleted the post before this reply, but thanks for the insight, but of course there was an offense by Holder

(10-19-2018, 02:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think the point you are missing is that the Left is the one that came up with the going low analogy in this instance. So they are assigning the action (of hypothetical violence) to both sides.

If the Right had said "we'll go low" then you may have a point.

The right isn't going to come out and say "we're going low." That is ridiculous. They may say it behind closed doors, but dirty politics is just something that the sides engage in without acknowledging that they're doing it (but calling out the other side for). This attempt to explain your lack of understanding of the analogy used is inane.

Edit to add: Also, no one is discussing hypothetical violence, but rather metaphorical violence. There is a difference.