Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why didn't we give Carmen reps in the superbowl??
I can't believe we allowed Adeniji to stay in this game with how horrible he was playing..Adeniji was a 6th round pick with 1 season more of experience than Carman and was still playing god awful;not understanding why he stayed ahead of Carman on the depth chart..
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 09:17 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: I can't believe we allowed Adeniji to stay in this game with how horrible he was playing..Adeniji was a 6th round pick with 1 season more of experience than Carman and was still playing god awful;not understanding why he stayed ahead of Carman on the depth chart..

That is the other question I keep asking besides the game plan.

Said before the game that if Adeniji started over Carman it would be harder to overcome.
Reply/Quote
I think Carman would've played well against those guys especially in the run game, and I also think he would've held up fine against the bull rush..
Reply/Quote
This is all water under the bridge. I do not see either of these players in the next iteration of the Bengals’ starting offensive line. The past is gone so let’s focus on what is to come.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It is odd after Zac came out and said Carman had earned the start.

Yet not going to dwell on this or the fact Mixon set the bench for last three plays.

Its over and time to gear for next year.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
This was on the Bengals website on Monday which explains why Carman wasn't in there.

"And the Bengals don't have the Lombardi because they opened and closed the game failing to convert third-and-one and fourth-and-one. One of the hot stove questions already developing is where was Pro Bowl running back Joe Mixon on those four snaps. Also in the mix was right guard Jackson Carman (back) unable to go, except for four special teams plays and Hakeem Adeniji taking all the snaps."
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 09:17 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: I can't believe we allowed Adeniji to stay in this game with how horrible he was playing..Adeniji was a 6th round pick with 1 season more of experience than Carman and was still playing god awful;not understanding why he stayed ahead of Carman on the depth chart..

So...this board always thinks the guy on the bench is the answer. Then, they play and are terrible.

I'm guessing, they think Adeniji is better.

I mean, I would have tried him.

Interestingly, Spain got beat on the last play of the game. I'm wondering why Hopkins didn't double him.
Reply/Quote
There is also the question of why the play did not have either a 6th lineman or a back next to Burrow to pick up any "leakers". Had they done that Burrow gets the time even with the whiff and the outcome may be different.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 11:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So...this board always thinks the guy on the bench is the answer. Then, they play and are terrible.

I'm guessing, they think Adeniji is better.

I mean, I would have tried him.

Interestingly, Spain got beat on the last play of the game. I'm wondering why Hopkins didn't double him.

No, Taylor had already said Carman was getting this start. His back flared up and he could not play. I don't know what kind of surgery he had, fusion is what I'm guessing, but they need to have a better doctor redo it.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 09:44 AM)Sled21 Wrote: No, Taylor had already said Carman was getting this start. His back flared up and he could not play. I don't know what kind of surgery he had, fusion is what I'm guessing, but they need to have a better doctor redo it.

He probably didn’t have a fusion. Probably had a laminectomy. Rare to see a 20 year old need a full posterior fusion.

That being said, a “back flare up” wouldn’t be fixed by another surgery. He probably needs to lose some weight and build up his multifidus muscles.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 10:09 PM)Daymack Wrote: This was on the Bengals website on Monday which explains why Carman wasn't in there.

"And the Bengals don't have the Lombardi because they opened and closed the game failing to convert third-and-one and fourth-and-one. One of the hot stove questions already developing is where was Pro Bowl running back Joe Mixon on those four snaps. Also in the mix was right guard Jackson Carman (back) unable to go, except for four special teams plays and Hakeem Adeniji taking all the snaps."

And to think that many of us were ridiculed and ostracized for suggesting that Carman's back injury was likely to linger and inhibit his ability to perform as a Cincinnati Bengal. Facepalm

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Sandiego? Electra?
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 10:17 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And to think that many of us were ridiculed and ostracized for suggesting that Carman's back injury was likely to linger and inhibit his ability to perform as a Cincinnati Bengal. Facepalm

back problems for big guys tend to only get worse over time
Reply/Quote