Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are the Browns lousy against everyone else except the Bengals?
Lost 39-17 to the Dolphins, whom the Bengals beat.
I just don't get it.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 06:21 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Lost 39-17 to the Dolphins, whom the Bengals beat.
I just don't get it.

Fins also beat the Ravens with a furious come from behind victory. Sometimes the better team loses.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 06:21 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Lost 39-17 to the Dolphins, whom the Bengals beat.
I just don't get it.

https://russellstreetreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Tua-seized.jpeg

This is why
Reply/Quote
Maybe it is the curse of Hue Jackson. In 2018 the Browns fired him. In November of that season Marvin gave him a role as the assistant to the assistant regional manager or something like that. Since then the Bengals have only beat the Browns once. And that's really kind of depressing.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 06:42 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Maybe it is the curse of Hue Jackson. In 2018 the Browns fired him. In November of that season Marvin gave him a role as the assistant to the assistant regional manager or something like that. Since then the Bengals have only beat the Browns once. And that's really kind of depressing.

Would have been twice if they had played the starters last game last year. Still not good.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 06:28 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: https://russellstreetreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Tua-seized.jpeg

This is why

Still, for that craptastic defense I saw today to shut down the Bengals is inexcusable.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Football is all about matchups. The way the Bengals and Browns rosters are constructed simply provides a favorable matchup for the Browns. They are more physical than us and have a terrific run game, have speed in the secondary to match our WR’s and have a star pass rusher to give us fits.

Don’t expect us to beat them no matter what either teams record is until proven otherwise. It sucks, but we have a good shot against just about anybody in the league except them. I’ll take that and competing for SB’s over missing the playoffs and winning 2 games against a rival.

We can beat them, but our players have to punch them in the mouth early and play mistake free football. Once we start making mistakes against them it’s over. Players need to show some pride and play better when we go up against them like it’s a playoff game, because it’s a playoff game to Cleveland every time.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 06:57 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Still, for that craptastic defense I saw today to shut down the Bengals is inexcusable.

I feel like playing us is their Super Bowl. No other games matter.

Throw out all records and even talent because they take their game to another level. 

It's like high school rivalry games where the talent doesn't really matter because it's more about the will to win.

I do, however, feel like we've been out-coached because we don't coach the games on the same level that their players are playing, nor do we motivate our players enough.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 07:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I feel like playing us is their Super Bowl. No other games matter.

Throw out all records and even talent because they take their game to another level. 

It's like high school rivalry games where the talent doesn't really matter because it's more about the will to win.

I do, however, feel like we've been out-coached because we don't coach the games on the same level that their players are playing, nor do we motivate our players enough.

Expanding on the out-coached comment....  The Dolphins established the run, which made them unpredictable enough to run their offense.  The Bengals ran the ball a grand total of nine carries against the Browns, excluding Burrows one rush.....  It's borderline "criminal" to allow that Dline to rush the QB with no threat of a run.  I'm no coaching guru, but that seemed one of the most egregiously bad game plans against that particular defense possible.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 03:13 PM)TigerStripes Wrote: Expanding on the out-coached comment....  The Dolphins established the run, which made them unpredictable enough to run their offense.  The Bengals ran the ball a grand total of nine carries against the Browns, excluding Burrows one rush.....  It's borderline "criminal" to allow that Dline to rush the QB with no threat of a run.  I'm no coaching guru, but that seemed one of the most egregiously bad game plans against that particular defense possible.

I've preached that all along, made multiple posts, and even made a thread about it. 

I posted the video of Burrow saying "if we run the ball like that, no one can beat us."

I also keep saying that Zac tries to make things too complicated so he can look like some coaching genius , when running the ball to set up the pass and winning games that way would make him look like an incredible coach because going with what works is what people care about when it comes to coaching. 

Even analysts would say "he had a great game plan and just kept feeding Mixon to set-up the pass."

Running the ball effectively will also help to take the crowd out of the game in cities like Pittsburgh, which will be important on Sunday.

It's getting cold here in Cinci, so hopefully that makes Zac realize that we need to run the ball more.
Reply/Quote
Because we ARE their Super Bowl.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
The Browns get motivated to play the Bengals because they have our number. They are confident to beat us. And they usually do.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Cause the North Remembers
Reply/Quote
I just don't get it.

Because other teams figure out how to counter them but the Bengals cannot.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 05:29 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Because we ARE their Super Bowl.

That would be the Steelers.  Just like it has been for us for so many years.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 10:40 AM)michaelsean Wrote: That would be the Steelers.  Just like it has been for us for so many years.

Those days are soon to be long gone.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
We can kill this thread now. Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
Right now they are less lousy than the Ravens

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote