Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why are the Bengals first 3 games against the AFC North are home ...
Why are the Bengals first 3 games against the AFC North are home and the last 3 are on the road, while the Ravens first 3 games against the AFC North are on the road, while their last 3 games against the AFC North are at home??? Ninja 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 06:51 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Why are the Bengals first 3 games against the AFC North are home and the last 3 are on the road, while the Ravens first 3 games against the AFC North are on the road, while their last 3 games against the AFC North are at home??? Ninja 

[Image: meme.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 06:51 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Why are the Bengals first 3 games against the AFC North are home and the last 3 are on the road, while the Ravens first 3 games against the AFC North are on the road, while their last 3 games against the AFC North are at home??? Ninja 

Cause NFL made a schedule and now it is reality....

It happens....

Also actually
We Play
Ravens Home
Steelers Home
Ravens Away...

Before we play Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 06:57 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: [Image: meme.jpg]

We didn't do it....
Reply/Quote
Why do the Steelers have 3 AFCN games in a row. 2 right after their bye. And with the exception of the last game at Pitt finish thieir entire divisional schedule before week 9.

They are flukes of the schedule. Everyone gets weird stretches.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Wouldn't read too much into it. If we go into the bye looking good and having confidence while also gaining the experience of playing together? Well, I call that a positive. However, if I wanted to go conspiracy theorist, I would say they knew we were a young team with new coaches and wanted us to lose early at home while they were learning to play games together. Therefore, removing HFA. Then, giving the competition the edge at the end with thier HFA. Get it? Yeah, me either, that's why I don't try too hard to buy into all that stuff. But if there was a conspiracy? We shoved it pretty far up their backsides I would say.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Why do birds suddenly appear?
Reply/Quote
Always felt that Andy and co have played better on the road, let's embrace this!!
Reply/Quote
I have wondered in the past why when the scheduling formula was changed to better balance strength of schedule they didn't also regularize when games were played? Have all teams be playing in division on weeks 1-3 and 14-16, alternating home and away.

So in our division for example say we open at Ravens, host Browns and play at Steelers in 1-3 then in 14-16 we reverse it and host Ravens in 14, at Browns in 15 and host Steelers in 16. The next season the slots all stay the same just flip the home and away. It would give the league big games in the opening and closing parts of the season and help avoid the "meaningless game" syndrome.
Reply/Quote
"I can't tell you whyyyyyyy"

[Image: th?id=OIP.39qqB8urji9RUPU9gmY8BwHaFz&pid...=209&h=164]

You read it in a high voice...  didn't ya?   Wink
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The only schedule I complained about ever was 2016. 8 road games. 7 home games. 1 game in London England. The team that gets named Home Team in London gets shafted because they really lose a home game on schedule.

This 2018 schedule problem is starting 3 of 4 games on road. Ending 3 of 4 games on road. That means the middle 8 are 6 home games. The Bengals have to make hay while the sun shines on these middle 8. Starting this week against Pittsburg Steelers in THE JUNGLE.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Because its all nflwwe
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 09:41 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Always felt that Andy and co have played better on the road, let's embrace this!!

More than just a feeling it appears.....

"In the eight seasons before Dalton arrived, the Bengals were 24-40 on the road. His road winning percentage is .544 at 31-26, the sixth best in the last eight years behind Brady (.702), Alex Smith (.647), Roethlisberger (.583), Rodgers (.560) and Wilson (.559). Only Brady (40) and Smith (33) have more road wins and he’s tied for third with Ben at 31."

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Let's get our record in playoff contention before we have to go away to any of those AFC-N teams who can beat us.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Quick someone shop Andy's face and put a red rifle in his hand. Perhaps switch out the dog for a tiger
[Image: Screen-Shot-2016-09-07-at-10.13.01-PM.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 02:58 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Quick someone shop Andy's face and put a red rifle in his hand. Perhaps switch out the dog for a tiger

Road Warrior rep.....one of my all time faves. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 06:57 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: [Image: meme.jpg]

Ancient Astronout theorist say YES!
Reply/Quote
I think if we don't win Sunday. then the AFC North is going to be a dog fight with all 4 teams fighting to win the division.

Problem is the Ravens have the edge with their last 3 games against the AFC North at home and we play the last three on the road.

Meaning, we must win this game on Sunday to build a cushion of a lead before the last weeks of the season.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 02:58 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Quick someone shop Andy's face and put a red rifle in his hand. Perhaps switch out the dog for a tiger

[Image: CXeynAB.png]

Smirk
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 08:06 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: [Image: CXeynAB.png]

Smirk

Good job and pretty cool...but i'm not gonna lie. The size of that head is kind of creepy dawg. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote