Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why can't he stop insulting them
(10-07-2020, 06:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought Trump missed a huge opportunity to fire back the other night when Biden called him a racist during the debate. 

Absolutely he did. Honestly, that was the one remark I had the most problem with from Biden. I just don't like calling people racist in general, though.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 06:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Why-does-he-refuse-to-condemn-them?pid=921229#pid921229

If you're not even going to pretend to be honest; I see no reason to continue

Above is a link to your post. You did not quote the full text and you changed the words.

Now look at the post immediately following you. That dude quoted the full text. Perhaps you just wish you were me.

But you have stumbled on another reason why he won't quit. There will be those that enable him through hypocrisy. 

"You have good genes. You know that, right? You have good genes. A lot of it is about the genes, isn't it, don't you believe? The racehorse theory. You think we're so different? You have good genes in Minnesota,"

Like I have said over and over again.  Trump included himself in the "good genes" pool.
Reply/Quote
Yea, it's pretty shitty that he pointed out the racial disparity between people who are teleworking and retail/healthcare front line workers and commented on his hope that those who were able to stay home want to now enact policies to help those who were not able to stay home to work.

He should have just quoted crime statistics from Stormfront and called people inherently criminal.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 08:09 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yea, it's pretty shitty that he pointed out the racial disparity between people who are teleworking and retail/healthcare front line workers and commented on his hope that those who were able to stay home want to now enact policies to help those who were not able to stay home to work.

He should have just quoted crime statistics from Stormfront and called people inherently criminal.

Here Pat has demonstrated the Missing the Forest for the Trees Fallacy. 

He has focused on one of the numerous examples provided in an attempt to excuse the rest.

He also brings in a touch of Argumentum ad misericordiam to enable Biden to continue to insult minorities.

Another vivid reason of why Biden won't stop. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 04:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes, of course, I never like for anyone to take a comment out of context.

You with me on condemning Bfine for doing it?  

I don't know, fred.  If we were to condemn bfine for taking something out of context, we'd have to condemn everyone who takes things out of context on here.  Ya know, when I was a kid there was an old saying about people living in glass houses and throwing stones..   Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Yeah, it'd be great if both parties stopped propping up racist, sexist candidates whose solutions for 2020 lie somewhere around 1970-something.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 04:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You changed the entire meaning of his comments by leaving out the part where he said "Not just Black, white, across the board"  And also the part about Doctors and Nurses instead of just stocking store shelves.

I know what you mean. It's like when people leave out the part where Trump explicitly stated he wasn't talking about neo-Nazis and white supremacists when he referenced "fine people" on "both sides". Yet, people keep trying to make it seem like Trump called neo-Nazis and white supremacists "fine people". 

(10-07-2020, 04:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And I never changed "you" to "we".  When discussing good genes Trump said "WE are not that different"  He clearly included himself in the "good genes" comment.

"We are not that different" still implies that there is a difference. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I wonder why the groups that permanently get insulted by Biden still overwhelmingly support him. What's the explanation for that.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 08:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't know, fred.  If we were to condemn bfine for taking something out of context, we'd have to condemn everyone who takes things out of context on here.  Ya know, when I was a kid there was an old saying about people living in glass houses and throwing stones..   Mellow

I try to provide full context.  If I ever don't then feel free to point it out.

Just like I did with Bfine in this thread.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 12:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I know what you mean. It's like when people leave out the part where Trump explicitly stated he wasn't talking about neo-Nazis and white supremacists when he referenced "fine people" on "both sides". Yet, people keep trying to make it seem like Trump called neo-Nazis and white supremacists "fine people".  

Because no one can ever provide an example of a "good person" among the crowd of people chanting "Jews will not replace us"

(10-08-2020, 12:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: "We are not that different" still implies that there is a difference. 

Phil, please do not even start down that road.  When you point out a lack of difference you are claiming you are he same.  

TRUMP INCLUDED HIMSLELF IN THE "GOOD GENE" POOL.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 01:03 PM)hollodero Wrote: I wonder why the groups that permanently get insulted by Biden still overwhelmingly support him. What's the explanation for that.

They hate Trump more.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 01:13 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: They hate Trump more.

Yeah, but they also overwhelmingly supported him in the dem primaries. It was the black electorate that put Biden back in the race and then on top of it.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 01:03 PM)hollodero Wrote: I wonder why the groups that permanently get insulted by Biden still overwhelmingly support him. What's the explanation for that.

You've read this thread and excuses  so far and still don't know? 

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 01:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You've read this thread and excuses  so far and still don't know? 

Tell me then.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 01:16 PM)hollodero Wrote: Tell me then.

So I take that as a "no".

I'll explain fully once I have more time this PM. Some of the fellas here have been most helpful in contributing to the explanation. 

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 01:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So I take that as a "no".

I'll explain fully once I have more time this PM. Some of the fellas here have been most helpful in contributing to the explanation. 

WTS, I an familiar with your new "If they aren't insulted why should I be insulted for them" stance. I think you brought it up in a thread where you were upset about racehorse theory, 

Apologies if I mis-represented your position

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 01:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because no one can ever provide an example of a "good person" among the crowd of people chanting "Jews will not replace us"

That's besides the point. The point is that Trump explicitly said he wasn't talking about neo-Nazis and white supremacists when he said there were fine people on both sides. Yet, people are still insisting Trump called neo-Nazis and white supremacists fine people. 

(10-08-2020, 01:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Phil, please do not even start down that road.  When you point out a lack of difference you are claiming you are he same.  

TRUMP INCLUDED HIMSLELF IN THE "GOOD GENE" POOL.

It's basic, English, fred. "We are not that different" is not the same as "we are exactly the same". Dolphins and porpoises are not that different. But, according to you, they are exactly the same. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 01:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You've read this thread and excuses  so far and still don't know? 

Oh boy, another round of "The Question Game".Rolleyes

Refuse to answer a question and instead ask some obtuse question.

This shit really gets old.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 01:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So I take that as a "no".

(10-08-2020, 01:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Oh boy, another round of "The Question Game".Rolleyes

Refuse to answer a question and instead ask some obtuse question.

This shit really gets old.

Sorry you're shit is so old

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 01:26 PM)PhilHos Wrote: That's besides the point. The point is that Trump explicitly said he wasn't talking about neo-Nazis and white supremacists when he said there were fine people on both sides. Yet, people are still insisting Trump called neo-Nazis and white supremacists fine people. 

It's basic, English, fred. "We are not that different" is not the same as "we are exactly the same". Dolphins and porpoises are not that different. But, according to you, they are exactly the same. 

Leave Fred alone. His replies are priceless and will aid in our obtaining an answer to the OP and Hollo's inquiry. 

Reply/Quote