Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did Chris Collinsworth lie on National TV?
Cris like a lot of former players that are announcers tries a little bit to hard at times to show he's unbiased. Throw in the fact that he's being paid a bunch of money (not by the bengals) to coddle the big money markets. Then add in the fact that at times he's speaking the truth, like if he would say:

"The Bengals are the Steelers rhymes with witch"

I wouldn't hate him for it because it's true. And I don't hate him for what he says most times. I will however agree I think he tries a little to hard sometimes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He is trying too hard. Yes the 1988 41-6 game was at Houston. But he was retired after that season, which was a year before the 1989 61-7 whoopin'. Kind of Brian Williamsed it up.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 11:40 AM)xxlt Wrote: Um, Wyche ran the score up against Glanville after Glanville had run the score up on Wyche. So, this is a case of Collinsworth perhaps mixing up game scores but not of him, "lying" or trashing the Bengals. I know some of you Al Bundy's out there remember every second of that high school game where you scored four touchdowns but normally programmed people like Collinsworth (by the way his first name is spelled Cris, and a true Bengals fan would know that) don't obsess over the stats from games they played decades ago. You are welcome to continue to obsess over Cris and tell the world how much you hate him, but I encourage you - for your general well being - to find other things to focus on.

F "chris collingsworth" and the stupid ass horse he rode in on. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Btw, on the way home from the store that morning (of the 41-6 whipping in Houston), i got a ticket for speeding on Newman Ave in Ft. Thomas.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 04:01 PM)TGISunday Wrote: Bengals fans are super sensitive to Cris Collinsworth trying to be an objective sports caster.  Who cares.

This ^. It is a no-win situation for former players - they get accused of being a homer or a hater by somebody no matter what they say.

Now, Bob Trumpy was a hater, no question. But I think Cris and Boomer (Esiason) do a good job of showing loyalty and affection for the team they played for while still trying to provide objective analysis. Not an easy line to walk...
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 12:31 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Btw, on the way home from the store that morning (of the 41-6 whipping in Houston), i got a ticket for speeding on Newman Ave in Ft. Thomas.

Is the significance of that Collinsworth living in Ft. Thomas? Or is that the day you became a "New man" by pledging allegiance to the Bengals? Both?

Ninja
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 12:49 PM)xxlt Wrote: This ^. It is a no-win situation for former players - they get accused of being a homer or a hater by somebody no matter what they say.

Now, Bob Trumpy was a hater, no question. But I think Cris and Boomer (Esiason) do a good job of showing loyalty and affection for the team they played for while still trying to provide objective analysis. Not an easy line to walk...

Completely agree.  You have the Rodney Harrison and Willie McGinist's of the world who do nothing, but gush all over their previous teams to the point you don't even want to watch.  I've always enjoyed Collinsworth as an announcer.  At the end of the day, he has a job to do and a family to provide for.  That job is not being a PR man for the Bengals...
Reply/Quote
Please, do you guys remember what you ate for lunch yesterday?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 01:18 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Please, do you guys remember what you ate for lunch yesterday?

Yes, yes I do.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote