Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are we not using the middle of the field?
(10-11-2021, 12:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Burrow is the one who decides where to throw the ball.

You guys are aware that we send out more than on receiver on passing plays. right?
Nope. Never heard of multiple receivers before.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Chase said in the post game interview that they were doubling him and Boyd, leaving Tee 1:1. Boyd usually operates in the middle. That really only leaves the TE's (really just CJ) in this area. As many have stated, no one is scared of Sample. I have no idea where CJ was yesterday. Only 2 targets for 2 catches, 16 yards.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 12:54 PM)BleedNOrange Wrote: Chase said in the post game interview that they were doubling him and Boyd, leaving Tee 1:1.  Boyd usually operates in the middle.  That really only leaves the TE's (really just CJ) in this area.  As many have stated, no one is scared of Sample.  I have no idea where CJ was yesterday.  Only 2 targets for 2 catches, 16 yards.

And Uzomah still did better than Sample, who had double the targets but still only 2 catches for a whopping 9 yards (3 yards and 6 yards).
Dude may make some catches here and there, but they are on such short routes.

It also didn't help that the OL (primarily Carman) had a bad day blocking.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
QB locking onto to Chase too much possibly or defenses taking Boyd out of equation ?

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 01:16 PM)Go Cards Wrote: QB locking onto to Chase too much possibly or defenses taking Boyd out of equation ?

Bengals need to establish the run game. Period.

Defenses are anticipating the quick passes since they know the bengals o-line can be exploited with relative ease
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 01:25 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Bengals need to establish the run game. Period.

Defenses are anticipating the quick passes since they know the bengals o-line can be exploited with relative ease

I thought they ran the ball reasonably well yesterday, until the end when the Packers knew it was coming.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 01:16 PM)Go Cards Wrote: QB locking onto to Chase too much possibly or defenses taking Boyd out of equation ?

It's possible that Burrow is focusing a bit too much on Chase. On Chase's spectacular 3rd and 2 conversion for 21 yards, there was a WR strolling, WIDE OPEN, over the middle of the field that would have yielded an easy 3rd down conversion. Chase still caught the ball, which makes it okay, but that was an unnecessarily risky throw by Joe given the circumstance and that may be what's going on over the middle for this offense.

Given that Zac calls plays that his QB likes (which makes sense), I could see an argument that the plays called may emphasize those outside routes as read 1 and 2 with the over the middle routes maybe prioritized as read 3 or 4.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 11:57 AM)BengalChris Wrote: To the far right side 10 yards and beyond shows 2 completions, 7 incompletions, 1 INT and 1 TD (that caught the defense napping with seconds to go in the first half).

Only 11 passes 10 yards and beyond with 7 incompletions.

To the left side, 12 passes with 1 incompletion.

ZT play logic at work.

I am almost positive that is where at least 2 drops happened. Unless my memory is tricking me, that's where Chase had his 1 drop and at least 1 of Higgins drops were.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 01:30 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I thought they ran the ball reasonably well yesterday, until the end when the Packers knew it was coming.

yea but that first half the game plan was not balanced at all.

it seemed like was 70/30 in favor of pass
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 01:41 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: yea but that first half the game plan was not balanced at all.

it seemed like was 70/30 in favor of pass

Absolutely.  I was rattling on about lack of running game to whoever would listen during yesterday's game.  I didn't think the Packers were suited well at all to stop it.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 12:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is how it works.

The coaches call a play that has multiple receivers running different routes.

Then the QB goes through his reads and throws to the receiver that is open.

Pretty basic stuff.  surprised you did not know this.

So what are you saying? Burrow loves shallow routes and anything beyond 10 yards is a prayer?

See, I don't happen to believe that's true at all. If the only deep routes is a distraction route then he's got no where to go but shallow.

It's ZT's offense. If he wanted more mid-range routes and throws we'd be seeing them.

Reply/Quote
I trust Burrow to find the open Receiver, I guess they weren't open in the middle of the field.

Would of thought Boyd could of feasted in this game but evidently he couldn't get open and we didn't use Evans like
I thought we would. I am going to watch the game now instead of assuming shit. I like that even though we only
scored 22 points we went to overtime and could have won numerous times against a top team and one of the greatest
QB's in NFL history. Gonna watch the game now and enjoy Columbus Day drinking some brewskies.

Cheers
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 02:19 PM)BengalChris Wrote: It's ZT's offense. If he wanted more mid-range routes and throws we'd be seeing them.

I have seen plenty of mid-range routes.

WTF are you talking about?
Reply/Quote